Sojourner Place

Reviews of Sojourner Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Sojourner Place

June 30, 2014

By ksp50

When I first checked into Sojourner, the employees were very nice and the facility was clean. So I thought it would be a nice place for my parents to live. As time went by, I discover how unorganized Sojourner,. They have an extremely high turn over with their employees and even management positions. Some of their employees who should be certified are not. For the longest time they did not have an RN on staff. They advertise that there will be a RN at the house 24/7. I have noticed there are less and less employees there, so I know the residents are not getting the best care possible. Af times wben I would walk into the house, I would not find an employee around or at the desk. One of my concerns are my parents are not getting their meds on time and I even wonder if they are getting the right dosage. There is no one there to hear my conerns and to try to contact the corporate office that is impossible. There has been a lot of changes, I do not see any improvements. Management does not keep the residents and/or families informed as to what is happening and how they are solving issues. 99% of the residents will tell you how horrible the good is. I am sorry that I have chosen Sojourner for my parents. I am always worrying about their care. I am looking into different options, but moving my mother would be hard on her since she has dementia. We pay a lot of money, for less and lees care and bad food. I feel I made a horrible mistake in choosing Sojourner for my parents care. Please do your homework, before making a decision, even then there are no guarantees.

October 26, 2012

By huntinskip

The staff was friendly and took good care of my father. We were blessed to have found a place that Dad could go and enjoy the privacy of his own apartment but know that help was there if he needed it. It was tough on the family knowing we couldn't care for Dad, but from the day he moved in it was clear we made the right choice. Sojourner made us feel comfortable and Dad started to join in activities and socialize again which had not happened since Mom died. We thank the staff for all they do and bringing Dad's smile back.

Questions about Sojourner Place

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sojourner Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of residents in AL is 85. Women tend to outnumber men 3 to 1. Favorite activities include exercise, outings, trivia, Bingo, cards, crafts and musical entertainment.

What programs or activities does Sojourner Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our intimate community allows us to tailor programs to the interests and abilities of our individual residents.

What transportation services does Sojourner Place offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled transportation is offered to AL residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sojourner Place exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We serve a variety of options at every meal, with table service for breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven days per week. Our menu is chef prepared, includes resident preferences and is dietician supervised.

What safety features or security measures does Sojourner Place offer to assisted living residents?

Our community has a secured front entrance and visitors must sign in and out each time they enter and exit the community.

How does Sojourner Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our community has a monthly newsletter which is shared with residents and their family members. We also encourage families to join/follow us on social media to see all the events and activities available to attend in our community. Our dedicated staff is always available to visit with you about your loved ones. Monthly Family Nights at the community are held as allowed by current COVID-19 safety protocols and following CDC guidelines.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sojourner Place during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is based upon the individual care needs or our residents as well as the current number of residents. Staffing will vary based upon these ratios.

If Sojourner Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our community is pet-friendly with enclosed courtyards for our furry friends.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives monthly in-service trainings at the community level as well as mandatory monthly online training courses.

What safety features or security measures does Sojourner Place provide to protect residents who wander?

Our egress doors are alarm activated. We also conduct elopement and emergency drills regularly to ensure our residents safety.

Costs for Sojourner Place

Photos of Sojourner Place

Services and Amenities of Sojourner Place

• Pets: All Pets

• Get Costs

About Sojourner Place

At Sojourner Place, our senior living community, we provide personalized, attentive care in a warm yet stimulating environment. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and our full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours per day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. We help our residents thrive, with a full slate of activities, such as such as men's and women's social club, movies, live entertainment, bingo, chess club, and exercise. Our beautiful, pet-friendly community features a private courtyard, where residents can garden, relax, and socialize in the fresh air. We offer high quality assisted living in Kalamazoo which ensures our residents have the care and attention they deserve.

Map of Sojourner Place