Shawnee Gardens Healthcare & Rehab Center

Reviews of Shawnee Gardens Healthcare & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Shawnee Gardens Healthcare & Rehab Center

July 21, 2015

By meJane1

We visited this location and considered it as an option for our loved one. The location is good - in a nice neighborhood and close to Shawnee Mission Parkway. It is really important you have them show you all the different units when you take a tour. While the first floor is fairly nice, the second floor is not. The second floor really needed a lot of upgrades and smelled of urine. I don't have any information on quality of care because we ultimately decided to go someplace else.

June 22, 2015

By Kelsey532

This place was absolutely horrible!! We placed my grandfather, who has Alzheimer's, here for a 5-day stay while my grandmother, who is his primary caretaker, had heart surgery. During his time there they only changed his clothes 1 time, never took him out of his wheel chair so he could walk, yelled at him (my grandmother walked into the caretaker yelling at him), didn't provide him access to the toys that we left for him to play with, we went to visit him twice and we couldn't find any staff members to assist us (we looked all over the wing that he was on there was no one to be found), all of this among other things. I would HIGHLY discourage anyone from placing their loved one in the care of this facility. We did notify the social worker of all of this information and she was apologetic but, in my opinion, with the amount of money that we were paying they should be more attentive to the patient.

April 19, 2015

By #1ANGIE

I was very unhappy with the care our loved one received. We soon moved my mother inlaw to a different facility. There was never the same people caring for our mother. The staff on the week-ends did not know what was going on. They were either PRN nurses or floated nurses who did not usually work on that floor. After several falls and a hospital visit, we wanted better supervision. This was disreguarded. My mother fell again and had several compression factures to go with her broken hip now. They were not responsive to the patients needs. No alarms were used to assure that mom would not try to get out of bed on her own. The staff does not seem happy or appreciated. There seems to be much turn over in staff as well. Our loved ones teeth we lost and she also lost her glasses. Her winter coat disappeared and many of her clothes. She was allowed to go to bed in her street clothes without changing her depends. ITU's are an issue with the facility also. Don't take your loved one here. Very bad idea.

March 20, 2014

I moved to Shawnee Gardens just end of last year. The facility is clean. The rooms are not really huge. They have every activity that makes me happy.

March 21, 2013

By Roxanne3

I had my mother stay at Shawnee Gardens Healthcare and Rehab Ctr. It was my choice because of the location and the way they took care of the residents. There were several staff, so there was always someone watching over the residents. The size of the rooms were just right for my Mom, and it was kept clean. In the gathering room, they played music at all times. I would strongly suggest this place.

Services and Amenities of Shawnee Gardens Healthcare & Rehab Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Shawnee Gardens Healthcare & Rehab Center

Shawnee Gardens Healthcare & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Shawnee, Kansas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Shawnee Gardens Healthcare & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Shawnee Gardens Healthcare & Rehab Center