Laurelhurst Village

Reviews of Laurelhurst Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Laurelhurst Village

March 22, 2012

By mansourm

I took a tour of a senior assisted living home that my friend works at. She showed me around the place and introduced me to some of the residents and nurses. Everyone was very nice, although some seniors didn't seem too happy to be there. Most of them were though and many of them were very sweet. The nurses seem like they work very hard to keep the place clean and in working order. The rooms were tidy and clean and there was always a nurse nearby. The food did not look all that appetizing to me, but I guess it is better than some places. I noticed that there was a distinct smell to the place too probably because there are a lot of elders around plus it is a senior assisted living home, just like how most hospitals have that certain smell to them. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to any one who was looking for a senior home because from the experience I had there, it seems like a nice place to stay.

Nursing Home Reviews for Laurelhurst Village

February 01, 2012

By SherriJ

Don't go there. Inconsistent care. CNAs are non responsive to resident needs, take their time when addressing call buttons, (sometimes up to 2 hours at night - someone had been sleeping in empty beds too. There are some excellent cnas there, but sadly they are the exception, not the norm. Recent outbreak of illness spread like wildfire without proper containment. Meals often do not match resident needs or meal ticket. Therapy support is excellent.

November 07, 2011

By auntadvocate

We had our aunt at your facility twice, with hip replacement in between. The first time we were satisfied; the nurse assistant was positive, helpful and tried to be responsive to the call button. She was in a different part of the facility the second time our aunt lived there. The staff was not responsive, even though we moved her across from the nursing station. Staff appeared disinterested, even when we were there to advocate. The common area is rarely used by patients so there is little social stimulation. The facility is clean and functional but...we moved her to a new skilled nursing facility and so far so good.

July 10, 2009

By Michelle-1

My loved one stayed here

Grandma went to the health and rehabilitation center there at Laurelhurst Village and received horrible care! Grandma needed to use the restroom and pushed her call light. half hour later after she couldnt hold it much longer a nurse came in and said "We don't have time to be changing linens all night" Please don't send your loved ones there.. you'll be very dissapointed!

Photos of Laurelhurst Village

Services and Amenities of Laurelhurst Village

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Laurelhurst Village

Enjoy retirement in Portland, Oregon! Avamere at Laurelhurst Village offers assisted living and rehabilitation for seniors who enjoy independence but want a little assistance when needed most.

Everything we do centers around our residents - from activities to amenities to the care we provide. It's all part of our mission to enhance the life of every person we serve.

Whether you're looking for a new home or a short-term stay while you heal, let us welcome you to Laurelhurst Village.

Map of Laurelhurst Village