Laurelhurst Village

Reviews of Laurelhurst Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Laurelhurst Village

March 22, 2012

By mansourm

I took a tour of a senior assisted living home that my friend works at. She showed me around the place and introduced me to some of the residents and nurses. Everyone was very nice, although some seniors didn't seem too happy to be there. Most of them were though and many of them were very sweet. The nurses seem like they work very hard to keep the place clean and in working order. The rooms were tidy and clean and there was always a nurse nearby. The food did not look all that appetizing to me, but I guess it is better than some places. I noticed that there was a distinct smell to the place too probably because there are a lot of elders around plus it is a senior assisted living home, just like how most hospitals have that certain smell to them. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to any one who was looking for a senior home because from the experience I had there, it seems like a nice place to stay.

Nursing Home Reviews for Laurelhurst Village

August 28, 2015

By care4dolly

My grandmother was taken to Laurelhurst after having a stroke. She wasn't even at the facility for 24 hours before she was taken away by ambulance back to the ER. When she was taken to the facility no one told her where to find her call button and she was left alone in her room for hours. Finally she needed to go to the bathroom and couldn't hold it anymore. No one was around to help, so she used her cane to guide her way to the bathroom and ended up slipping on the floor and landing on her cane. She called for help and no one came. Finally she was able to reach her cell phone and call 9-1-1 for help. She had to call 9-1-1 because no one checked on her or heard her cries for help. The care coordinator at the hospital tried to tell me that this was my grandmother's fault, because she shouldn't have tried to get out of bed alone. No sympathy or admission of wrongdoing. My grandmother had dark bruises all over her back and suffered back spasms so bad they made her cry. My grandmother is a very easygoing person, but she vehemently refused to go back to this facility when she was discharged from the hospital. I don't know how this place hasn't been shut down. The hospital that referred my grandmother to this place should be ashamed to even offer this place as an option for patients and the insurance offers so few options that I am sure many patients feel forced into going into a place like this when they have to find a rehab center for care. Shame on Laurelhurst Village for operating a horrendous facility like this. I would give zero stars if that was an option.

August 27, 2015

By Knottone

Continues to employ non responsive CNAs and Aides. I was a patient 7/25 to 8/9, 2015. Did not have adequate numbers of walkers, was frequently left on bedside commode for 20 to 40 minutes, was served food that did not accommodate my celiac dietary needs. Level of actual rehabilitation was excellent. This did not make up for the pain, fear and sense of abandonment I felt while there. STAY AWAY. Shame on Kaiser Permanente for having this place as mandatory for patients from NE Portland.

April 30, 2012

By pdx

DO NOT GO HERE!! It is difficult to see your loved ones suffer when you are out of control of the situation. My mother went here after a hip replacement and within the first 48 hours was transported back to Kaiser with a back injury. She rang the bell for bedpan assistance and was finally given assistance onto the pan but after 40 minutes no one came back to help her off. She finally tried to help herself and hurt her back so badly they transported her to the hospital for review. The staff then told my brother that she was always ringing the bell and wanted to make sure we knew that... well after 4 or 5 attempts to get help wouldn't you think that someone might assist her?? I would not allow her to go back and had her moved to another facilty that really shows that compassion and assistance is what the patient deserves. Basic human needs should be meet without begging for help!

February 01, 2012

By SherriJ

Don't go there. Inconsistent care. CNAs are non responsive to resident needs, take their time when addressing call buttons, (sometimes up to 2 hours at night - someone had been sleeping in empty beds too. There are some excellent cnas there, but sadly they are the exception, not the norm. Recent outbreak of illness spread like wildfire without proper containment. Meals often do not match resident needs or meal ticket. Therapy support is excellent.

November 07, 2011

By auntadvocate

We had our aunt at your facility twice, with hip replacement in between. The first time we were satisfied; the nurse assistant was positive, helpful and tried to be responsive to the call button. She was in a different part of the facility the second time our aunt lived there. The staff was not responsive, even though we moved her across from the nursing station. Staff appeared disinterested, even when we were there to advocate. The common area is rarely used by patients so there is little social stimulation. The facility is clean and functional but...we moved her to a new skilled nursing facility and so far so good.

July 10, 2009

By Michelle-1

My loved one stayed here

Grandma went to the health and rehabilitation center there at Laurelhurst Village and received horrible care! Grandma needed to use the restroom and pushed her call light. half hour later after she couldnt hold it much longer a nurse came in and said "We don't have time to be changing linens all night" Please don't send your loved ones there.. you'll be very dissapointed!

Photos of Laurelhurst Village

Services and Amenities of Laurelhurst Village

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Laurelhurst Village

Enjoy retirement in Portland, Oregon! Avamere at Laurelhurst Village offers assisted living and rehabilitation for seniors who enjoy independence but want a little assistance when needed most.

Everything we do centers around our residents - from activities to amenities to the care we provide. It's all part of our mission to enhance the life of every person we serve.

Whether you're looking for a new home or a short-term stay while you heal, let us welcome you to Laurelhurst Village.

Map of Laurelhurst Village