Bellbrook

Reviews of Bellbrook

Independent Living Reviews for Bellbrook

February 01, 2014

By Clarys

It's a condo that we bought but we haven't moved in yet because we have to paint and get new carpeting. It's a senior citizen community. You can go to the main building. We didn't want a small apartment because we could still take care of ourselves but we wanted a place that we would feel at home with other people our age. In this place you have to be 62 to buy a condo. They have the big building that you can have assisted living and then you go on to nursing home in the tall building right there. There are 35 condos on the premises and there are 12 with basements and you have to put your name in and wait for one to become vacant so we did and we signed the papers last week or so. They have many condos there without basements but both are easier to get into. I've talked to some of the people there and they've been there since it began 25 years ago and they just go in and they don't go out until they die or something. The ones without a basement are much more readily available. There's a restaurant there that's open to the public but it closes at six o'clock and anybody can go there. We've gone there a couple of times and it's very nice. The waiters and waitresses are quite very friendly and very helpful. A lot of the people there are in wheelchairs or walkers and they help them out quite a bit. The food is very good. It depends on what you like but they have hamburgers and mori salad and the prices are very reasonable. You're very limited in where you can park, it's mostly for guests. Your pets are very limited. You can only have certain-sized dogs or cats. They have exercise classes, yoga and computer classes. The staff is very nice, very helpful. Nothing really compares to Bellbrook for me.

January 31, 2014

By Carol77432750

My mom is in Sanctuary at Bellbrook. It is a very good facility. The staff is wonderful. My mom's room is really nice and painted well. The carpet is clean. If there is a stain in the carpet all you need is to tell the cleaning person and they will spot clean it and if it doesn't come out, then they will come in and steam the carpet. We are very happy and I will highly recommend them to anybody.

November 03, 2011

By medicalsocialworkerAC

Sanctuary at Bellbrooke in Rochester Hills, MI is wonderful. I would recommend it to adults looking for private apartments, assisted living or skilled nursing. I would also highly recommend this facility for family members looking for a top notch facility for a loved one. When I was there in 2010, I noticed that the nurses were very attentive and involved in the care of their patients. The Director of Social Services was always available to meet with the residents and address any concerns. All staff I encountered, from Director of nursing to maintenance staff, were all experienced, always willing to lend a hand and had compassion. Out of five stars, I would rank the grounds a five, the common areas a five, the residents' rooms a four, the staff a five and the quality of care a five. The last time I was there, the facility was about to undergo major renovations to give the skilled nursing facility a "hotel feel". I saw the plans and it looked like it the renovations would be superb. Overall, I'd give Sanctuary at Bellbrooke a rating of 5 stars because the whole facility goes above and beyond to make the residents feel that the facility is "home".

September 29, 2011

By sshuttari

My friends grandfather has his own living area/apartment. It was spacious and the balcony saw out to the back of area where there was trees and garden. He had has his own kitchen and bathroom and was allowed to leave the facility with family or friend. Enjoyed the company of many friends at the facility and treated very good from my experience. I would recommend it highly to anyone that is looking in the area of Rochester Hills Michigan.

Questions about Bellbrook

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Downtown Rochester is just miles away! The OPC is around the corner for our residents to enjoy, if we aren't hosting it you can find it there. Meadowbrook Hall, The Village shopping center, Emagine Theater, Royal Park Hotel and more!

What transportation services does Bellbrook offer to independent living residents?

Scheduled outings for needs and entertainment!

What makes the chef or dining program at Bellbrook exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have a licensed restaurant and a deli on the first floor of our community looking out on to our beautiful garden area! The menu changes on a seasonal basis with options ranging from sandwiches to salmon and an every day salad bar! Our deli serves a hot entrée daily with a soup of the day and offers lighter fare options if you are not up to sitting down for a three course meal in the restaurant.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Branch of the Rochester Hills Public Library, Salon, Living Room, Game Room, Wellness Center, Chapel, The Great Room which is used for large entertaining purposes, exercise classes, educational evens, religious services and more.

What safety features or security measures does Bellbrook offer to independent living residents?

All of our residents get an emergency pendent with 24 hour response in the building. Our concierge is at the main entrance from 9-5 and outside of those hours the door is locked and you have to have a key to get in, the North entrance is locked all of the time with key entry only. We have maintenance on site 24/7 to assist with maintenance and safety concerns.

Does Bellbrook work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Homestead is on site 24/7 to provide ala carte services to our residents in the apartment setting. They offer services ranging from assistance putting socks on to medication management and escorts to meals.

Costs for Bellbrook

Photos of Bellbrook

Services and Amenities of Bellbrook

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Bellbrook

Bellbrook is the only faith-based, nonprofit senior living option in the Rochester Hills (MI) area. Affiliated with St. Joseph Mercy and part of Trinity Health Senior Communities, Bellbrook offers Independent Living opportunities, while still providing the advantages of advanced healthcare services when you might need them later in life.

Rochester Hills is ranked as one of the best places to live in Metro Detroit. With its fully developed and natural park settings, Rochester Hills offers miles of recreational activities nestled amongst its historic and vibrant downtown atmosphere. Rochester Hills’ focus on the quality of life makes living at Bellbrook a place to call home.

Community features include:

• The elegant Oakglen Restaurant overlooking our rolling wooded campus, where full course meals are available throughout the day
  • Complimentary computer classes
  • Satellite branch of the Rochester Hills Public Library
  • On-site physician services, along with on-site dentist, podiatrist, and dietician
  • Resident Council Association
  • Welcoming committee and liaison to make your transition home smooth and inviting

Our residents define each and every one of our communities. We're the preferred choice for seniors who don’t want to act their age!

Map of Bellbrook