Fair Acres Geriatric Center

Reviews of Fair Acres Geriatric Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Fair Acres Geriatric Center

April 24, 2015

By Kathy74133950

A lawyer told us about Fair Acres. My mom was there for one week. We had put her in there, but when we went in the next day, she was walking around without a cane. The next night, my sister went in and didn't find my mother in the room. Nobody knew where she was, and then she came walking down the hallway barefoot this time with no walker or cane. We were just totally disgusted. The staff was horrible. They didn't do anything. The nurses worked, but none of the care people did anything. Her room wasn't set up and ready like they promised. My mom had a roommate in her room. It was more like a hospital set up. It was just horrible. It was not what they showed us when we went to see it. With regards to security, they had a gate that you're supposed to drive up through with a guard, but he was always doing something, and the gate was always up; anybody could have went in and out of there. It was terrible. They just need a whole new overhaul of the whole building and the way it is run.

March 10, 2015

We're placing my mother in Fair Acres which is not too far from us. It's one of the top facilities in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. There are two people to a room, and they are high rises. There are colleges and schools in the area, so a lot of the college kids and the school children go there for activities and meet with the residents. It's a clean and safe environment. It sits out in the country, which is nice.

December 09, 2014

We visited Fair Acres Center. I personally did not like it, but it was really what I expected because it was county run, and it was paid by government Medicaid. It was not as homey, and it was clinical. It was like a hospital or something like that. The staff was nice. The tour was also nice, and the information provided was very good. However, it was not the kind of surroundings that we would like to put my brother in. It was clean, but it was not homey.

September 26, 2013

By Randy6

My dad will be at Fair Acres. Although the place is not fancy but I can say their health care system is good. The personal care is good. It has a little bit of institutional environment. The interiors are not super fancy. It's a high rise facility and it's super, super clean.

September 19, 2013

By Lorraine21

My sister-in-law is at Fair Acres. The place is fine. They really treat her well. Her room is adequate. They have dancing activities and she seems to enjoy dancing. The only complaint I had was that she never has a cup of water by her side. If she wanted a glass of water, I had to go and find somebody to get it for her.

June 25, 2013

By caring06211

Fair Acres is okay, it's not state of the art or anything but it's clean. The food is okay. They give mom medicine on time. The people working there are friendly and helpful. I think they could have more space for each resident; there are three people in a room. She seemed stronger since she moved in.

December 07, 2012

By caring11303

We're in the process of getting my mother admitted to Fair Acres Geriatric Center. We've only been there one time but it just seemed like everyone there was very friendly and everybody was doing things, no one was sitting around. It's well-organized.

September 15, 2011

By pierre4192008

This is a huge facility located in a spacious community of Media, PA. This facility appeared to be hectic and looked cold in appearance. I visited a friend's grandmother who is a resident who absolutely loves it here. She said she loves that they arrange bus tours to Atlantic City and they teach them crafts to make for gifts for loved ones. She is 92 years old and is still very active. I myself would not like such a huge Nursing Home for myself; however, the resident loves it for herself. There is nothing elegant about this place if thats what you are looking for. Fair Acres appears to give good care to their residents and that should be a #1 consideration in choosing a Nursing Home.

Services and Amenities of Fair Acres Geriatric Center

• Italian
  • Japanese
  • Spanish

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Government County
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Fair Acres Geriatric Center

Fair Acres Geriatric Center is a senior living provider in Lima, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Fair Acres Geriatric Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Fair Acres Geriatric Center