Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

Reviews of Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

Nursing Home Reviews for Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

September 18, 2014

By Knsw

this Nurseing home is way understaffed!!when your looking for aides or help you can never find anyone. It seems like every time I visit my parent he is soaked so bad his chair is wet and like I said you can never find help !!when your short staffed and you only have 2aides you don't send them on breaks together. They do have a charge nurse For What I'm not sure it's like she's afraid to reprimand. If I could do this over again this would be my last choice. As for the parking lot there's so many pot holes surprised I haven't gotten a flat not enough parking. I could go on and on but if your considering a place for your loved one please make a different choice than this one!!!

March 22, 2012

By Broken ankles

Very good OT and physical therapy department. I was there a month while recovering from injuries. They have nice activities for their residents.

March 15, 2012

By Jgibson

This facility is only a few blocks away from a hospital, which is great if a resident is in need of emergency medical care. Since this nursing home is in an area of Northwest Indiana that has just a couple of hospitals to serve it, it is unusual for a facility such as this to be so close. That is one of the few things that I believe are good about this nursing home. The outside grounds of the facility are in good, but not excellent shape. The parking lot is small, but there are always spaces available. In the entrance foyer, I have never been greeted by anyone. There is a sign in book, but that is about it. The area is clean and smells normal. No one has ever offered to give me any directions or asked me if I needed help finding a room. When I have walked to the area in which my relative lives, none of the people at the station say anything to you unless you speak first. You do not hear "how are you?" or "have a good day" unless you initiate the discussion. When I last visited, no one offered to help me find the room, but when I asked for help, the staff member walked me to the room. When I left, I was ignored until I asked questions about my relative's care. The person did not know. I contacted our family representative to follow up later.

Services and Amenities of Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

About Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville is a senior living provider in Merrillville, Indiana that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville for more details on services and rates.

Map of Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville