Job Haines Home

Reviews of Job Haines Home

Assisted Living Reviews for Job Haines Home

June 17, 2014

By Chris Urbanowski

My Mother is an assisted living resident and has been for almost 3 years. The staff oversees and administers her medications including insulin shots. Since she's been a resident her mental and physical health have been markedly improved. The staff is very caring and considerate (each and every one of them) My Mom feels like she is part of a larger family/ community.

April 25, 2014

By Al M.1

My aunt has been a resident for 3 years. The care she has received at Job Haines has been excellent. The staff is very caring and shows my aunt much compassion and understanding in helping her in her every day living.

July 23, 2012

By airey17

Going into the facility I was sure I was going to see the typical things many expect when going into an assisted living facility. I must say I was quite suprised. Upon walking in the lobby seems very spacious and I didn't notice the smell one senses when walking into a senior building. Next we got to tour the facility and I loved how the building is constructed to give their residents tons of activities to do and places to go. They had libraries on every floor with enough books that you'll never finish all of them. What suprised me more was they even had their own built in hair salon for the women to get their hair done. It was funny because one of the residents I was speaking with cut our conversation short because she had a hair appointment. I noticed that the residents there seem very happy and well taken care of. I got a chance to look at some of the rooms, and they look alot better than my dorm room I must say. Residents have their own bathroom and a spacious room that they can decorate how they like. The best part of my experience though was watching the interaction between the staff and residents. The staff works very hard to make the residents happy and didn't seem unpleasant or as if they were just there to get a paycheck. They seem as if they actually care. No matter how busy they could be they always found time to just sit down with the residents and have a conversation with them. For that it made the facility not just seem like a retirement building but a home, a community, a place that I myself wouldn't mind living in when I get older.

May 13, 2011

By purpledolphin

Visited this facility

Although the Job Haines home is in a really urban area, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has beautiful architecture and kind of a country feel, with plenty of available parking. They also have some nice, landscaped outdoor areas for the residents to enjoy. Inside, everything was clean and friendly, with a seating where you first come in, and a nice dining room with a big grandfather clock. The residents all looked clean and well cared for, and were very outgoing and friendly to me. I got there when religious services were supposed to be going on in a bright sunny activity room, but the minister was late. One sweet, innovative staff member rose to the occasion by starting a game of bible trivia with the residents who were sitting there waiting for services. She definitely saved the day by keeping everyone happy and interested.

Nursing Home Reviews for Job Haines Home

Costs for Job Haines Home

Photos of Job Haines Home

Services and Amenities of Job Haines Home

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer 4 Levels Of Care And Have Separate Fees If Someone Only Needs Medication Administration

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Have A Cafe, Activity Room, 24 Hour Security, Emergency Response System

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Activities Extra: Interaction With Staff And Intergenerational Activities, Holiday Parties, Wine And Cheese Socials, Manicures, Women's And Men's Club, Movies

• Home Sale Assistance

Affiliations

• Affiliations Extra: We Welcome All Religions

• Staff Patient Ratio: Al 6:1, Nu 5:1
  • Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 65
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• Licenses: For both AL & NU New Jersey Department of Health

About Job Haines Home

In 1903, Job Haines Home opened one of the nation's first facilities designed specifically for senior living. Job Haines Home began as an act of compassion, philanthropy and imaginative vision. For over a century, Job Haines Home has been a trusted, mission-driven, non-profit provider of compassionate care for seniors.

Throughout its history, Job Haines Home has emphasized three core values as the heart of its mission:

Dignity, Independence and Individuality for its residents. Each resident is valued as an individual who is welcomed into our family. The concept of Family has been the cornerstone of Job Haines Home from the very beginning.

Our campus includes assisted living, long-term care and sub-acute rehabilitation. Each unit offers supportive healthcare in an intimate environment with a dedicated staff.

As you learn more about Job Haines Home, you will see that whatever level of care is the right one, you will be joining a caring senior community.

We invite you or your love one to make our gracious home yours. Please come for a tour and have lunch!

What makes Job Haines special is our caring and dedicated staff; several have been with the Home for many years. The longevity/retention of staff speaks to the positive culture at Job Haines Home and provides peace of mind for residents and families who can expect continuity of care by experienced staff. There is also an optimal staff-to-resident ratio.

We are a non-for-profit community with a commitment to reinvest in the community to directly benefit our residents.

Our charming Home is beautifully maintained as well. When you choose Job Haines, you have confidence in three levels of senior living that offer the highest standard of care. It is no wonder we have such an outstanding reputation among the communities we serve and among the healthcare profession as well. We invite you and your family to visit our beautiful facility and see firsthand how Job Haines Home meets the needs of its residents.

Strengths

JHH’s greatest strength is its excellent reputation. For over a century, JHH has been a trusted, mission-driven provider of compassionate care for seniors.

JHH is a one-of-a-kind, not-for-profit community with deep local roots and a commitment to reinvest in the community to directly benefit residents - unlike corporate ‘chains’ who often make decisions at a distance and have to report to shareholders. Because JHH is non-profit, it can also be more accommodating to families than a for-profit typically is.

The longevity/retention of staff speaks to the positive culture at JHH and provides peace of mind for residents and families who can expect continuity of care by experienced staff. There is also an optimal staff-to-resident ratio.

A clean, friendly environment is evident with a pleasant staff who greet each resident by name and with a smile.

With just 30 beds in Skilled Nursing, and ten in Sub-acute, the setting is intimate and care is very personalized.

• Easy access - located right off Garden State Parkway.
  • Possibly more affordable - TBD
  • Base + an individual only pays for services needed
  • More affordable at base studio level, but competitive once tiers of service are added

JHH is Medicare/Medicaid certified for SNF as well as accepts private pay insurance. Medicare also for Rehab.

Map of Job Haines Home