Paul's Run

Reviews of Paul's Run

Assisted Living Reviews for Paul's Run

July 13, 2014

By Patient's Sister

Nice facility - TERRIBLE REHAB! My sister was admitted for post-op PT and was ignored for the first weekend. She then had some token PT, being essentially ignored by the PT and told to "do what's on the sheet." She had to ASK for training on the steps. This weekend she has been ignored again because she was informed that only two therapists were working and there were "patients who needed therapy more." This is delaying her discharge back to a normal life and only making more money for Paul's Run. I cannot, as a healthcare worker, recommended Paul's Run for rehab services.

April 20, 2014

By Dad'sGirl

Paul’s Run is an outstanding community. After a bad fall, my 89 year-old father spent 3 months in the short-term rehab unit with the goal of moving him into an assisted living apartment at Paul’s Run. The physical and occupational therapy staff was extremely dedicated and worked very hard to get him to the point where he was able to move into the Paul’s Run assisted living section (called Personal Care). They were patient, respectful and take their jobs very seriously. He finally moved into a very nice assisted living apartment, where the nursing staff checks in on him throughout the day and night, and attends to his health and personal needs. They have been completely on top of things, very organized and systematic in the way they do things. The other day my dad mentioned a health concern and when I called the nursing station, they had already pre-emptively scheduled an appointment for him to see the doctor. The housekeeping staff keeps his apartment very clean and the facility itself if well-maintained and very pleasant. EVERYONE we have interacted with has been extremely helpful and friendly, from the reception desk through top management and phone calls are returned in a timely manner. My dad has adjusted to his new environment very well and thinks very highly of the care and attention he is getting. I have high standards and am not easily impressed. I have been VERY impressed by Paul’s Run. L. Eisenberg

August 14, 2013

By Lisa35

It's an excellent place. My father was in there for rehab since he had a stroke for about a month. They took excellent care of him and he had physical therapy. From there, I had him go over as a respite for one month as they offer respite. He was on personal care for people with dementia as he had slight dementia. They gave him his medication and the food included was: breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's $5,000 a month and I'll definitely recommend them to others.

November 08, 2012

By NEPhillyChick

The facility looked clean and had neutral pink decorations, but it smelled really bad like urine throughout the whole building. It also had a big room with windows that families could sit in and meet with their relatives in the assisted living facility, which was nice. The staff was very attentive to my grandfather and spoke with him as I visited. My grandfather said that he couldn't wait to leave because he was really bored there and he said the nurses would wake him up every two hours. He also didn't like that he had a roommate who was in pain all the time and would moan loudly. There weren't any real activities to keep my grandfather busy either. He said they had him coloring during the day. Even though he was there for a problem with his arm, he wasn't allowed to walk in the hallways and had to be pushed in a wheel chair, as per company policy.

May 31, 2012

By pedro214

It was a very nice environment with great employees. The food was actually not bad and people very very nice. The rooms were spacious and there was television, phone, flowers, toilets, a sink, very nicely painted and quaft walls, a beautiful ceiling, and awe-inspiring windows. The drawers fit very many clothes, as well. It is quite the retirement home with quite the knowledgeable staff. The assited living was very helpful to my wonderful grandmother. She greatly enjoyed it and was helped. The security was fantastic. However, there was once a huge robbery in the building, but oh well.many of the residents were deaf so televisions were very loud! And the security cold assist very well. This place had a lot of parking, too. There was so much parking that even the senior citizens agreed in the abundance. In closing, Paul's Run is a wonderful place with few flaws. It is recommended to live there.

August 16, 2011

By T.N.S

Pauls Run in my opinion is the worst and last place that you can put a loved one. The staff is not friendly, the place appears to be in desperate need of renovation, and in my opinion the patients are not well taken care of. My mother in law was in the skilled nursing section of the facility for a short period and while there the staff was unpleasant to deal with along with and unfriendly to my mother in law in front of my husband and I. We also had a hard time having my mother in-law released as the social worker would not sign off on the release and we had to continually call. If cost/insurance was not a factor my lovely mother in law would have never been in the facility.

June 05, 2011

By WillowSil

Friend or relative of resident

My father's parents were residents at Paul's Run for almost five years until they both passed within a few months of each other. They were in the independent living section, which means they had their own apartment; one bedroom, one bathroom, galley kitchen, living room/dining room. They had access to the outside via a small patio and their front door was off a hallway that provided easy access to the dining room, recreational areas, and gift shop. The staff were nice, the building was fairly well kept and the grounds were always clean and tidy. Both of my father's parents died suddenly, so neither one of them spent any time in the assisted living or nursing home areas of the facility, so I can't really comment on those sections of the community. The food was all right; not five star gourmet by any means, but not terrible either; think cafeteria. Whenever we visited we were made to feel welcome by staff and there were usually activities being held in the main recreational area. One small thing that I liked was that are built-in benches and seating areas along some of the halls, making it easy for people to sit and chat or stop for a moment if they need to catch their breath, as I frequently saw some of the elderly folks there do. Pauls Run is an older community, as far as the age of the building but it is maintained in decent shape. There's plenty of parking and visiting hours are fairly flexible and family time and activities/outings as feasible are encouraged.

Nursing Home Reviews for Paul's Run

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Paul's Run

June 10, 2011

Other

Paul's run is a beautiful building and is very clean and well kept. Parking is very tuff, be prepared to walk because you must enter threw the front door. Security is very high. They are always increasing their measures to keep the residents safe. The healthcare unit is kept very clean, the residents are always busy with different activities. The staff has a full schedule planned threw the day for the residents.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (5) See fewer reviews

• Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

• Pets: All Pets

About Paul's Run

Paul's Run is a senior living provider in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Paul's Run for more details on services and rates.

Map of Paul's Run