Manor at Willow Valley

Reviews of Manor at Willow Valley

Independent Living Reviews for Manor at Willow Valley

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Manor at Willow Valley

December 28, 2014

Willow Valley was beautiful and very nice. However, I didn't get the feeling that they care as much about your quality of life. If you run out of money, they would downsize you. The facility was really nice. It has a beautiful pool and nice amenities. They have flowers planted all over the place, and it is really huge.

November 20, 2014

Willow Valley was my all-time favourite. We stayed there overnight, and we got meals there and talked to people. If I could go there that would be my number one choice, but that one is a little beyond my financial needs. The staff was straight forward.

October 26, 2014

By Sacramento Jim

My parents are in Manor North and have been there for 20 years. They are depression kids and have a life view much different than mine - also they lived in a much different world. They are 90 and still living independently although many of their activities have been reduced or dropped due to mobility. There have been many changes the last few years as the facility is shifted to attract the boomers who want a different experience. Many of the residents are not happy with the more modern looks, missing what my parents call homey decorations. Change is inevitable but difficult for many to adjust. I personally like the more open and bright decor. Every 10 years there are major changes to keep the place relevant for the next generation. Each resident gets their apartment renovated should they chose. That includes a complete makeover to their choice. I have always had great interactions with the staff and they are very patient with the residents - as they can be VERY challenging. Like all businesses staff run the gamut of exceptional to above average. I am on the west coast and sister is in central america so we are happy that our parents are in a caring place with people they like. It is not for me but understand that many really like the adult living experience.

July 15, 2014

By makeadifference

My Aunt lived at Willow Valley Retirement Communities for more than 25 years. She lived happily & independently at the Lakes and then moved to Supportive Living at the Glen. Unfortunately our experiences at the Glen have been very difficult. The best summary is that management is disconnected from the families and it seems they are in a power struggle sometimes exerting their powers in threatening ways. My aunt passed away on 7/2/14. Today is 7/15/14 and I have not received a call or card of condolence. This is a disgrace, but perhaps to be expected.

December 28, 2013

By lovemygrandparents

My Grandparents have lived at Willow Valley for just over 10 years. In the beginning, they were very happy there. Over the past few years, quite a bit has changed and I would NOT recommend this retirement community to family or friends anymore. Management is rude, disrespectful, and shares information regarding residents' personal and private interactions at the "home" without permission. I was told over the phone in significant detail behaviors of my grandparents that were none of my business when I called to follow up on some changes that had been made to the buildings/activities. The manager I spoke with actually told me she thought my grandparents were having financial troubles...my very proud grandfather would DIE if he knew someone suggested that of him. Grossly inappropriate. They had no idea who I was, and even if they did, should not have shared their negative opinions of my relatives. Also, there has been construction going on in one apartment wing for over a year. This means if you live in this wing, you've been living with noise, dirt, debris, etc for over a year. Finally, many of the activities that my grandparents participate in have been dissolved with no notice other than a note on the door saying the activity is no longer available. This is very hard on them when they have schedules/routines they've been sticking to for years. The dates the activities were scheduled to reopen have come and gone several times without explanation or apology. My grandparents are so unhappy there now, and I think it's such a shame to spend your last years feeling disrespected and talked down to by staff. Sadly, I would not recommend Willow Valley Retirement Community.

November 29, 2013

By Angela7

I spent a night at Willow Valley and it was a great facility. It was beautiful and large. The fees were lower. The staff was very good and friendly. They were amenable and courteous. They had about five restaurants. They gave the opportunity for the people to rate the staff every single day, which I thought was interesting. They were prominent people from where they came from and they made it their job every night that somebody at the table would rate the people who waited on them that day.

March 22, 2013

By Bonnie10

We enjoyed our visit in Willow Woods. The staff who gave us a tour was gracious and informative. However, the rooms that we could afford were small. It was not spacious enough for me and my husband. There were actvities like wood workings and swimming.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (13) See fewer reviews

• Low Salt
  • Renal

• Pets: All Pets

About Manor at Willow Valley

Willow Valley Communities is one of the nation's top retirement destinations, attracting residents from 37 states. Located in charming Lancaster, PA, our continuing care retirement community (CCRC) is convenient to Philadelphia, New York, and Washington, DC.

Our Residents chose Willow Valley because of our reputation for excellence and long history--over 20 years--of prudent financial management. They value our Lifecare contract, designed to protect their financial assets, providing assisted living, skilled, and memory support care at no additional cost. The one-time entrance fee ranges from $71,200 to $416,200 and monthly fees start at $1,137.

Willow Valley has two campuses, each with a variety of Residences including villas, townhomes, and apartments. Choose from a variety of residences ranging in size from 700"“3,200 sq. ft., then personalize your new home at the Design Studio. Resort-style amenities include our 80,000 sq. ft. Cultural Center, 500-seat performing arts theater, and full-service spa.

Willow Valley Communities Features

Our Residents have formed over 100 clubs and groups and enjoy state-of-the-art amenities including our 80,000 sq. ft. Cultural Center, full-service spa, multiple Aquatic Centers and Fitness Centers and the conveniences of beauty and barber shops, pharmacies, etc. throughout the community.

Willow Valley Communities also feature the following: