Westside Garden Plaza Indianapolis, IN

Westside Garden Plaza (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Westside Garden Plaza

Assisted Living Reviews for Westside Garden Plaza

July 14, 2015

Westside Garden Plaza is a very nice place, and they are very caring and supportive. The rooms are well lit and very nice. They can control the temperature with the thermostat in each room. They have a lot of activities. They have a swimming pool, a sauna, a gym, and a walking trail. The dining area is like a very nice restaurant. The place is very secure and very clean. It smells very nice as well. They have music playing all the time. They call residents by name, so that makes them feel important. Everybody is very helpful.

December 05, 2014

By Heidi8

Westside Village was clean. All the residents that I encountered in the hall all seemed tidy and well cared for. It was very pleasant, and the decorations were very homey. The staff members were all very friendly. I did have the chance to try their food, and it was very good. There were different rooms all over the building. They had billiard rooms, and they said that they were building a new theater. They had a lot of exercise classes that are available to the public -- a whole range from chair exercises to the water exercises. The day I was there, they were taking a bunch of the residents out to the restaurant for lunch. They also had a chapel and a beauty parlor on site. I went for a tour, and I was there for three hours. There was that much to see.

June 18, 2013

By Bruce9

Westside Garden had a convenient location and good amenities for the price. My mom has been living there for two months now. They had nice a dining room and work out area, a pool for therapy, and a nice gazebo for sitting. The staff are okay. I tried their food a couple of times and it seemed fine. They had activities for the residents but I'm not able to tell what that's like yet. They can improve on the follow up and assistance with their clients so they can inform us about it.

June 17, 2013

By Gregory2

I didn't like Garden Plaza for my parents. There was nobody watching their medicines and nobody giving them showers. They were left on their own. The place is more for independent living and so it wasn't a good fit for them.

June 29, 2012

By indyian

The nurses are very caring and make sure to provide every comfort to the residents there. I have never heard my grandmother complain about the place at all. They get the residents together to play all sorts of games and do activities and things together. She particularly enjoys Dirty Poker. The food isn't bad. The temperature is kept nice year-round.

Independent Living Reviews for Westside Garden Plaza

February 09, 2015

I like the fact that everybody that we saw there at Westside Garden Plaza wasn't using a walker or a cane. It was not clinical looking. It had many apartment size choices. It is a facility that my mom can be in regardless of the state of her health. The menu is excellent, and the sanitation of this facility looked fabulous. The staff was very informative. The people that were walking around weren't wearing hospital type of clothing. They were very neat in appearance. They seem to be friendly, and they seem to know who their residents were as they pass amongst them.

January 23, 2015

By Roy18

I visited Westside Garden Plaza, but their cost was way too high. It has really nice apartments. I didn't see any of the single rooms. That wasn't what I was looking for. The staff was fine. It was just one lady that I didn't care for much. I think it is fairly safe there. I don't need a fully furnished apartment. I have my own stuff. I guess I would recommend them. Some of the staff is iffy. They could be a little bit more polite to the people they talk to like their prospective clients. I'm not saying all of the staff is impolite. A lot of the staff is very good. It was just one lady that I didn't care for. I'm not saying she isn't nice. It's just that my first impression was not very good.

December 25, 2014

I found Westside Garden Plaza through word of mouth. The staff is pretty good, and they try to keep track of things pretty well. This place is good in general. My father is in an apartment that has kind of a little living area with kitchenette and then a bedroom and a bathroom. He seems to like the food pretty well. They have an activities director, and they have people come in from the outside and do seminars and speak. They'll take them off for shopping trips, and they have bingo and card games. Compared to those I've seen that's in the same kind of price range, it is pretty good.

Nursing Home Reviews for Westside Garden Plaza

July 05, 2012

By Izzae

Westside Retirement Village seems to be an excellent option for those needing assisted living. The rooms are more than adequately sized and have nice accommodations. The staff have always been friendly, both to me and to those living within the facility. The grounds are beautifully kept. There are several activity rooms, which are helpful not only in staying active, but also for staying social. It seems like those that take care of the individuals in the facility are trustworthy and care about their work. It was not too long ago I also was able to share a meal with my friend at this facility; the food is of decent quality and the selections were varied enough that I feel the options would not become stale. I did find the scratch marks in the elevator to be a tad peculiar, but I attribute them mostly to wheelchairs and other equipment that was being transported via the elevator. All in all, I think it's a fantastic facility with great amenities and a comfortable environment for its residents.

Services and Amenities of Westside Garden Plaza

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Westside Garden Plaza

Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, the Westside Garden Plaza community offers the tradition, service and excellence you can expect from a premier retirement community. In the heart of Indianapolis, we are just minutes away from the Indianapolis International Airport, I-465, Clarian West Hospital, medical offices, fine dining and shopping.

Since 1981, when Westside Garden Plaza first opened its doors, we have thrived on the notion of community, the strength of neighborhood, the comfort and warmth of extended family, and the hospitality befitting good friends. Both our residents and associates embrace and reinforce the Westside Garden Plaza tradition with long-term loyalty and dedication. It is this strong sense of community that makes Westside Garden Plaza such an easy place to call home.

Map of Westside Garden Plaza