Elderwood at Williamsville

Reviews of Elderwood at Williamsville

Nursing Home Reviews for Elderwood at Williamsville

April 13, 2013

By Ginnysdaughter

My mother went here after a medium sized stroke for rehab. I would not recommend this place for that kind of care. She did not receive enough stroke-specific rehabilitation. After her hour or so of pt and ot, they had no idea what to do with her. They would just sit her in the hall to keep a minimal eye on her when we could not be there. Thank goodness I could be there most days for many hours. She was kept in a diaper mainly to facilitate a lack of staffing to assist her. Many times she or I would ring for bathroom assistance and it was a long time in coming or I would just help her myself...something they discouraged. Her personality took a steep downturn and it took days to figure out she had a raging uti, something I would have thought a place like that would be able to quickly identify. The pt and ot people were patient and skilled and kind. The help on the wings were so-so, ranging from compassionate to surly. Food was ok. Little was done to see that she actually ate which was hard for her to do. Again, I was glad I could be there to assist in that. The place seemed clean but don't look too closely. I got so I hated even walking into the building with a combination of dread to see what state my mom was in to the kind of care- or lack of it she had received so far that day ranging from a loss of a hearing aid (I found it in the trash) to a lack of underclothing being put on her, to her attempting to eat without her denture having been put in. She was there for about 2 months then had a massive stroke and was moved to hospice where she died a week later. I regret having put her in this facility for her last days.

May 18, 2012

By ChrisB1

I am very impressed with this facility. Whenever I visit my grandmother the facilities are very clean. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. I am aware that most professionals can only spend a limited amount of time with the residents, but it appears as if they have a good relationship with my grandmother. They have a variety of activities to keep the residents occupied. I have been inside other nursing home facilities, but none were as clean as Elderwood in Williamsville. My grandmother has the tendency to act out, but they always use care and compassion when they are dealing with her. My grandfather visits often, and they too treat him very well. We appreciate all that Elderwood does for my grandmother, and we are sure that no other facility would treat her as well as they do here. I cannot say a bad word about the facility.

Services and Amenities of Elderwood at Williamsville

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Elderwood at Williamsville

Elderwood at Williamsville provides comprehensive, personalized skilled nursing care, subacute care, rehab therapy, memory care and respite care. Elderwood’s Seasons Memory Care services address the physical, psychological and programmatic needs of residents with memory impairments. Short-term physical, occupational and speech therapy is offered in a bright, spacious rehab gym with state-of-the-art equipment.

Map of Elderwood at Williamsville