Aster Place

Reviews of Aster Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Aster Place

April 19, 2019

By Jon

I visited the Aster Place. The rooms are a nice size, with lots of space, and lots of areas where you can be away from everybody. They have internet availability, a library, and easy access to the hospital or doctors' offices.

August 26, 2017

By opinion131

The nurses aids are over worked and have a hard time keeping up. This reduces the care for those who need it most. If you want a true account of what goes on you need to speak to the residents who live there. I'm sure it's hard to keep staff up to full strength due to the demand of needing people nation wide. However this is no excuse for residents to have needed medication not given to them in a timely manner. $5,000.00 (approximate) is a lot of money. Per month.

Since the 2-star review from August 2017, there has been a change in leadership at Aster Place. The community takes each concern it receives seriously and has taken all measures to address these concerns. According to the Indiana State Regulations for Residential Care Facilities, “A minimum of one wake person, with current CPR and first aid certificates, shall be on site at all times. If fifty (50) or more residents of the facility regularly receive residential nursing services or administration of medication, or both, at least one (1) nursing staff person shall be on site at all times. Residential facilities with over one hundred (100) residents regularly receiving residential nursing services or administration of medication, or both, shall have at least one (1) additional nursing staff person awake on duty at all times for every additional fifty (50) residents. Aster Place staffs in accordance and above state guidelines with an average of one nursing staff per every 12 residents. Aster Place conducted a brief survey with a sampling of (10) residents. These residents had no concerns with the staffing pattern and felt that they received adequate care and medications were dispensed in a timely manner. Please find below so direct quotes from residents during the survey: “The nursing staff always does a great job and I never have concerns. They are always kind and ensure that they bring me my medications on time.” “The staff here do everything for me. I believe that there are enough staff here to meet all of my needs. I have never not received my medications.” Aster Place continues to encourage resident and family feedback and has partnered with NRC to collect on going data for current residents, admissions, and resident who no longer reside at the community.

March 29, 2017

By Cheri830148

My parents are about to move into Aster Place in a couple of weeks. It is a very nice place, and everyone there is really nice and welcoming. They try to make you feel at home, and they have just gone out of their way to do whatever they needed to make mom and dad feel like they are going to be comfortable there. The residents seem to be happy and excited any time I’ve ever been in there to visit. We’ve just gotten a really good positive feedback. I have eaten there several times, and the food is fantastic. They’ve got a really nice facility. It is very clean, it smells fresh and clean, and the whole time I’ve been in there, I have never once smelled a sense of odor anywhere in it. Mom and dad are getting a room that has an outside entrance to it, so if they want to go outside they can. The only problem that I see in terms of outside activity is that right outside their front door, there is only like a 4 x 4 square piece of concrete, and if they want to put a chair or something out there, then there is no way to walk to a sidewalk from out there. So they’ve got an outside exit, but they both have walkers, so you can’t walk out to an outside sidewalk. And I saw that in all the places that I went to, it wasn’t just Aster Place. The other thing too is that if you are in an outside area, every place where there are chairs sitting outside is rocks and stuff. It makes it difficult for anyone who needs a little bit of assistance walking and kind of makes it dangerous. Again, that was not just Aster Place; every place was like that. The places for people to walk outside, there just wasn’t a really safe place for them to go. I would recommend it, and I have already.

September 30, 2016

By Mary460343

Aster Place was newer, very enjoyable, and pleasant. The dining room was beautiful, large, and spacious. The food looked good. The rooms and living quarters were small.

June 27, 2016

By Gretchen421058

Aster Place was lovely and very nice. It's brand-new, so the apartments were very nice and spacious. Everybody seemed very caring and seemed like they knew everybody's name. It felt like home. We ordered dinner, and it was all very good. They made their own breads and desserts, had a library, daily activities, and a whirlpool bath, but no pool.

November 24, 2015

By Millie4

At Aster Place, the rooms were small but adequate. The facility is brand new, so everything is clean. They have kitchenettes with refrigerators and sinks, which was very nice. They had a lot of storage, which was very nice. The thing that I really liked was that they have a common area. The nurses' station is centrally located where the dining room is with a gathering area right beside it. I thought that was very nice and liked that setup.

Independent Living Reviews for Aster Place

March 04, 2017

By Bill627350

Aster Place was very nice; we were very interested. The staff was good and seemed pleasant. The price was reasonable, and it was in a good location, around five or six miles from us.

