Lantern of Madison

Lantern of Madison (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Lantern of Madison

Assisted Living Reviews for Lantern of Madison

November 20, 2013

We put my mom in a place which is nearby here. It is called Lantern of Madison. This is our choice because we like the atmosphere there and it's clean. They also said that if my mom runs out of money, she can still stay there and she won't have to move. They said they will give her ongoing care. Right now she is at level 3, and they go up to level 5, so they would take care of her there no matter if her condition worsens. We're just glad not to have to move her. They also have a separate section for people with Alzheimer's and dementia. The staff is very competent, friendly and prompt. When she needs anything, they're there within a couple of minutes. They do their best and I think they like what they're doing. Her room is very nice. It is big enough to have her bed and then a little sitting area with TV, etc. I ate there once or twice and the food is pretty good. It's not gourmet restaurant but it is decent food. My mom doesn't mind it. Overall, she is very happy there.

March 05, 2013

By KenRU

Other

Lantern provided good care for my step father while he was there. However, after he passed on, they withheld $800 of the deposit, made a mistake in sending it to him instead of his heir, then refused to cancel and reissue the check. causing unnecessary delays in issuing the refund. That left a sour taste in my mouth after an otherwise good experience.

May 15, 2012

By Krombie3

The building itself is not that impressive from the outside appearance. However, the inside is comfortably and tastefully renovated. There is a theater for movie viewing and several dining areas. Rooms are not very big, but client privacy seems to be important to the staff and they treat the clients respectfully. You are allowed to bring some items from home to make your room more personal if you like. There could be more food choices available on the menu. There seems to be one set menu for the day and not a lot of alternates to choose from. The food is not bad, but not what I would expect for the monthly price of the stay there. Medical care seems adequate and my family member gets the care she needs. Overall, I would rate the facility better than average. However they could improve on the food and the outside appearance a little more.

May 06, 2012

By Daisy5

We chose this facility because they accept Medicare. The facility is very clean and she has her own apartment. They wash her clothes, cook for her and she receives 3 meals every day. The staffs are very caring. She wears a necklace that she can push every time she needs something and they respond immediately. They have activities too. We haven't joined her yet because most of them are in daytime and we have work but some activities including bus rides, trips to restaurants and many others. They get the residents to go out of the facility. I can't think of anything that this facility needs to improve; its being ran pretty well.

June 29, 2011

By PattyJane

My mother lived at the Lantern from 2006 until she passed away. I cannot say enough good things about the care that she received. The staff were like 2nd family. It was apparent that their goal was to make sure all of the clients and their families were happy/healthy and content. Thank you.

December 13, 2009

By consumer1

I toured this place

This facility is beautiful. The staff is so attentive and caring.From the minute I walked in the door, I felt as if we had known all of these people all of our life. The people that live there seemed very happy and satisfied. 1 of them even told me, if she could not be at her own home, she wanted to be at the Lantern. I was set for my grandmother to move in but unfortunately she had a set back and passed away suddenly. I urge people to go tour the Lantern before you make any decisions.

Costs for Lantern of Madison

Photos of Lantern of Madison

Services and Amenities of Lantern of Madison

• State Licenses: 2404R

About Lantern of Madison

We believe in creating a world where memories are treasured, relationships are cherished and our elderly revered. Our deep seated conviction is innovation and challenging the status quo. We challenge the status quo by creating a therapeutic care environment that not only nurtures an absolute well-being but also stimulates lost memories. If you are seeking to engage with your parents or your loved one, we have an award winning cognitive therapeutic program called “Svayus”- A time capsule designed to cue and retrieve memories to enable our clients live a life that is cheerful, brimming with happiness and vigor.

People are not with us to quietly fade from the society, but come to us to live a dignified life. We know that the human spirit glows until we take our last breath.

Our residents are our number one priority, we do everything possible to ensure they are safe, healthy and well cared for.

Our mission at Lantern Of Madison is to facilitate healthy living. Provide superior services consistent with the needs of the elderly, offer an environment that will support their personal needs and create an atmosphere that will stimulate creativity and enhance performance to their maximum potential. We are committed to provide a desired place that will physically, mentally and emotionally satisfy the seniors.

Lantern differentiates itself and stands apart from other facilities because of its unique offering- Fountain Of Life. These programs are proven successful in strengthening musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, integumentary, respiratory, genitourinary, gastrointestinal and central nervous system, thus alleviating pain and soreness associated with aging.

Map of Lantern of Madison