Senior Suites of Bridgeport

Senior Suites of Bridgeport (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Senior Suites of Bridgeport

Independent Living Reviews for Senior Suites of Bridgeport

May 26, 2015

I did not meet with the property manager, but she had an assistant there, and he showed me around the premises, gave me a tour. I liked the way that this organization does business. Senior Suites of Bridgeport was set up in a pretty functional way.

March 30, 2015

By Patricia104545850

They showed me the eating quarters in Senior Suites of Bridgeport. I had a choice if I wanted to have my meals there. The person who accommodated me was very nice. They didn't have anything for me to look at, but it was very clean. I liked the structure of the building. I liked the security, and it's the most important thing to me. I had a pleasant experience.

June 27, 2014

By Kathy87111550

I found Senior Suites for my mother, and it is a nice community. The rooms are a nice setup for seniors. The staff was very welcoming. They have Bingo, weekly trips to grocery stores and restaurants, and outings.

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your visit at Senior Suites of Bridgeport. We welcome such positive reviews. We take pride in the activity programs offered in our Suites. Our Administrative Assistants work in concert with our managers to provide programming that meets our company standards and those interests of our residents. We recently conducted training and are in the process of implementing a new range of programs for our residents, called Brain Health University. Brain Health University is an eight-week program that offers a series of 30 new classes. During these classes we explore new experiences related to the dimensions of brain health: physical activity, nutrition, sleep, stress management, cognitive stimulation, and social engagement. Routine dulls the mind. Our goal is to interrupt routine and challenge our brains to develop and learn as we experience “novelty, variety, and a bit of challenge”. Senior Lifestyle has been nationally recognized for this program and we are thrilled to be able to offer it to our residents. Brain Health University received the 2011 Industry Innovators Award from the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA). The program also received the 2012 Best of the Best Award from the Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA).

Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 312.673.4508.

Lisa Reed, Vice President of Operations

May 14, 2012

By commercesd

While searching for a place for my great aunt to live, we visited the Senior Suites of Bridgeport. Because it is located in an easy to get to area of Chicago - it would be very convenient for the family. We liked the well-kept park setting because the outdoors has always been a big part of her life. The spacious grounds were well kept, with plenty of nice seating areas for residents and visitors to enjoy. Indoor areas were all homey, with a nice library area and a large room for other activities, like board games and different kinds of socializing. There were other areas where residents may read, sit with friends or just relax. The film collection looked interesting - and they regularly go to local movie houses - sometimes venturing into the city to see foreign and independent films, which are our aunt's favorites. A variety of fresh, healthy foods were offered to suit all dietary needs. Snacks were available all day every day. The dining room was very comfortable and beautifully decorated. The private rooms were all filled with light, fresh air, nicely sized and decorated. The staff and management were very accommodating and eager to make the residents and visiting families comfortable. Those who were not ambulatory seemed well-cared for. There were indoor exercise classes offered and machines available with instruction. Weather permitting, the seniors are taken on field trips in and around the city. Chicago has a great deal to offer, particularly in summer, when the residents can enjoy festivals and fairs every week. Throughout the year, there were also plentiful indoor events scheduled, both inside and outside of the facility. Most of the seniors seemed very active - which will suit our aunt well. Our aunt is very sociable and the types of cultural outings and events offered suit her well. The facility encourages family members to visit regularly and participate in some of the annual activities, such as barbeques and holiday parties. This is a very cozy environment meant to give the residents a sense of home, with the care they require.

Costs for Senior Suites of Bridgeport

Photos of Senior Suites of Bridgeport

Services and Amenities of Senior Suites of Bridgeport

• Fee Structure Extra: We Participate In The Choice Housing Voucher Program With Cha

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Senior Suites of Bridgeport

Senior Suites of Bridgeport in Chicago offers 85 studio and one bedroom affordable senior apartment homes with an array of desirable amenities. Income qualified residents, 62 years old and better, enjoy complimentary laundry facilities, spacious, well-appointed community areas designed for opportunities for social engagement and camaraderie as well as Wellness Everyday programs throughout the month. Additionally, with the new city park across the street, residents enjoy nature right out the front door! Schedule a tour and visit our Bridgeport affordable income housing community today.

*Residents must financially qualify for the community and the apartment for which they reside. Rental rates are based on availability, the specific income designation for the specific apartment and the applicant’s income. Rate and income levels are determined and monitored by the Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Map of Senior Suites of Bridgeport