September 10, 2016

By Peggy413820

We placed my mother-in-law at Aster Place because they provide 24-hour nursing care. The people were absolutely phenomenal. The food is like fine dining; they sit down in linens. They have very good food. It’s very upper class, and you have to have money to live there. They keep her busy, and she is very happy. She loves to play bingo and Uker. Overall, they have a lot of activities offered. I would highly recommend them to others.

August 22, 2016

By Paul241328

We're going to place my father in Aster Place. They have both independent and assisted living. I thought the staff was very competent, and they seem to be caring. The director of nursing was very helpful. They had a lot of structured activities, and there were a lot of great, positive things about them. They seemed to excel. They had a support group for dementia. Their prices were very good. They didn't have several tiers of pricing. They also offered to help pay for our expenses of moving my father from Pennsylvania to Indiana. They did not allow pets in the memory care unit.

November 11, 2015

By Linda116153550

My friend moved into Aster Place. The two big considerations were that it met her budget, and she wanted to bring her dogs. It was nice, clean, and very new. She has an independent little apartment off to the side of the main building, and she walks across the street to eat. She didn't want to go inside the big building nor be in a nursing home type environment. The staff is very nice. The day we moved in, they were there several times making sure everything was OK. They knew that she couldn't see well, so they made adjustments and did a lot of things that weren't asked of them. She told me she is going to some mild exercises. They have a beauty shop and a little room with a popcorn maker and movies. It's new, and they're going to be housing people that need the type of facility like a nursing home.

August 21, 2015

Aster Place was very new. It just opened up a few months ago. It was very well done, and it was very nice.

Memory Care Reviews for Aster Place

Questions about Aster Place

We work cooperatively with your loved one's primary care provider, specialty physicians and providers, as well as our nursing team to assess health needs. Our nursing leaders assess cognitive function and support needs formally at least twice per year.

What techniques does Aster Place use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Aster Place uses nationally recognized strategies to meet people where they are on their dementia journeys. We use bright red place settings to help residents differentiate their meals from the plates, and we dine family style because we know the social aspect of dining has a positive influence on nutrition.

How does Aster Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Our nursing team communicates regularly with families on the phone as a resident's health changes. We offer care plan meetings throughout the year, and we can always schedule a special meeting to be sure we are offering the best support to your loved one.

Describe the neighborhood around Aster Place. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Aster Place is on Park East Boulevard with easy access to main thoroughfares like state road 26 and I65.

Is Aster Place affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We empower residents to choose the provider who best meets their needs, so our residents can choose their provider of choice. We are located directly between both major hospitals in Greater Lafayette.

Photos of Aster Place

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: Pending

About Aster Place

Our Community

American Senior Communities have been serving seniors for over a decade with over 60 locations dedicated to the very best customer service.

Our community is located between IU Hospital- & Lafayette Regional Hospital, blocks from the Pavilion Shopping Centre & dining restaurants off of SR 26. Convenient East Side Lafayette location with easy access to I65.

Our Services

Assisted Living Memory Care Memory Care Assisted Living Apartments are the perfect environment for residents experiencing the early and middles stages of the Alzheimer’s and dementia journey. Our apartments provide the opportunity to maximize and sustain each resident’s independence. We offer an active daily living program designed to promote a healthy mind and spirit. Involvement in daily activities, such as bird watching in the secured courtyard, is encouraged. Specially trained caregivers are always available to provide guidance and assistance.

Assisted Living Apartments

Everyone loves freedom and choices...and we kept that in mind while designing our Senior Apartments. Our communities offer Assisted Living services that are tailored to meet the needs of each individual, allowing them to live life to the fullest.

Our Apartments are available in a variety of floor plans, furnished and decorated as you so desire, making a familiar and comfortable atmosphere where family members and friends can visit. Our residents enjoy the company of their neighbors while enjoying three meals a day offered in our unique, restaurant-style dining rooms. There are many opportunities to participate in a wide range of planned social activities, scheduled transportation to shopping, restaurants and appointments. We continue to add services designed to keep our residents as active as they desire while having the comfort and security of living in a senior community.

Call and ask for a member of our marketing team for more information or stop by and visit. We look forward to serving you!

Map of Aster Place