Legend of Lancaster

31 Millersville Road, Lancaster, PA 17603
Legend of Lancaster (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 55 days

Save $417 per month on Memory Care apartments. Ask Sales Director for details.

Reviews of Legend of Lancaster

Assisted Living Reviews for Legend of Lancaster

June 27, 2021

By Hayley

The Legend of Lancaster is beautiful, it's very clean, and well maintained. The common areas are just warm and inviting. Sarah, who does the tours and meets with the families, is outstanding. She just takes time and patience. It was just all-around good. They gave us some dessert and it was delicious.

June 25, 2021

By Maria

My grandmother is at Legend of Lancaster. They seem very nice and friendly. Not everybody is super knowledgeable about how to get grandma set up with the Wi-Fi. They didn't have the information to get her set up with the Wi-Fi password, but they seem nice. The inside seems very well cared for. She has her own little space and that seems very nice. They come in, take her trash out, and clean. She hasn't been there very long, but the outside courtyard definitely needs some work. Hopefully, with the nice weather, they can attend to that because there are weeds everywhere and some dog poop in the yard, and it wasn't cleaned up or anything like that. They are probably understaffed, too, with everything else that's going on, so I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. The inside of the facility is very nice and very clean. She has access to a little library and a little food area if she wants a snack or two. She said the food has been pretty good so far. I haven't seen any activities as of yet, and she hasn't actually done anything yet either, which is a little disappointing. I feel like she is just kind of sitting in her room not getting much activity at all. It's very quiet when we go in there, there just does not seem to be a lot going on, and I feel like she's getting very depressed just sitting in her room all day long, which is not helping her situation at all. I know all places are very expensive, but my grandmother is paying $4500 a month for a very, very small space, and she is in the least amount of care needed. She just needs help with medication and that's it, so I think it's outrageous, personally. She has to buy her own laundry detergent and her own dryer sheets. They do the laundry for her, but she has to pay for that. She had to buy her own furniture to take in there, which was a really huge expense for her because she didn't have anything. She is on a very tight financial budget and probably will not be able to be there for more than a few years. It is very costly, but I know all these places are very costly. She has only been there for less than a month now.

June 23, 2021

By Peter

I was accommodated very well at Legend of Lancaster. The place was very modern. It was just recently built. Everything was really pretty, nice, and new. It was a very nice-looking facility. However, when I asked about the ratio of staff to patients, I couldn't get an answer. The answer was it varies depending upon the situation, so that threw a red flag. The place was very clean. It didn't feel as home as the other facility, and it didn't feel as institutional as the nursing home where my mother was trying to do rehab. They have both a library and a beauty salon. The person I met was very accommodating. One thing they can improve upon is their location. The location is in a very, very busy intersection, so it's difficult to access if you're coming from certain directions, so that's one thing. The second thing is that I just like to know a little bit more about their staff and their staffing procedures, because if I ask a question,"What's your ratio of staff to patients?" and you can't answer, then I'm not going to have my mother go there.

June 22, 2021

By ReviewerRD#514

We have just moved my father into Legend of Lancaster. We chose it for the location. However, they need to get their communication a little bit more up-to-date and communicate with residents and potential residents a little bit more clearly about the admission process. The staff members are not as accessible as you would think that they should be, but they're diligent in the work that they do. The food is excellent. My father hasn't participated in activities, but the activities coordinator has been very, very diligent and very, very interactive with him. She is engaging him, introducing him, and welcoming him into the community. It's very fresh and very new. She's done wonderful so far at trying to get him involved. I haven't really been there to experience it, but I've witnessed that there's always something going on. The facility looks very nice. The buildings are very new. It looks pretty good, and I'm just right down the street.

May 25, 2021

By Sheryl

We liked Legend of Lancaster. They are very wonderful just like the other place we visited; they didn't not do anything wrong. They have really good staff. The person who gave me the tour was great and she gave my boyfriend something like cake to eat. I have been dealing with breast cancer, and she brought me a breast cancer survivor cup. She actually brought it over to the house. I was impressed with how kind they are. It is a relief for me that the people with my dad are this kind.

March 09, 2021

By noreenv

My sister is so depressed from the care she is paying for and not getting! No one baths her or cuts. Her nails! She can't eat by herself but is made to! She needs some compassion and care! I will be on the phone tomorrow with a speaker for my sister! 3/14/2021

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, what you describe falls short of our standards for care. Can you give us a call so we can better understand the full situation and work toward a solution?

March 23, 2019

By EG

We loved Legend of Lancaster, but four weeks is their minimum for respite and that's a little long for us. Everything was very clean, very modern, and quiet and everyone was very professional. There was a spa, a movie theater, and a bistro. There were lots of things to do. The admissions person was very nice. It's a beautiful facility.

