The Waters of Oakdale

Reviews of The Waters of Oakdale

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waters of Oakdale

March 06, 2019

By Al Forrister

Having my mother at this facility since May of 2016 I can honestly say it was very much the right choice for both her and our family. We had looked at 5 assisted living facilities in the NE suburbs and decided on this one. No one has regretted the decision. The staff is exceedingly friendly and helpful, from the concierge to the housekeepers. I feel my mother is treated as someone of value, not just a resident. The staff go out of their way with the residents, from the director on down, and I see this on a daily basis. It is a cheerful, happy, respectful (most important) amenity, with a personnel who are VERY welcoming and delightful. there are daily activities and bus excursions from shopping to lunch to movies and field trips. The dining room is staffed by more of the same friendly outgoing people and the food is divine. My mothers room has a view of a large wooded/marshy area that is home to much wildlife including deer, fox, coyotes and waterfowl, which she greatly enjoys watching. There are many amenities from in service beauty shop, arts/crafts room, exercise area, library, cafe, and life center. From talking to friends whose parent(s) are in other assisted living establishments in the area, I feel my mom is in the best care possible and it shows we made the RIGHT choice daily. If I could give it 6 stars I would. You could do NO BETTER than the waters of Oakdale in my opinion.

September 30, 2016

By Pam780521

Our dad is now living at The Waters of Oakdale, and they have independent, assisted, and memory care there. It's brand new, and the staff is wonderful. The residents are really great too, and it's very comfortable for us because it was close to where I live. The dining area is a little pricey, but it's nice. They have white tablecloths and cloth napkins, and they have a special or you could order off a menu during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Three times a week, they have exercise class -- kind of a cardio workout -- movie afternoons and movie nights, socials, hours, musicians, and their own little minibus that transports people to Target or out to lunch and that kind of thing. We like it, and it's a great place, but the meal plan could be improved. Otherwise, it was what we were looking for. My dad is in the assisted living part right now, but obviously eventually he will need the full memory care. You have to find a place that could follow his disease. Their apartments had large windows and lots of light.

December 26, 2015

By Patricia121245750

I went to the open house of The Waters of Oakdale. The staff was nice and well informed. The place was very pretty too. They had it opened up, so people could come and see the different rooms and apartments. During that time, they served coffee and cookies. I was not able to eat there, but the food seemed fine. They also had activities that kept the residents very busy. They had an exercise area and a chapel too.

Independent Living Reviews for The Waters of Oakdale

Costs for The Waters of Oakdale

Photos of The Waters of Oakdale

Services and Amenities of The Waters of Oakdale

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500; Garage Fee & Storage Unit Fee; Pet Fee

• Housing Extra: One Bedroom Plus Den Apartments

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About The Waters of Oakdale

The Waters of Oakdale is a warm and welcoming community where residents thrive in their daily lives.

Find all the comforts of home in one of our beautiful apartment layouts that meet your needs and desires. All apartments have large windows offering an abundance of natural light.

Stay busy with a variety of activities and events each day or schedule a massage or hair appointment in our Salon/Spa. There is something for everyone. Exercise programs, onsite fitness center, religious services, card clubs, crochet club, travel club, library, musical entertainment, drumming, community excursion, and so much more.

The Waters of Oakdale offers a large menu of delicious and nutritious meal options in our on-site restaurant. Our amazing health and wellbeing team provides prompt and exceptional care for all of our residents in need of health care services.

We offer a secure memory care unit and specialty care services for individuals with cognitive decline or higher physical care needs. Experience the Waters Way - exceptional hospitality, personalized care and purposeful programming.

Join the Waters family where we commit to the phrase - we see you, we hear you, we know you. Relax and enjoy maintenance free, amenity filled living with the peace of mind that you don't have to move apartments if the time comes to add health care services.

Map of The Waters of Oakdale