Sojourner Place

Reviews of Sojourner Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Sojourner Place

June 30, 2014

By ksp50

When I first checked into Sojourner, the employees were very nice and the facility was clean. So I thought it would be a nice place for my parents to live. As time went by, I discover how unorganized Sojourner,. They have an extremely high turn over with their employees and even management positions. Some of their employees who should be certified are not. For the longest time they did not have an RN on staff. They advertise that there will be a RN at the house 24/7. I have noticed there are less and less employees there, so I know the residents are not getting the best care possible. Af times wben I would walk into the house, I would not find an employee around or at the desk. One of my concerns are my parents are not getting their meds on time and I even wonder if they are getting the right dosage. There is no one there to hear my conerns and to try to contact the corporate office that is impossible. There has been a lot of changes, I do not see any improvements. Management does not keep the residents and/or families informed as to what is happening and how they are solving issues. 99% of the residents will tell you how horrible the good is. I am sorry that I have chosen Sojourner for my parents. I am always worrying about their care. I am looking into different options, but moving my mother would be hard on her since she has dementia. We pay a lot of money, for less and lees care and bad food. I feel I made a horrible mistake in choosing Sojourner for my parents care. Please do your homework, before making a decision, even then there are no guarantees.

October 26, 2012

By huntinskip

The staff was friendly and took good care of my father. We were blessed to have found a place that Dad could go and enjoy the privacy of his own apartment but know that help was there if he needed it. It was tough on the family knowing we couldn't care for Dad, but from the day he moved in it was clear we made the right choice. Sojourner made us feel comfortable and Dad started to join in activities and socialize again which had not happened since Mom died. We thank the staff for all they do and bringing Dad's smile back.

Thank you, huntinskip, for your feedback on our assisted living community, Sojourner House! It is so wonderful to read that your father is receiving quality care and compassion. Please know that it is not that your family could not care for your dad, but you just needed to care for him in a different way by getting the extra support and attention he needs in a home-like setting. Your compliment will be passed on to the staff and management team at Sojourner House. Sojourner House and Assisted Living Concepts would love to have your wonderful feedback on our web site. When you have a moment, please visit http://www.alcco.com/contact-us/quality-connection/ today to submit your testimonial! And, thank you again for taking the time to compliment the staff at Sojourner House. We are glad your Dad's smile is back.

September 26, 2011

By bearmom465

Stay away from this place if you want your loved one placed in a LICENSED facility. They have NO license! SHAME ON THEM for not telling residents and their families that they dropped their license almost a year ago on October 29, 2010. YES, it is perfectly legal, although unethical, to operate without a license in Michigan. All this company had to do was hire an outside food provider, thus they themselves are not providing the board in room & board and can remain in operation without a license. The state had recommended closure on all the facilities in Michigan owned by Assisted Living Concepts out of Wisconsin when they got the brainstorm to change the food service and remain open AND failed to inform families about the loss of license. So this review it to inform those who read it that this place is operating without a license, which means no interference from the state..no state reviews! Also, they had a fire in January of 2011 (shortly after giving up their license) and my question would be, what if someone had been killed in that fire! I'll bet then it would have been on the news that they didn't have a license!!!

Costs for Sojourner Place

Photos of Sojourner Place

Services and Amenities of Sojourner Place

• Pets: All Pets

• Get Costs

About Sojourner Place

At Sojourner Place, our senior living community, we provide personalized, attentive care in a warm yet stimulating environment. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and our full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours per day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. We help our residents thrive, with a full slate of activities, such as such as men's and women's social club, movies, live entertainment, bingo, chess club, and exercise. Our beautiful, pet-friendly community features a private courtyard, where residents can garden, relax, and socialize in the fresh air. We offer high quality assisted living in Kalamazoo which ensures our residents have the care and attention they deserve.

Map of Sojourner Place