Cedar Crest

Reviews of Cedar Crest

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedar Crest

January 12, 2015

By Barbara104303350

The staff at Cedar Crest was very friendly and very helpful. The rooms are very lovely. I have tried eating there, and the food was very good. The dining room is lovely as well. I wasn't able to observe any activities during the visit but there were many. I was impressed by the number of community buildings. It is quite a large community. I am impressed by the number of building devoted to activities and restaurants for this very large senior living facility.

November 28, 2014

By Jean94901450

Cedar Crest was like a city, and you can pick from the apartments; you buy that, and then pay a monthly maintenance. They have a choice of restaurants and everything there. They have a swimming pool and a theater with at least 250 seats, and they have gyms and shows. It was entirely different. The buildings were about five stories high, and it was about six big buildings with thousands of people. But it was quite expensive, and you can move up if you needed more assistance or to the nursing home, and then the price increases. It was very, very large with three different centers of activity. It was right off the highway. You get a kitchen, a living room, and a dining room; it's all different models, but you buy them. There was a lot of things for the activities. They have trips, and they'd take you to the city to go to shows locally or go to the movie theaters. They have buses to take you shopping, and they have restaurants that you can choose from. You get two meals a day, and you can choose which two of the three meals you want. They have doctors and nurses on the staff, and they have a beauty parlor, little general stores, and a post office. The staff was very informative and very professional. The only reason I wouldn't want to be there is because to me it was a bit too large and a little farther away from my family.

May 20, 2014

Cedar Crest was recommended to us because we knew other people who had been there. We didn't like it at all because it was way too big. It was very costly, and we had to pay extra for someone to come and help us. I thought the girl who interviewed us couldn't be bothered. We were very disappointed with the way she handled us and my uncle. She was very condescending to him. She just dismissed his questions and talked to us like he wasn't there. We were not very impressed with her.

November 06, 2012

By Dylan07512

I was quiet impressed upon our family visit to the Cedar Crest Village in Pompton Plains, NJ. The apartments are extremely large with full view from the apartment windows with great sun light. The facility is extremely large and requires careful review of signs to navigate the area. According to the resident , when she fell, she was able to call for immediate help, and her medical team is on site. She enjoys the recreation rooms, the great meals and the beauty spa that is open to all residents. The facility seems like a self-containing village and was extremely clean. The meal was delightful although very expensive in my opinion.

July 05, 2012

By Cnfla

My family member was a patient there. Overall, the facility is clean and well kept and the patients were generally well cared for. The rooms are spacious and private. The quality of food was good, however special dietary needs for those with diabetes or low salt diet orders were never kept up (at least not when I was there). The staff were all extremely nice and cared very much for the patients, however we did have one incident with theft from a staff member that was never resolved. The vast majority of patients in this facility have some form of dementia. So while there are plenty of social activities, there are few patients with it enough for real socialization. For people that are loners this is a pleasant facility, however for someone more social their needs would not be met.

July 05, 2012

By mmccan04

This partciular assisted living provider, though I am unfamiliar with many others, is all my family and my grandmother could ever ask for. There are so many friendly staff members as well as welcoming residents that have made my grandmother's transition seamless. I was especially impressed with the dining set-up and the movie theater. I have yet to find something with the facility that I do not like and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a safe and lively home for their loved one to move into. My grandmother has more friends than she has ever had, and is involved with more enriching activities than I could have even thought of. Cedar Crest in Pompton Plains is an outstanding living facility for elderly people.

June 29, 2012

By des512

I rated these facilities 4 out of 5 stars. I was pleasantly surprised with the Renaissance Gardens facility, as this was the first assisted living home I had ever visited. I was imagining a dreary, worn down place, but in fact it was vibrant and cheerful. The area was wonderful, with a good clean feeling about the place. The staff were pleasant and talked to my grandmother using her first name, which I (and she!) thought was friendly and inviting. I personally did not eat anything while I was there, but my grandma assures me that the food is quite tasty! What I thought was best about Renaissance Gardens was that my grandma seemed to enjoy it greatly. She introduced me to some friends she made, they meet and chat, as well as play bridge. Bridge is one of my grandma's favorite games and I am pleased to see that she can enjoy herself to the fullest at Renaissance Gardens. I would recommend these facilities to anyone looking for an assisted living facility.

June 23, 2012

By Laura F1

Instead of my getting an apartment and then in a few years needing to move again I decided to move to a 3 tier independent living to nursing home facility. This way I can still have all of the space I need now that I am fully functional and as I age I can move into the assisted living and nursing home end of the facility. I am very happy with this facility. I am so happy that I moved here.

April 13, 2012

By creakyhinges

The Cedar Crest Assisted Living facility is connected to a senior living complex of independently living residents. It is extremely convenient for those couples that are living independently and then have one person need more support. It is a nice looking facility too. It did not have lingering unpleasant smells.

Independent Living Reviews for Cedar Crest

January 01, 2016

By RPT

In general, my visit in Cedar Crest was fine. Some of the people working there were helpful. The living quarters looked fine but walking down through those long halls was not a good thing for my wife. I needed a place that was a little bit smaller. The food was good but I did not like the fact that I had to eat in their restaurant at least once a day. They seemed to have a lot of amenities and a lot of things to do as far as I could tell. Everything was good in the community. I just didn't want the hotel-like feeling from those infinitely long hall ways.

May 28, 2015

By Burrsearcher

Cedar Crest is the one that I like better than the others. I was very impressed by the friendliness of the residents. They were very outgoing. We talked to a couple of staff members who seemed to be very enthusiastic about the place. They seemed to be very happy with it and enjoying their work, which is good. However, the room that we can afford is just barely suitable.

