Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Reviews of Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

April 30, 2015

By M.LB

I have added a new prayer to my morning: Dear God, please don't let me end up in Grandell Rehab. When you walk down the hall and see the poor people stuck in their wheelchairs side-by-side with nothing to occupy them but the ravings of the resident next to them, it will break your heart. If there is loving care going on in this joint, it was not obvious. God preserve us.

February 02, 2015

By Mamamia52

My mother-in-law was there for years, with advanced Parkinson's. When the dementia and Parkinson's advanced, they weren't able to care for her, and she wound up in the hospital, more than Grandell. If your loved one is coherent, and/or short term, it's not bad. They don't give the same attention to long term patients, as they should. Their in house doctors, were not the best either. They need more compassionate staff.

January 25, 2015

My mother-in-law has been a resident of Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Home for over a year now. I have only been there a few times, and the staff seemed very friendly. Every time I visited her, I felt like we needed to get her out of that place. It smelled, and the dining room was a mess. I witnessed employees yelling at patients. It is not a good place. The staff was friendly when they see us, and some were really nice, but I had also witnessed some of the aides treating patients poorly. You could see a beach area from the nursing home.

December 07, 2011

By Grandont

My grandfather was in this facility for several years and I visited him there on dozens of occassions. It is in a good location near the beach. With few exceptions, a lot of the staff at Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Care did not seem to care much about their jobs and didn't have any passion toward caring for their clients. The staff was courteous to frequent visitors. They did have organized activities such as bingo for the residents, and had around 100 books in their library. I guess that there are worse places to spend the final years of your life.

Services and Amenities of Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a senior living provider in Long Beach, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Grandell Rehabilitation and Nursing Center