The Cottages at Garden Grove

Reviews of The Cottages at Garden Grove

Nursing Home Reviews for The Cottages at Garden Grove

September 22, 2016

By Treb

I had a family member at the Cottages for 9 mos. It was a great concept but poorly run. Staff members were nice but stretched too thin. On most night shifts there would be 2 or 3 CNA's for 13 residents. In almost all cases the residents in the house needed some kind of help so if 1 individual needed 2 people for assistance the other residents suffered. I witnessed numerous times where a person would have to wait long periods of time when they needed to go to the bathroom. The food was catered in and was usually disgusting. The physical therapy dept was a joke. Spending 10 min a day trying to get a resident to get out of a wheel chair and walk does not constitute a quality pt program. I would not recommend the Cottages until they increased their staffing.

August 27, 2016

By Karatema76

I was a short term rehab patient, recuperating after knee replacement. My room was beautiful but the nursing staff was overworked. 5 times my medication was incorrect. Twice, they tried to take my blood sugar levels for diabetes ( which I do not have). My ice packs often could not be found) and it's essential post knee surgery to have access to ice packs. The day staff was great but the nursing care was not good.

July 20, 2016

By Charles L242753

My dad is at The Cottages at Garden Grove. It's more than adequate and very nice. They have a lot of activities and foods that are really good. It's a community with cottages and each house has like 10 or 11 patients. They cook your meals right there a la carte in front of you. They have a nice screened-in porch and outside patio. The staff is great. I'd give them a 5.

November 26, 2015

The Cottages is more community living. It’s made up of 12 cottages, and each cottage has 12 residents with its own consistent caregivers. They all have their own bedrooms and bathrooms. It’s bright and sunny, and there is a backyard, screened-in porch, and recreation director. It’s just smaller and has much more individualized care, and very close to my brother’s home. The food is all prepared right there in the cottage. They have a big, open kitchen and a nice dining room. It’s all brand new, so it’s very nice. They have bingo, some music, different things that come in, and outings that they can go on.

Services and Amenities of The Cottages at Garden Grove

About The Cottages at Garden Grove

The Cottages at Garden Grove is a senior living provider in Cicero, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Cottages at Garden Grove for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Cottages at Garden Grove