November 29, 2014

By caring04371

I have moved into Cedar Crest, and I am still getting used to it. There are lots of activities, and I have already been playing pool and Wii bowling. It is clean, very modern, and kept well. They've got painters all over, and the carpenter is working on everything. The food is fine, no problem.

June 26, 2014

By Selma1

Cedar Crest was a nice looking place. It was a little too large, and they have a big dining room. I saw some activity. They have apartments, and then they're attached to other facilities, independent living, and assisted living. And I know that they have a lot of places in other states.

November 12, 2013

By worried kid

My folks moved in to the one in North Jersey, Pompton Plains. My wife and I scouted the place and were pleasantly surprised by what we encountered. Sales staff "seemed" on top of everything and I felt that my folks would do OK. What a difference a month makes. They have since moved in and man did i get that wrong. The place does seem nice and clean but the staff has no idea whats going on around them on any particular day, get to that later. I was told that there were yoga classes for my mother turned out it was a video with women sitting on chairs lifting their legs. Thats not even yoga. the costly monthly rent does however come with one meal a day in any of their "restaurants". Day after the move, my folks exhausted, we decided to venture out for lunch. The "social worker" who was there to help us get around, recommended lunch in the Oak Room. After a 10 minute walk the Oak Room was closed, turns out it is closed every Wednesday and Friday for lunch. Do you think the "Social Worker" should have known this. So off we go another 10 minutes to the next restaurant where I am greeted by a woman who looks at me and sighs and exhales with her eyes rolling back in her head. I ask if there is a problem and she responds "Do not start with me". Wow, really, does she talk like that to my 76 year old mom? What about all the other residents? The food seems OK but always cold, dessert the other night consisted of the doughnuts that were not eaten for breakfast. The solution: eat off the premises or cook your own food. I have tried on several occasions to reach the sales office, any management that I can find and no one answers the phone etc. My folks bodies are at the point of needing to be there, their minds however are still very young and they are getting depressed. Once and a while they would like to eat after 6:00 in the evening. I hope this does get better for them for they paid an awful lot of money to be there. I will update after another month. Would not recommend as of yet.

August 27, 2013

By K&J

I visited this facility at a luncheon and was impressed with how beautiful it was. Amenities were many and social clubs were for everyone. Apartments were beautiful with many different floor plans I was looking at a two bedroom two bath. A major drawback was their new 90% refund policy I herd at the luncheon. Accounting for the price of the apartment I was interested in, in essence they want 30 thousand dollars just for the privilege of living their ( 10% of the cost).This became a deal breaker.

April 24, 2013

We visited Cedar Crest because we looked for a place for my mother-in-law. The place seemed lovely. The apartment we saw was beautiful and clean. Everything was new. There were a lot of activities and amenities she could enjoy. The activities included movies and trips outside the facility. There was a salon and a swimming pool as well. There was also a doctor on site. This facility will be considered if she decided to move in.

March 20, 2013

By Caring 0424

I wanted my mother to go Cedar Crest but she's not ready yet. It is a top-notch facility. It's clean and beautiful. If my mom chooses to go there, she will have her own room.

August 16, 2012

I'm still in the process of trying to figure out which facility I would choose. I did visit one in Cedar Crest. It's much cheaper than the other facility, yet it's quality and very nice community. I live alone and have no family. I find Cedar Crest beautiful. When I visited the place, most of the residents are having a good time swimming and doing different kinds of activities. I just felt happy knowing that the people are enjoying their stay, and if I'll decide to be in Cedar Crest I know I'll be happy, too. They have a wonderful dining area and I was able to try their food. It was great! The garden is big enough to enjoy outside fun activities. I was so glad and the staff toured me to the place. They are very welcoming and warm.

January 20, 2012

By DesperadoGirrl

Cedar Crest is one of the most AMAZING places I have ever seen for senior citizens. My grandparents were residents here until their passing.Cedar Crest provides ALL levels of care, including Individual Living in private apartments, nursing home care, and later on, hospice care, if and when needed.The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! I felt as though I was walking into a resort. The apartments are spacious, and my grandparents had their own private kitchen in case Grandma felt like cooking...she rarely did though, because she said the menu options in the dining room made it easy to not have to cook.Grandpa got involved in a new hobby...water color painting...and Grandma got to be her usual social butterfly self. Residents are allowed to come and go as they please, as long as their health and mental awareness allowed for it. So my Grandparents were able to maintain their circle of friends. They still attended their same church, and once Gramps couldnt drive any longer, they provided bus service to and from their home church.The staff was WONDERFUL! Very friendly and helpful, and always...ALWAYS there when you needed them. At the time of my Grandparent's deaths, the staff was so compassionate, it was if they had lost a member of their own family. As it turns out, they really had. All the residents at Cedar Crest were considered to be one big family!We were so impressed with Cedar Crest that my one cousin and her husband both got jobs there, and I'm pretty sure that some of my other family members have their sights set on Cedar Crest for when they retire...I know I DO!I have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about Cedar Crest, and when comparing other homes and facilities, I use Cedar Crest as an example of the ultimate place, to see how others compare. You could not go wrong having your loved ones at Cedar Crest!

July 29, 2011

This is a mutil phasic assisted living facility which although pricy you certainltly get what you pay for. This is a lovely facility which provides services to suit the needs of all the residents across the board from psycological to medical to spiritual venues. I think it is definately a 5 star facility in northern NJ

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Cedar Crest

Photos of Cedar Crest

About Cedar Crest

Cedar Crest is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 130 picturesque acres in Pompton Plains, New Jersey, Cedar Crest is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Cedar Crest offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our three spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a resident-run television studio. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Cedar Crest also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Cedar Crest