Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes

Reviews of Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes

February 01, 2019

By Byron

Everything has been wonderful at The Waterford at Edison Lakes. The people have been fantastic. I could not be happier with the decision we've made. They have a lot of different activities. Mom has enjoyed it so far and is really happy there. The food is good. I had lunch with her, and it was very accommodating. They give them options, and they also give them things that they can have every day. Her room is a one-bedroom with a living room that's very spacious and the bedroom is good enough for a full-sized bed. We could get a dresser, and it had a huge walk-in closet and a good-sized bathroom. It's a very good-sized place. She has early onset dementia, and they have them set up on the second floor, which is a good idea. It's set up in a way that she can't get overly confused. She's always going to end up back somewhere and not kind of lost. I'm happy for what we're paying for. It's a really good value.

December 18, 2017

By Jo

We went to The Waterford at Edison Lakes. I loved it. They had lovely apartments. I liked the fact that you had your own apartment, but yet you could still have nice services. That's got to be the best kept secret around. They had great people working there. I can't say enough good things about it. It was a little bit outside my mom's budget, but in the future, if there's some way we can figure it out and she does need more assistance, that's where I want her to go. When you first walk in, there are several different gathering areas. On the right, they had a lovely fireplace with four large chairs and an ottoman. We sat there for a few moments while we waited for the person to show us around. They had a little library with book shelves and a lovely selection. They had friendly people. One lady told us how much she enjoys living there. That's a good recommendation right there. We were looking to have help with her medications, and they did have a nurse on staff; your medicine would be locked up in the nurses' area and when it was time, she would go ahead and give it out. You could stop by the nurses' station or she would bring it to your apartment. I only saw one or two people in the dining area. They had a great deal of longevity with their staff, and that means a lot. The facility was lovely, but it could have used some more modern or updated things and decor, but those were in good condition. Everything looked in good condition. It was clean. I can't say anything bad about it. It was really nice. They had someone that you could call and you might be able to hire for your pets.

October 18, 2017

By Corresta

The rooms at The Waterford were very beautiful and high class. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they even called me back and gave me a list of options. I saw some ladies in a room making things with squares of ceramics. The dining area was breathtaking and pretty. They also had an activities room and an exercise room.

August 21, 2017

By Carolyn

The Waterford at Edison Lakes was pricier than my parents' current community. The rooms were very nice and had a living room and a bedroom. The staff was very nice.

December 10, 2015

By Iris W.

My dad is enjoying his stay at The Waterford at Edison Lakes. The staff has been very kind and good to him. It is a very nice facility in a very good location for lots of activities and shopping. My dad enjoys playing bingo and the morning exercise classes. Sometimes they have concerts. The rooms are very nice and are of good sizes. The one-bedroom apartments are smaller in terms of the bedroom size, but my dad is in a two-bedroom apartment and tells me it’s too big for him now. They have a dining room that serves decent food. It is not gourmet dining, but it’s good, tasty food. They have a barber shop/beauty salon on-site. They also have good services in terms of more assistance if you need it. Everyone has a call button. My dad is getting some extra services, like helping him to the dining room. They have independent living and assisted living. They don’t have a memory care or nursing home care, but they have nurses on staff. My dad gets his medication every day from a nurse.

Questions about Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 62+ community with the average age of our residents being 83 years old. We have a lively group of seniors that like to travel on our bus for activities like gambling at the Blue Chip or Four Winds Casino, theater, lunch and dinner excursions and around the town for shopping. If you and Dorothy would rather stay close to home we have Bingo several times weekly here in house, as well as card clubs, church services, bible study, movie nights and stretch classes, just to name a few.

What programs or activities does Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes offer to enrich residents' well-being?

What places are near Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are a few minutes drive to University Park Mall going north and Mishawaka's vibrant Riverwalk to the south. Downtown South Bend is to our west offering fine dining, theater and a variety of other entertainments.

What transportation services does Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation anywhere in St. Joseph County every Monday through Friday. We have two vehicles along with 2 CDL certified drivers.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Dining in at Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes is VASTLY differently from all the others in our area. Our dining room opens at 8 am and closes at 6p letting our residents choose when they want to dine. Breakfast is served all day and lunch/dinner items are available from 11a - 6p. We offer a Crafted Menu that specializes in Heart Healthy and Gluten-Free options. In addition to our always available menu, we provide Daily Specials. Our residents are free to choose what time they eat, We will do not assign meal times, nor do we assign tables or tablemates. Our residents come and go as they please. Family and friends are always welcome and advanced notice is not required.

What safety features or security measures does Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

All outside doors are locked 24/7 except for our front door, which opens at 8 am when a receptionist is on duty and locks at 9 when there is no longer anyone at the front desk. Residents are the only ones who are issued keys to the outside doors, and their apartments. Cameras are installed in all the public areas for round-the-clock monitoring of who comes and goes from our property.

How does Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Traditionally, our nursing staff stays in constant contact with residents' families when they are receiving care when it comes to their health and safety.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes during daytime and nighttime hours?

State ratio is set at 1 medical staff to 50 receiving medical residents. Our ration is 1 to 30.

If Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community. Pets are allowed out of their apartments as long as they are on a leash and supervised by their pet parent. Outdoors you will find sidewalk paths that lead around the building for walking and a small fenced area for pets that want to move about more freely.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We are directed by both state and corporate training standards. Monthly mandatory on-site service training is performed as well as an on going on-line course all are required to stay up to date on.

What safety features or security measures does Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes provide to protect residents who wander?

We roam alerts to residents that are potential elopement candidates. This notifies staff, at any time of day or night, that the resident is nearing an exit or worse case scenario they're engaging an outside door. All staff are alerted and elopement procedures kick into place at that time.

Photos of Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes

Payment options

• Insurance
  • Check

About Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes

We started Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes to provide truly person-directed care, taking the time to know and work with each resident as an individual and providing them with care that’s as unique as they are. Our caring, compassionate staff, first-rate amenities, beautiful environment and welcoming, supportive atmosphere make Cedarhurst a secure, enriching place to live.

Map of Cedarhurst of Edison Lakes