Croatan Village

Reviews of Croatan Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Croatan Village

April 10, 2012

By sus4n2

I did volunteer work at this facility. I've been there several times and I found the staff to be very nice. I liked the fact that the activity director was creative and brought in different activities for the residents of the home. The residents seemed to be very happy, and they enjoyed participating in activities. We played games with the residents and let them win tickets to go "shopping" for free gifts. It was a lot of fun. I saw church groups coming there, choirs, musicians, and arts and crafts teachers. I also took a tour of the entire facility and saw the assisted living suites. Let me tell you, they are nice. I was really impressed. The residents had decorated their doors and it was so cute, and really seemed like a home. The residents had independence, yet still had staff just down the hall. I also liked the fact that this place was very clean and it smelled clean. I also visited the non-suite side and everyone seemed happy and things looked fine.

Costs for Croatan Village

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Emergency Call System, Library, Ice Cream Parlor

• Activities Extra: Karoke, Movies, Social/Spiritual Programs, Happy Hour

• Diet Extra: Dietian On Staff

• Range Of Services Extra: Incontinence Management, On Site Medical Services, Case Management

Types of care

• Memory Care Training

• Licenses: HAL-025-037
  • State Licenses: HAL-025-037

About Croatan Village

Croatan Village is an Assisted Living and Memory Care community nestled on the edge of the scenic Croatan National Forest located in historic New Bern, North Carolina.

Just minutes from the picturesque waterfront, our community is a licensed 72-bed assisted living & memory care community designed and specially staffed to accommodate seniors who require daily supervision or personal assistance.

Services:

Medication Management Program

Housekeeping services are provided to ensure that our resident’s rooms are clean and neat.

Some families prefer to do laundry for their loved ones, but we offer laundry services to our residents.

Each residential suite and bathroom is equipped with an emergency call bell that alerts staff when the resident needs assistance, so help is always available.

Trained professionals visit our community to provide services, alleviating long and tiresome trips to the doctor’s office.

Barber/Beauty Salon for the hair care needs of all our residents, provided by a professional independent hair care specialist.

Our distinguished memory care program is specially designed to reflect our residents’ personal interests and encourage a sense of meaning, purpose and success. We have created a unique activity program designed for people, some of whom may have cognitive impairment that may include dementia or Alzheimer’s, who can benefit from an intimate environment and a highly trained staff. We provide 24-hour supervision, care and programming, complete with a dining area, activity area, walking paths and amenities.

Personalized care management and assistance with activities of daily living

• Medication management
  • Incontinence management
  • 24-hour personal care
  • Emergency response security systems

Our goal is to create a safe, caring, and stimulating environment for our residents and to offer their loved ones a little more peace of mind.

Map of Croatan Village