The Highlands at Brighton

Reviews of The Highlands at Brighton

Nursing Home Reviews for The Highlands at Brighton

February 29, 2016

By Julia24

I wasn’t impressed with The Highlands and honestly I wouldn’t go back there. The care was not adequate, I felt that they were not as respectful to mom as they could. The seemed not as well kept, it was much more institutional, and the food was horrendous. She became very scared and unsafe there with them.

August 30, 2012

By leilaf

Although it can be difficult for an elderly person to lose their independence, the Highlands at Pittsford does their best to accommodate residents in such a way that makes it feel like home. The facilities were fresh, clean, and cheerful, with many large windows; I saw several outdoor patios where residents could socialize or simply enjoy the sun. The Highlands at Pittsford offers several levels of care, ranging from nearly independent living, through assisted living all the way to advanced nursing care. My grandfather initially was a resident of assisted living and later transferred to a more advanced level of care; at both levels the staff was wonderful. I could tell they genuinely cared about the residents, their level of closeness felt more like family instead of an employee/client type of atmosphere. The best part was probably the number of social activities available to the residents; it seemed like there was always something going on that elderly people would actually like to participate in, like watching older movies they remembered fondly, or stretching exercises outside, or even an ice cream social. My grandfather actually made several close friends during his stay at the Highlands; it was nice to see how he was able to remain active and engaged in such a positive atmosphere.

June 01, 2012

By coopaloop42

In my experience this nursing home was very good. My grandmother really liked all of the nurses, and over time she became extremely acquainted with each and everyone in the building. There were a lot of activities that went on at least twice a week. I visited once and saw an amazing pianist playing in front of the living room. The food we ate there was... bearable, and I imagine in the resident's advanced age they probably couldn't taste the food anyway. My grandma had a couple accidents while residing there. She fell on the tile floor in the kitchen once and the staff was there within a matter of seconds to aid my ailing grandmother. My grandmother survived a couple falls while there before she passed. The rooms were fairly small, but that isn't too bad for a senior, as they don't have to walk as far to get to their chair. There was a kitchen in each room with an oven, microwave, and sink... also possibly a dishwasher. Overall my experience with The Highlands was a great one. The only possible improvement is bigger kitchens and maybe better food.

Services and Amenities of The Highlands at Brighton

About The Highlands at Brighton

The Highlands at Brighton is a senior living provider in Rochester, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Highlands at Brighton for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Highlands at Brighton