Laurelwood Senior Living

Reviews of Laurelwood Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Laurelwood Senior Living

July 20, 2015

By Wrightbrigade

My mother has been there for about five months. They will try and sell this place like its a Cruise ship. Hey they are very convincing. The management is horrid. They don't have a meal selection like they promise and its almost always cold and gross. They miss appointments consistently and miss giving out meds. The nurses are rude and will make life hell on your loved one. I took complaints to management and documented our problems and their best suggestion was for us to go somewhere else. We are. Please do not trust these people.

Hi - I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I am so very sorry to hear that your mother had a negative experience at Laurelwood. Have you called Resident Relations here at Home Office to address your concerns? I'd hate to see other seniors have a negative experience and would like to escalate this to the corporate level. I've passed your review onto them, but know that you are welcome to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331 if you have anything else to add. Thank you, Katie

June 29, 2015

By Anonymous106190750

The Laurelwood was a nice facility, but it was in the middle of a lot of stores, and there was no greenery. It did not appeal to me. The rooms were pretty small.

May 26, 2015

By Rod8

My parents are in Laurelwood right now. The location and the cost were good. It was one of the better -- if not the best -- prices for what we got. The care seems to meet our expectation and what we needed for my father especially since he was the one that needed the most care. The camaraderie of the residents seemed very positive. The tour was excellent; she gave us a very thorough tour. We threw dozens of questions at her, and she had very good, strong responses. The facility itself was very nice. We liked the separate room where you can get together with family and have a nice meal if you wish.

May 22, 2015

By Scotland

If your loved one needs assistance, this is not the place. It is dirty, smells, is run down. Management gives you a great sales pitch, but product doesn't match expectation.Go elsewhere.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm sorry to hear that you have such a negative impression of Laurelwood. You mentioned that Laurelwood didn't meet your expectation. Do you have any specific examples? If so, we'd be interested in hearing them. Feel free to call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331. Thank you,

December 18, 2014

I think Laurelwood Senior Living would be a great place for my mother-in-law. The staff were very helpful. The room that she would've been in was very spacious and homey, and she could bring in furniture. I saw some who were doing some crafts. It was several levels, and that kind of worried me about her moving around as she would have to take an elevator down to another level where the cafeteria was, but it seemed like it was secure.

June 25, 2014

The rep person at Laurelwood was very nice. She was very open and willing to work with me. She said she would invite my mom to activities. She would even come out and take some meals for her and get her warmed up to assisted living. They seemed to have a lot of activities. While I was there, they were going out on a nature ride, and I thought that was pretty good. The accommodations were of the average type.

June 10, 2014

By RICHARD G

Laurelwood was the one that I had selected because they seemed to be able to make arrangements, cost-wise, on whatever with my aunt and uncle's income. The rest of them were too expensive. The community was very nice. In fact, they had an open house there that I went to, and they had food that was prepared by their chef and it was excellent. The apartments were very nice. There were two rooms, a bathroom, and a kitchen. The kitchen was off from one room. The other room was kind of more like living quarters than a bedroom, and the bathroom is in the bedroom. I like that they could split the cost between Medicaid and self-pay. One of them could be on Medicaid and one of them could be on self-pay.

February 26, 2014

My mother has been living in Laurelwood. It was the only one that we could find that would give her a private room on Medicaid. The room is adequate and fine. We’re having problems with medicine missing and not dispensed for 5 to 6 days. We’ve had issues with them in toileting and personal care. My niece talked to the management but the last two emails were not answered. She was very unhappy with the way they were treating my mother and now they wanted to raise the rent. Most of the staff are very good and very caring. My niece is happy with them but it’s the management that's not good.

December 29, 2013

By Jerry23

My mom moves to Lamplight Inn last week. It is a good size living facility. It has nice atmosphere, very friendly and very clean. They have two or three different vans and busses. They have activity center, beauty parlor, ice cream parlor. They have two meals a day with snacks. They pretty much have a full service. It is working well.

November 07, 2013

By wise owl

We visited this facility several times in a two week period to show various family members the facility before considering putting our mother there. The 4th time we visited we were spoken to very rudely by upper management. We were told that we had been there enough and that the waiting list was too long (probably 18 months) before she would be considered for a listing. We left feeling humiliated, unwelcomed and quite certain we would not want our mother in a place where stresses and tempers might compromise the compassionate we were looking for. We got our mother into another facility much nicer and friendlier within a month. They did call us shortly after and said they might have an immediate opening. We would not have put our mother in Lamplight after our experience.

September 06, 2013

By Bowserw

I am going to have to say that our experience was not very good. The staff seemed to not be knowlageable able how to care for an elderly person. The medical assistants would miss represent themselvs as nurses however when there was a problem they could not answer your question. Our grandparent become very sick while she was there and before she had even passed away the management called and asked us to remove her personal items because they needed the room for someone else. If I had known that this was the kind of care and compassion that my grandmother and family would receive I would never have used this facility for my loved one.

June 29, 2013

By John Patrick Collons

It was not as spacious. It did not have as many activities and the dining was very limited. They only had a single menu for every meal.

Memory Care Reviews for Laurelwood Senior Living

Costs for Laurelwood Senior Living

Photos of Laurelwood Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Laurelwood Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• State Licenses: 2032R

About Laurelwood Senior Living

Laurelwood Senior Living is an assisted living community located in Dayton, Ohio in Greene County. For seniors that enjoy nature, plants, and flowers, Laurelwood Senior Living is perfectly located. The Cox Arboretum and Gardens Metropark are roughly half a mile away. Here seniors can enjoy a truly exceptional selection of flora year round. It is a great place for bringing family and friends when they visit seniors that live at Laurelwood Senior Living. Laurelwood Senior Living is also less than half a mile from the Dayton Mall, which is a vast shopping complexes with dozens of stores where seniors can eat and shop all day long without ever getting bored.

Amenities and Services:

• Laurelwood is perfectly situated on the outskirts of Dayton, Ohio. Stop by today, and we’ll be happy to show you around!
  • 3 Chef-Prepared Meals Served Daily, Restaurant Style Dining
  • Private Apartment
  • Laundry Facilities
  • Complimentary Scheduled Transportation
  • Weekly Housekeeping and Linen Service

Once you join the Laurelwood Senior Living community you will feel more free and independent than any other time in your life. The devoted care you receive at Laurelwood Senior Living will give you the time to simply embrace life and live it to the fullest.

Call today to schedule your personal visit and learn more about joining our family!

Map of Laurelwood Senior Living