Wittenberg Village

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

1150 Luther Drive, Crown Point, IN 46307
Wittenberg Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Wittenberg Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Wittenberg Village

February 07, 2017

By Teresa735488

My first impression of Wittenberg Village was that it was neat, clean, tidy, and spirited. All of the employees smiled and helped my mom to be much more receptive to staying there. The meals are typical and go according to their diets, which is a beautiful thing. To quote my mom, “I love it here. They have so much for me to do, and if I don’t go down to breakfast, lunch or dinner, they come to my room and get me.” So, the place is like family. It is hard to get in touch with her because they have her doing so much, which is great. They take her out on field trips or give her projects based on her likes or what she was used to doing prior to coming there. She feels like she has a task to do and really enjoys it. The activities are great. I think it is impeccable. When she initially went in, she was in a private room, which I felt helped get her acclimated to her environment. When she agrees to go and move there, she would get a roommate. What I like about that is that the facility gets a chance to get to know her personality and then will pair her up with somebody she can relate to. They orchestrated that well. I know in reality there is no perfect place, but they do strive for excellence.

November 07, 2016

By Mary780572

Everything at Wittenberg Lutheran Village was great and fine, and we elected to leave my brother in. It’s a very nice place and well appointed with the social workers that worked there. Very well-kept, pretty, and nice place. The food is excellent, and the dining area looks clean and nice. The dining area looks like a little restaurant.

November 17, 2014

By C.M.1

A few times we've been at Wittenberg, and the staff was pretty helpful. It's a pretty nice place. I saw their dining room, and it is really nice too. With their activities, I know she goes to bingo and stuff. The place seems to be secured and safe.

October 27, 2014

By Beverly45

The staff is very good at Wittenberg Village. They are very attentive. I was there for lunch as a guest of a lady that moved there, and we have been talking about moving into a facility, but we are not ready yet. They have lots of choices when it comes to their food, and they have a very elegant dining area. When we were leaving, I think they had happy hour. The rooms are nice, and you can decorate them the way you want to; my friend has a lot of personal things in there.

August 06, 2014

I was able to visit Wittenberg Village at Crown Point. It's the next best facility that I have seen. The facility is very nice and they have a very nice brand new independent living. The assisted living area is kind of dated, but overall it's a pretty good facility. It's in a nice location. If someone is looking for an independent living facility, this community would be a very nice choice. For their assisted living, it's old and they really need to upgrade the place, but the staff are very good.

December 16, 2012

Wittenberg Lutheran is newer and nicer facility. The rooms were big and the staff seem to be more attentive.

August 27, 2012

By tynical

Wittenburg Lutheran Village is a facility that really goes the extra mile to care for their residents and to make them feel at home. The staff is amazing. The residents are allowed and encouraged to personalize their living quarters by painting the walls, putting up wallpaper, anything to make their transition easier. We made my grandmothers room look just like the room at her home did. This facility is super clean and the grounds are immaculate. There are always activities going on encouraging residents to leave their rooms and socialize. They have many services available to them on the grounds including a convenience store and a beauty shop. Residents are encouraged to maintain as much of their independence as possible, however, there is a nursing facility on the grounds as well so that if the time comes that they need more direct care it is an easy transition. Church services are held here regularly. The facility hosts many fundraisers such as a spaghetti dinner and car show to raise money for trips and activities for the residents.

Independent Living Reviews for Wittenberg Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Wittenberg Village

Costs for Wittenberg Village

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of Wittenberg Village

Services and Amenities of Wittenberg Village

• Fee Structure Extra: Assisted Living Has A $1500 Community Fee With No Buy In.; Ccrc Buy In: Independent Living Only Starting At $106,628; Second Person Cost Independent Living $775; Assisted Living $945
  • Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $1482/month

• Personal Care Assistants
  • In Home Health

• State Licenses: IN

About Wittenberg Village

Living at Wittenberg Village offers excellence in retirement living today alongside confidence and peace of mind for the future. Residents have the security that comes from knowing a full continuum of care is available on campus should they ever need it. And with 47 spacious, tree-lined acres, Wittenberg Village offers abundant green space, peaceful water features and elegant natural beauty all around.

Residents enjoy all the charm, friendliness and warmth you’d expect from a Crown Point community and look forward to things like the Car Show, supporting Crown Point High School athletic teams, area art exhibits, musical performances and a host of area festivals and parades. Wittenberg Village offers a full calendar of opportunities from which to choose.

In addition to residential living and assisted living options, signature "My" programs at Wittenberg Village focus on the individuality of those we serve and the many personalized ways in which overall wellness can be maximized.

Our residential living offers maintenance-free living. One-level Villa homes have green lawns, private porches, wide driveways, and many include a garage. Chef prepared meals in restaurant-style dining room.

Greenview Terrace Suites are one and two-bedroom apartment homes. Walk-in closets, spacious bedrooms, oversized baths and full size kitchen appliances are some of the standard features. Bi-weekly housekeeping, dining plan, utilities, and taxes.

Our assisted living offers maintenance-free living. Full, accessible bathrooms including walk-in showers, and kitchenettes. Assistance with medication reminders. 3 prepared meals in dining area, all utilities, cable and phone.

Map of Wittenberg Village