Spring River Christian Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Spring River Christian Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Spring River Christian Village

May 02, 2012

By 4sunshine

Spring River Christian Village adult living center offers a great variety of choices for adult assisted living. The complex is beautiful, well maintained, and staffed with amazing people who are dedicated to helping. They offer for assisted living a villa or apartments with personalized care, recreation and worship center, housekeeping, daily meals provide in a lovely dining room. Tenants also have availability to scheduled transportation, with the facility also being conveniently close to the local movie theater and mall. The grounds of the facility along with residences are well maintained and very attractive looking with arrangements of modern commodities and landscaping. The facility offers various types of care and living arrangements depending on the needs and caters to those needs of the individual in order to provide a great quality of living. The staff they employ has always been very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable The Spring River Christian Village adult living facility is by far the highest quality of care and living available in the area with to help adults maintain independence with peace of mind to family insuring proper care.

February 16, 2012

By MedTech

I visited this facility on several occasions as a durable medical equipment service technician. I was impressed by the overall quality of the facility. Most of the staff seemed friendly and willing to help. The rooms seemed well-appointed, and there was always someone nearby to ask for help. Also, the food always looked fresh and of good quality. As far as long-term care facilities are concerned, it's one of the best available in the Joplin area. However, I have heard horror stories, and I have seen the neglect first-hand. One day, I was servicing some equipment, and I heard a patient yelling for help for almost half an hour. She needed to use the restroom, so I told one of the staff members. The staff member ignored both the patient and me. I also heard stories and saw bruises from patients being dropped on their heads at this facility. One thing I know for certain: I will never allow a family member to be admitted into this or any other long-term care facility.

October 14, 2011

By ess173

I visited the Spring River Christian Village on numerous occasions over this past summer to do volunteer work. The facility in general seemed clean in some places, and not so much in others. As well I witnessed several of the residents in the short-term or end of life unit, eemed to be all but abandoned some days. I have been to many many other facilities where this is not the kind of treatment they recieve. They are not overlooked and parked in a corner half of the day. They did seem to be well fed, but not as well fed as the one in other units who have the aility to get up and do things for themselves. Spring River is a great place to volunteer but I would never put my family members here. They are in need of much improvement in too many areas.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

About Spring River Christian Village

Spring River Christian Village is a senior living provider in Joplin, Missouri that offers residents Nursing Homes and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Spring River Christian Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Spring River Christian Village