Independence Village of Petoskey

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Petoskey

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Petoskey

March 19, 2018

By Terry

My husband is in Independence Village, and the whole thing is excellent. He has a very large studio apartment. The staff is wonderful. The food is really good, and they have four or five different options at lunch and dinner, plus they always have hamburgers, hot dogs, and grilled cheese. He taught a class there for a while, and they have speakers.

August 20, 2012

By Megan22

Hi, I would like to share my experience at Petoskey Independence Village with you. I visited this place because my grandmother now resides there since she has not been able to take care of herself independently for some time. This retirement home is unlike any other place that I have seen, it is nicer than most people's homes. First of all, the staff is great and works with the guests to make sure that all of their needs are taken care of and that they are happy. All of the staff that I have interacted with have been very knowledgeable and really seem to enjoy their job. The rooms/homes that the resident would stay in are beautiful and immaculate. They are designed with much detail and are sure to make anyone feel like they are at home. My grandmother was able to decorate her room the way that she wanted to in order to feel comfortable. Also, there is a unique thing about Petoskey Independence Village. It is that they serve GREAT meals. I was able to dine with my grandmother on the day that I visited her and I felt like I was in a 5 star restaurant. All of the options sounded good to me and they are all sure to please. The last thing that I would like to mention is all of the fun activities and such that they offer at the retirement village. My grandmother and other residents can take part in cooking classes, tai chi, wii bowling leagues, bible and other religious studies, talent shows, live music shows, and various other activities. This is the main reason that my grandmother and my family chose this as her place to stay. We knew that not only would she feel comfortable, but she would stay busy and have plenty of time to interact with all of the other residents at the community.

October 25, 2011

By shufflezombeh

I visited Independence Village as part of a high school enrichment choir group outing a few years back. We were bussed over to sing carols to their residents for Christmas and to spend some quality time visiting with them and eating lunch together after our performance. Some of them had no family in the immediate area and/or wouldn't be leaving the facility for Christmas, so our visit really brightened their moods. While we were there, I was absolutely amazed at the quality of care their residents were receiving, how wonderfully nice the staff were, how great the food from their cafeteria was, and the variety of activities and special events that they offer their residents. Our choir visiting was just a drop in the ocean compared to all of the workshops, performances, group outings, and more that they had to offer. The residents all seemed very happy and healthy. The ladies we shared our lunch table with were overflowing with praise for their favorite assistants, their favorite meals, and all of the fun things they had been able to do while living there.It's been a few years since we were there for our performance, but I keep tabs on their programs through the local newspaper and through my church as well. They've added so many more activities to their roster, including buying a Wii for the residents to use. It's been helping them with exercise, motor skills, memory, and helps the residents to bond and enjoy their time together. They also have a wide range of levels of care there, from almost completely independent, to round the clock assistance. Healthier residents still enjoy all the perks of a normal life: bus trips to the grocery store, going out to eat, and regular social events, while more needy patients have all their bases covered by their caring staff. Groceries can even be ordered in from a local grocery store and delivered straight to their door.And again, the best part for our trip (besides getting to visit with these amazing elders) was the food! They have on-site dietitians who plan tasty, healthy meals, and it was unlike any cafeteria food I had ever had before.

Costs for Independence Village of Petoskey

Photos of Independence Village of Petoskey

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Petoskey

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• About Independence Village of Petoskey

Nestled among rolling hills with a breathtaking view of Little Traverse Bay, Independence Village of Petoskey is what retirement dreams are made of. Enjoy the privacy and comfort of your spacious, well-appointed apartment or spend your day visiting with friends in the Village Cafe. From engaging activities and monthly events to cultural outings and delicious daily chef-prepared meals, you’ll soon be delighted with our vast array of services and amenities.

At Independence Village of Petoskey, the names on our residents’ front doors are the same names you see on the storefronts in the city. The doctor who delivered your children, high school teachers, college professors, local business owners, these are all of the people you’ll find living here. When you visit, you’re sure to be reunited with a best friend, high school sweetheart or neighbor.

Map of Independence Village of Petoskey