New Perspective | Highland Park

New Perspective | Highland Park (800) 385-2527

Reviews of New Perspective | Highland Park

Assisted Living Reviews for New Perspective | Highland Park

February 12, 2015

Keystone Highlands at first glance is a lovely facility. It has a very nice setting along the river and attractive decorations. It has been remodeled recently, it is fresh, modern, and comfortable, and there is nothing wrong with that; it is very lovely. The staff -- I believe -- has my dad's best interest in them, and I give them an A for effort for the most part. I believe it is the direction and the management that has a problem with communicating the needs of the residents and the residents' family to the staff. And in the two months that we have been there, I don't feel they are doing anything extraordinary -- just really basic things. My father is diabetic, and he has succumbed to UTI's. We went in there with the doctor's order, and all he gets all day is just about 1 or 2 oz. of water. He ended up in the emergency room with a severe UTI, and for the last four weeks he was in critical condition. We brought him back there, and they still don't bring him water. He is running a fever again, he has got a respiratory cough going on, and they don't check on him at midnight to check his cough even though I have talked to three different nurses. It's been very hard to get a care conference. It is kind of like I have to chase them when I see one of the directors running down the hall. I have to run alongside them when they get in the elevator and ask them if I can speak with them, and then I kind of like have to chase them into their office, but then they are answering phone calls and there is the feeling they don't have the time. On three different occasions, they kind of snapped at me, saying, "I have a million other things I got to be doing, and I can't talk to you right now." Then I have tried calling the director asking for an appointment. We've had three or four of those, addressing the same topic every time, and the same answer I get is "OK we'll have to talk to somebody and we will get back to you." They never get back to me until I call another time and try to chase them down again. We've actually contacted the county office of the Ombudsman, and they said they are very familiar with the facility as they get many calls of the same nature that we are calling about, so it seemed that we are not a rare case. They won't address our issues at all, and all we are asking is if he can have water during the day, which is pretty ridiculous. I wouldn't even give them any star rating, and I wouldn't put my loved one here. I spend three times a day to make sure that he is being taken care of. They walked past him when he was almost unconscious halfway off of his bed. A resident just walked in, took his trash, and didn't take notice that he was vomiting, had diarrhea, or that he was half falling off the bed. It is definitely neglect on their part.

September 04, 2014

By Leslie32

The Keystone Communities are not really independent-living. They really are what I would consider the next level from that and they're excellent. They were the only other facility that I felt comfortable with having my mom in. The culture of care was present in every single staff person and they keep their health people for a long time. The food was excellent. The memory care patients that are in their memory care wing have these bracelets on them so if they get too close to the door, the alarm goes off. When we were doing a tour, that happened and the guy that we were doing the tour with, stopped immediately, excused himself and took care of the situation. I felt that was wonderful.

May 30, 2013

By Joy5

The staff and the residents felt like one big family. They are so wonderful and caring. They had simple everyday activities and had people come in for music. Their food was the big complaint, it was served cold.

May 28, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

The Rosewood Estate of Highland Park is really convenient to get to from anywhere in the city of St. Paul and close enough to Minneapolis to make it easy from there, too. This is one of the reasons we decided to consider it as a place for our aunt to live. We were first struck by the lovely foliage in the front of the facility. The adjacent gazebo was really pretty. All of the landscaped courtyard gardens were some of the nicest we"˜ve seen. The private rooms had really beautifully crafted Colonial furniture which reminded us of an Ethan Allen collection. Each room is also equipped with an emergency call system which we really liked. Many of the gathering rooms featured fireplaces. The facility was very spacious overall with friendly staff in a home-like atmosphere. Our aunt liked the choice of exercise classes since she has always attended them regularly. They can tailor the food for any dietary need. The diabetic meal (their specialty) we tried was very well prepared and didn't taste like it was lacking anything. The snacks were all healthy and looked good, too with fresh fruit, cheese and crackers. The recreational facilities were all above-average featuring lectures and discussions and many planned outside and inside events. Our aunt particularly enjoyed the lounge and the enclosed outdoor patio.

Photos of New Perspective | Highland Park

• Credit Card
  • Check

• State Licenses: 386980, 388996

About New Perspective | Highland Park

New Perspective Senior Living - Highland is the best choice for seniors who value independence yet need help with daily activities. Staff focuses on a tailored plan of assistance. Included in our rental rates:

• 3 chef inspired meals a day
  • Daily life enrichment program
  • Group Outings
  • Utilities, phone, cable, WIFI
  • Weekly Housekeeping
  • Weekly Laundry
  • Emergency Pendent

In addition to this base rental we offer five levels of care and a medication management program.

Map of New Perspective | Highland Park