The Covington

Reviews of The Covington

Assisted Living Reviews for The Covington

April 20, 2014

By Tarheelz Family Member

The Covington has gone down in quality and care over the past few years and the past few months under a new manager continues to go down. The Sanitatin Grades for both the facility and its kitchen are 91.5 and 90. I don't eat at restaurants below a 94. I surely wouldn't want to live in one. I hope to find another residence soon. The biggest issue for me is there is zero management visible or available when family's visit. When there have been problems, the highest level of employee is a "supervisor" who happens to be a Med Tech -- not an RN, not a management level professional -- a tech with little skill or knowledge beyond the basics. Initially, there were empty promises, but the only positives were the cosmetic items with some new furniture and flooring, but that's simply because it had begun to STINK due to urine and other nastiness. There is little to no engagement with the residents as we had at another similar facility for dementia. The staff, while superficially "nice" appear to do it for show. We have had problems with cleanliness, basic care, medical issues, not following instructions, and feces all over the bathroom floor on several occasions. Neither my loved one or her roommate had that type of "issue." It appeared that the toilet kept overflowing. I have bought my loved one numerous clothing and shoe items and REGULARLY there is little if any clothing available and she is wearing another's items. When we visit, the staff are typically sitting around chatting while the residents are congregated in the foyer ... not engaged in activities, not singing, not coloring, not walking outside ... sitting in a foyer (many in wheelchairs who don't need them, but it's easier on staff to wheel them than to walk them) watching a movie that folks with memory problems can't follow a plot to anyway ... so they're just sitting there staring while waiting to die. SAD! APPALLING! Different than other facilities, yet they still charge and get $3,000 to $7,000 per resident. They need to be investigated and completely new staff and management brought in.

August 22, 2013

By Jacquelin

I am very unhappy with some of the conditions at the Covington. I don't like the food and it's very different from what I used to. But the employees were wonderful, I really like the med techs and the CNAs and I formed a lot of friendships. My room is well maintained and very comfortable and the activities are enough for me.

Memory Care Reviews for The Covington

Services and Amenities of The Covington

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About The Covington

The Covington is a senior living provider in Raleigh, North Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact The Covington for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Covington