Thank you for this great review, EG! We’re glad to hear that you were impressed by the community. Please let us know if there is any way that we can serve you and your family in the future.

November 07, 2018

By Eugene

Signature Senior Living (Legend of Lancaster) is pretty new. The apartments are excellent. They actually have a little kitchen, a living area, and a large bathroom. Their activities are excellent. They have a library and plenty of activities. Both my mother and sister live there.

Hi Eugene, thank you for this wonderful review! We're glad to hear that your family are enjoying Legend of Lancaster. It's our pleasure to serve you and your family.

December 20, 2017

By Lori

Signature Senior Living Lancaster was brand new. The actual grounds were a little smaller than the other ones we visited. We saw two beautiful rooms and a calendar with activities that were planned for the month. They had a beautiful little café that they kept stocked all the time and residents were welcome to help themselves. Everyone seemed very nice. There wasn't much going on because it was brand new. They had a lot of openings. It almost reminded me of a hotel; it's beautiful.

Memory Care Reviews for Legend of Lancaster

Questions about Legend of Lancaster

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Associates receive training through a thorough onboarding program and ongoing, annual training as required by the state regulations. Department heads are required to participate in bi-annual training in their designated field of expertise.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Legend of Lancaster. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

This community is very proud to have a diverse community of residents who enjoy a wide range of activities from physical exercise, exploring their artistic talents, cooking classes and volunteering their time in various local community projects, just to name a few.

What programs or activities does Legend of Lancaster offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Some of the life enrichment opportunities include: trips to the theater and art venues, outings to shopping and attractions, community and cultural events, informative lectures and educational speakers, volunteer opportunities, fitness classes, walking groups, social and themed parties, book clubs, family events and much more.

What transportation services does Legend of Lancaster offer to assisted living residents?

This community offers scheduled transportation via shuttle buses for our assisted living resident’s convenience. Community is equipped with a porte-cochere for the convenience and safety of all residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Legend of Lancaster exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

This community offers a Gold Leaf Dining experience for all residents which entail fresh prepared meals in our own kitchen by our staff of professional Gold Leaf Chefs. Breakfast consists of a wide array of traditional breakfast items, including eggs cooked to order. For lunch and dinner, you may choose a freshly prepared selection from the Gold Leaf Choice menu or the Café Select menu, and your choice will be brought to your table by one of our friendly wait staff. The Gold Leaf Choice menu is created by the chef and changes daily.

What safety features or security measures does Legend of Lancaster offer to assisted living residents?

Trained associates are on the premises 24-hours a day, electromagnetic locking doors, specialty carpets near doors with alarms, etc.

How does Legend of Lancaster keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

This community publishes a monthly newsletter which often contains a calendar of planned events, a schedule of daily activities is posted at the community. Families will receive a phone call if there is any change in the health of the resident.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Legend of Lancaster during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staff-to-resident ratio will fluctuate depending on the number of residents.

If Legend of Lancaster accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents are allowed to have well-behaved pets and there is ample space outdoors for residents to enjoy with their pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Staff-to-resident ratio will fluctuate depending on the number of residents.

What safety features or security measures does Legend of Lancaster provide to protect residents who wander?

When residents appear to be moving towards an exit, associates are trained to re-direct them back to their activities or apartments. Special carpet designed to deter residents are placed around fire exits and the doors in each community are installed with electro-magnetic locking systems.

What programs or activities does Legend of Lancaster offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Programs and activities for Memory Care Residents are customized based on personal interest, cognitive and physical abilities using the resident’s life story.

Each resident’s health and cognitive functioning are assessed by the health care coordinator when they move into the community. Each resident is assessed again 30 days after move-in and every 120 days after that by the Healthcare Coordinator.

What techniques does Legend of Lancaster use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

A half hour before mealtimes, aroma therapy is used to stimulate synapses in the brain to recognize that it is time to eat, residents are escorted to the dining room and accompanied at the table by an associate who demonstrates mirroring techniques to enhance memories of proper eating techniques.

How does Legend of Lancaster keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Anytime there is a change in the health or behavior of a resident, the family is notified with a phone call.

Describe the neighborhood around Legend of Lancaster. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

This community is located in close proximity to residential neighborhoods with easy access to various hospitals and clinics for the convenience of the residents.

Costs for Legend of Lancaster

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 333060 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

About Legend of Lancaster

At Legend of Lancaster, you’ll find a vibrant atmosphere that values both community and individuality. Gathering areas are purposefully designed to make life more engaging, convenient and social, while a variety of residential floorplans offer comfortable, private retreats in which you can express your individual taste and lifestyle. Even the services we provide are personalized to your unique needs and wishes, and delivered discreetly so that lifestyle always remains at the heart of your experience.

Map of Legend of Lancaster