Bickford of West Des Moines

Reviews of Bickford of West Des Moines

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of West Des Moines

January 22, 2020

By Pete

The person who took us around Bickford of West Des Moines was very nice and considerate to us. It was very nice, very neat, and would fit my wife's lifestyle very well in that she is a low-key, very comfortable type individual, and this facility is slow pace. I've heard nothing but good things about it from other people including their reviews that I read. It's an ideal place, but the most expensive of the places we looked at in Des Moines. The rooms were beautiful and small, but very comfortable. The grounds were a little on the small side. It's very comfortable, and the activities were adequate. It's low key, not overly active or aggressive, and seemed to be a restful place.

October 20, 2018

By Ann

My parents are in assisted living at Bickford of West Des Moines. The place is cozy and friendly. The staff is very friendly and accessible. The food is good, the portions are realistic, and the servings are more appropriate for them. They have a lot of different things. They have a very accessible exercise area.

March 30, 2017

By Julie667476

Bickford of West Des Moines is excellent. The caregivers are very personable and very caring. It was a good change for my mom. They have several different room types, and my mother likes hers because it has two rooms with a sitting area, so she is able to have her piano in the room. They allow pets, so several of the residents have dogs. Even though she doesn’t have her own, it is nice to frequently see a dog in the hallway. The grounds are very nice. It is built in a circular concept, so there are two interior courtyards. It looks very nice. They can walk without having to worry about being outside of a secured area.

July 27, 2016

By Nancy815781

The interior decorating at the common areas of Bickford of West Des Moines was very nice. The memory care's billing amount was much clearer than the assisted living. It was nice that they had handicap bathrooms and temperature control. It seemed like a very homey area. I liked the memory care unit. The dining room was a very comfortable-looking place.

October 28, 2015

By Daughter-in-law7

My father-in-law is at Bickford. We found it from Caring.com's list. One of the reasons we picked it is because there are many activities. The rooms are a little bit smaller, and that's a way to get them out of the room. He absolutely loves it. He goes out for most activities that are there. He sings along with the pastor that comes several times a week. I have eaten there a number times, and I like every meal that I had. My father-in-law likes the food too. He also likes that they have ice cream 24 hours a day. One thing that we like about Bickford is that the help has been there for a number of years, so it didn't look like there is a large turnover of help.

November 20, 2012

By WDM resident

Based on the half dozen assisted living facilities toured and visited in the Des Moines ares, we selected Bickford for my mother. In the several years she has lived there, I am very pleased with the attentive care she receives when she needs it, the quality of the food and facility, the professionalism of the staff and genuine compassion they show, and the flexibility of the management to work with us.

July 27, 2011

By lsbrkb

I have visted Bickford twice and have decided this is the place to live for my husband. They couldn't be more helpful and friendly. It's smaller than most but I liked that as gave a more homey atmosphere. While touring we met several of the residents and they looked happy and a couple made a point to tell us they loved it there. This was reassuring to me and feel confident I have made the right choice.

Memory Care Reviews for Bickford of West Des Moines

• Home Sale Assistance

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Bickford of West Des Moines

Bickford of West Des Moines is a premier assisted living and memory care community that offers a personalized experience for each resident. The staff strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual's life story. Bickford of West Des Moines is conveniently located on 5050 Hawthorne Dr.

Map of Bickford of West Des Moines