Bickford of Urbandale

Reviews of Bickford of Urbandale

Assisted Living Reviews for Bickford of Urbandale

September 22, 2015

By Rhonda245

I visited this facility looking for a place for my mother - soon after I moved her in. I'm so happy I found a place like Bickford for my mom. I know she is safe and happy there. The staff are so responsive and kind. I'm really happy I picked Bickford of Urbandale.

September 09, 2015

By kerip222

The facility is older, there are certain areas that need updated. In one of the kitchen areas, the cupboards are missing or falling of the hinges. The food portions were small and when someone asked for seconds, the staff replied "we are all out". I didn't really have any staff interaction, they were not overly friendly with me. Both managers were out, which was odd because it was 9am in the middle of the week.

July 18, 2014

I visited a friend at Bickford. It was an older facility, but the grounds looked fine. It concentrated on memory care, and it was a locked situation. The general areas were like the dining room and the recreation area. He had a studio type room. It was very modest and plain, but it had a bathroom. The staff was fine. One of them was pleasant and very cordial. When I was there most of them were eating, and they could be in different locations besides the dining area.

June 26, 2014

By Patricia86110650

I visited Bickford of Urbandale, and this facility is very, very nice. We liked it. We had a nice lunch there, and the food is good. We saw several different types of rooms, and they were fine. This facility is pretty convenient for us. The staff was very cordial and wanted to know if they could do anything for us. We also had a nice visit with the director. They have activities, and, in fact, they were having a band or something the day we went there. Overall, I think it's very homey.

April 11, 2014

I had a visit at Bickford, and I like this facility a lot. The place is really clean and the staff are very attentive. They seemed to have really good activities, but it was very expensive. Another thing about this facility is that when my mom's funds run out, she would have to move to another place because they wouldn’t accept state or federal funds.

May 21, 2012

By commercesd

While in Iowa, we stopped in on the spur of the moment to see the Bickford of Urbandale while searching for an assisted living facility for our aunt. The staff was happy to show us around, despite the fact that we didn't have an appointment. The grounds around the main door were nicely kept, with flower beds and nicely manicured grass. The interior was inviting and we could smell fresh flowers. The entire décor was quite nice and fresh. They had many scheduled and non-scheduled things to do - from reading to games, discussions, and other stimulating activities. The dining areas were nicely designed and warm. The food looked deliciously prepared, as well as nutritious. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage resident to make suggestions. The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. They may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard. The private rooms were decorated tastefully with a homey, light and airy atmosphere. Each unit has nice views of the surrounding area. Bathrooms were designed with safety seats and rails. The seniors here really enjoy living here - that was plain to see. The staff is kind, caring and very attentive to all of their needs, whatever they happened to be.

Memory Care Reviews for Bickford of Urbandale

Costs for Bickford of Urbandale

Photos of Bickford of Urbandale

Services and Amenities of Bickford of Urbandale

• Minimum Age: None

About Bickford of Urbandale

Welcome to Bickford of Urbandale, one of Iowa's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford of Urbandale is conveniently located on Sutton Place, so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Urbandale senior living community.

At Bickford of Urbandale, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford of Urbandale. Each resident of our Iowa assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Urbandale senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual’s life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford of Urbandale. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories…lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford of Urbandale assisted living in Iowa, we don’t ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Iowa assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Urbandale