South Suburban Rehab Center

Reviews of South Suburban Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for South Suburban Rehab Center

February 03, 2016

By Master's Degree Twice

My actual rating is zero stars. I am a friend of a resident here. He had his hip removed and needs to get rid of a MRSA infection he contracted at another hospital. Since he has been here he has only had one decent meal. I have had to come in and empty his urinals. I have to bathe him because nobody assists him. Today they came in his room and told him that they were going to put him out because he refused medication. In actuality, one of the nurses brought the medicine and hung it. Through her incompetence she punctured the bag. Instead of admitting to that she went back and told them that he refused the medication. That was not his fault and she didn't bring him another bag. The dosage is administered every 12 hours and should not be administered any sooner than 11 hours. He received the dosage at 4pm and they came back to give it to him again at 6pm. He explained that he had just had a dose at 4pm and the side effects are such that his liver could be damaged. The nurse became indignant and left and told the administration that he refused his medication. This is not true. He was correct in not accepting the dosage. My friend is being put out of the facility because he would not sit still and let the staff mistreat him and further endanger his life. He has no hip, he cannot walk and cannot support his own weight yet they feel justified in putting him out. The facility is not up to standards so he is not disgruntled. He really never wanted to be here but was resigned to it because he needed a place to be in the interim before he is readmitted into the hospital to receive a new hip. He is upset however; because they are banding together and lying on him to disguise their laziness and incompetence as well as their unwillingness to do their jobs.

October 28, 2015

By Cynthia114609450

My dad is in South Suburban Rehab Center. It is a very good facility. It is very warm and inviting. It is very secure. They are very personable and friendly. The dementia units are phenomenal. They are amazing. They manage a very challenging population, but they are very attentive. They are very good, very compassionate and caring. They are friendly to the family. Every time I am there, it feels like a very good experience. The dementia units or rooms are shared rooms. They are very clean and well maintained.

June 02, 2015

By Kevin Cobb

By far this is one of the worst facilities in the south suburbs. Mbr father has been a resident here for about 5 years. Many of the other area nursing homes are filled and having a waiting list so we were unable to have him moved. I could go on about their lack of care for hours, however the facts are. My dad has been in the hospital for dehydration 3 times, and he has fallen many times. This last example of dehydration was fatal and he is now in hospice with only days to live. We were told at the hospital that he had not been fed or properly hydrated for a while. My dad has dementia so he is unable to express himself and he no longer knows us. My siblings and I visited him weekly but that was not enough. The facility is almost always understaffed, and by appearance many of the staff members just don't care. It seems as though the residents that are not able to express themselves are often left to fend for themselves and not very well taken care of. In addition to the lack of care every single piece of my fathers clothing that we bought for him ended up missing/stolen and the false teeth that we purchased for him were stolen within 3 days of purchase despite his name being etched into the teeth and his name was also written in sharpie markers inside his clothing. If you are considering this facility do yourself or your loved ones a favor and keep looking. It may save their lives.

May 23, 2013

By Juliet of the Courts

We chose South Suburban Rehab Center because of the proximity to family members. It seemed decent at first glance compared to the other places we went to. The staff seemed attentive in the beginning but became negligent latter on. They did not take her to the activities because she was on a wheelchair with oxygen attached, so they had to move those machines with her. Sometimes they moved everybody but she was left in front of the television. They also did not change her every 2-3 hours but ususally once a day. She was in a private room before but they switched her to a double room, which looked like a hospital room. The dining area was fine but the food was undesirable. I think they need to improve on the staff because basically they have staff shortage.

Services and Amenities of South Suburban Rehab Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About South Suburban Rehab Center

South Suburban Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Homewood, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact South Suburban Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of South Suburban Rehab Center