Croatan Village

Reviews of Croatan Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Croatan Village

November 20, 2012

By NewBernResident1

Croatan Village Assisted Living Community had a wonderful first impression. It looked well-maintained. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist as soon as we entered the building. After I explained that we were there because my family member was considering moving, she offered to give us a tour. We met several friendly residents, and everyone seemed happy. The staff encourages independence but makes it very clear to residents that they are there when needed. Transportation is provided for appointments to all residents. Food is also provided. We were offered a free lunch while we were there, but it did no look appetizing. We were provided with rates, move in options, and other basic details while we were there. The staff did a wonderful job of making us feel welcomed. All of the residents we spoke to encouraged living at Croatan Village Assisted Living Community. A few different activities were going on while we were there, and it seemed like a normal occurrence.

August 21, 2012

By Derrik J,

My visit was good. My first impression was correct, even from the outside the facility looked in great condition. The lawn and garden was meticulously manicured. The facilities were clean. The staff was very nice. The suite my grandmother lived in was furnished very beautifully. The amenities were on par with what I expected, they even had a salon. My grandmother tells me they provide transportation to and from her appointments. As far as the food, she said she wishes the food was better, but it's ok for what it was. The nurse that came in while I was visiting was very nice and responsive. Everyone we encountered was very professional. We were taken on a mini-tour, and I liked what I saw. The activities area was appropriate for the demographic. The kitchen area was clean, and there was a computer lab. We were informed that there were several therapists onsite. I would suggest this facility to anyone.

April 10, 2012

By sus4n2

I did volunteer work at this facility. I've been there several times and I found the staff to be very nice. I liked the fact that the activity director was creative and brought in different activities for the residents of the home. The residents seemed to be very happy, and they enjoyed participating in activities. We played games with the residents and let them win tickets to go "shopping" for free gifts. It was a lot of fun. I saw church groups coming there, choirs, musicians, and arts and crafts teachers. I also took a tour of the entire facility and saw the assisted living suites. Let me tell you, they are nice. I was really impressed. The residents had decorated their doors and it was so cute, and really seemed like a home. The residents had independence, yet still had staff just down the hall. I also liked the fact that this place was very clean and it smelled clean. I also visited the non-suite side and everyone seemed happy and things looked fine.

About Croatan Village

Croatan Village is a senior living provider in New Bern, North Carolina that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Croatan Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Croatan Village