Cherryvale Place

Reviews of Cherryvale Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Cherryvale Place

November 04, 2015

By Caring son14

We looked here, and our visit was very favorable. I thought it was very professional. What I really liked about that presentation was that there was an RN and there was a memory center. They had full disclosure, and they were very helpful. The facility was very nice. It was laid out well. When you walked around, you would notice multiple group activities for people, and we were very impressed. She showed us one like a studio apartment and a one-bedroom apartment. They were both empty and very nice. I would say if it was my call, I would go there and I would get a studio, but my sister believed my mom would be happier with a one-bedroom. It was a good experience. The dining area was very nice, well-laid-out, and spacious. It had room for entertainment groups to come in. It was very clean. I thought it was very pleasant. The staff was excellent. For the most part, we interacted with the two of the staff, and we got to meet some of the other staff and saw what they were doing on patients in various levels of care or need. It was good.

September 16, 2015

By Sheryl15

We had mom here. It's nice and clean. The people are very nice as well. They all seemed caring about her well being. The meals are always on time. I am happy with my choice that my mom is in there.

January 21, 2015

By Bonita2

I thought it was really nice, but it was also really big, and that was not what I was looking for. But the people were very nice, and the staff was nice. They didn't have a pool, but they had different rooms that you could be in. If somebody was looking for a big place, they would like it because maybe they were younger and they want to do more socializing -- it would be a place where there will be a lot of people. The staff was friendly, and the residents seemed really friendly too. It seemed like they had a caring staff.

January 18, 2015

By Helen104643050

We had a good experience with them. My husband enjoyed his stay there. Everything came out just fine.

September 24, 2014

We did visit and I thought it was very comfortable and easy to feel good. The people that we met and talked to were very friendly and helpful. We did get some good information. The apartments were rather small, but that’s for the assisted living. It’s not the place where I think you would go for the early years of your retirement when you are still able to be in and out and for activities. The rooms are large enough. You can get a queen sized bed in the bedroom comfortably but for a couple it’s a little bit small. It just depends on what you are looking for. If you really need help, it’s sufficient but if you need extra space, I’d say it’s a little bit small. But of course you have to consider the cost too. It’s affordable and not the most expensive.

February 28, 2014

I went here and I like the variety of activities that they offer and the accommodations that they have. Their apartments are large and clean. It was bright and there were a lot of windows and the view was very nice. The staff were very accommodating and I can really see their willingness of trying to accommodate us.

September 19, 2013

By Dee9

My dad is in here and so far, he is having a good experience there. He has been there for about four months now. I like this facility. It is one of my favorites. My dad has visual problems and this place seems a little bit brighter. Also my dad has a friend there. What I like about this place is that they are flexible as far as accommodating my father. They helped us with the room he wanted and also helped us with the VA benefits, which has worked out nice. The only thing I wish they have are more activities for men. We suggested field trips and some trivia games. Also it would be nice if they would announce their activities maybe at breakfast in the morning rather than posting them on the board. My dad has a tendency to miss some of them if they're just announced on their bulletin board.

Memory Care Reviews for Cherryvale Place

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• Get Costs

About Cherryvale Place

Cherryvale Place, our conveniently located assisted living and memory care community in Rockford, IL offers all the amenities you need within minutes of this well-maintained, beautifully landscaped community. With a full-time licensed nurse available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care, we strive to maintain each resident's independence in our pet friendly community. We encourage our residents to take advantage of our exercise room, pool table and game room, and design fun excursions including outings to the forest preserves and parks around the Rock River, luncheons, and live entertainment. Our goal is to offer our residents the opportunity to thrive in mind and body by developing individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident. Schedule a visit to explore our senior living and memory care community in Rockford, IL.

Map of Cherryvale Place