Munster Med-inn

Reviews of Munster Med-inn

Nursing Home Reviews for Munster Med-inn

March 10, 2016

By unconvinced

This place has issues, Aside from the bad plumbing (no hot water ) many of the staff are indifferent and just plain mean to the residents. Many will give you dirty looks for just visiting. Some will raise their voice at you. The elevator is mostly keyed off by the staff so you can't use it. Everyone claims to not know why. THe apathy of the nurses is palpable, and the lack of empathy by virtually all is troublesome.

February 22, 2016

By ConcernedCitizen04

I would not rate Munster Med-inn very highly. I think it is a one-star rating based on the State rating. It is not the greatest place. It’s a four-story building with only two elevators for all of the residents. It’s not ideal. It is a very old building. Mom has been here for three years and we do not want to move her at this point. But if I had to do it all over again, I would not put her in there. They don’t have sufficient staff. The RNs are so busy and spread out so thinly that they don’t really have time to spend with their patients; they just basically administer meds. Then they rotate the RNs from floor to floor, so they really don’t get to know their patients’ needs very well. They have a very high turnover of staff. They have a physical therapy floor. They have a full-time Activities Director who has a good staff, so they have activities for the patients to get involved in.

June 11, 2015

Munster Med Inn is the one we took a tour of. It was fine. It looked clean, and they were very helpful, but we ran into a Medicaid problem, so we can't get my mother-in-law in right now. The rooms seemed small, and she would have shared a room with another person. They had a dementia unit too, so that would have been good.

October 31, 2014

Mom is currently at Munster Med Inn and doing well. It's a fine facility, and she is in a private room. It's spacious and comfortable. She was also in a semi-private room, but her private room was much nicer. She had a good experience and then a so-so experience. Their food is pretty good, and most of the time she is content with the food. I think they have a lot of things going on. She made friends there and they go down to dining together. There are activities and there are a lot of things for them to do.

October 09, 2013

By Witold1

I visited Munster Med-inn and I did not like it. It was very uninteresting and there was haradly anything for the residents to do.

August 14, 2013

By Cliff3

My mother-in-law was at Munster Med-inn. The facility was very clean, neat, modern and all amenities were up-to-date. The staff were very caring, professional and compassionate as well. The food they served was also good. It was very comfortable and she was very happy there.

April 18, 2013

By Kathy26

My mother stayed at Munster Med-inn for about 100 days. She was there for rehabilitation after her surgery. She liked the place and enjoyed being there. The food was very good.

April 13, 2012

By sofialeka

As far as the staff goes, they knew what they were doing but they were not very kind or helpful. I remember times when Mrs. Lampropoulos wouldn't be in her room and when we would ask where she was, they would tell us they didn't know, maybe she was in this room or that room. I'm sorry, but my aunt's mother did not speak English very well and needed a lot of help, so you would think they would always know where she is, just like they should know where everyone is. Beyond the sometimes rude and unhelpful staff, the facilities were nice enough and by several things for our family to do, when they needed to take a break. There was ample parking as well. Inside there was a music room with a piano that I remember sitting in with Mrs. Lampropoulos, it had big windows and beautiful plants inside it as well.

Services and Amenities of Munster Med-inn

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Other
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2019

About Munster Med-inn

Munster Med-inn is a senior living provider in Munster, Indiana that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Munster Med-inn for more details on services and rates.

Map of Munster Med-inn