Plum Landing

Reviews of Plum Landing

Independent Living Reviews for Plum Landing

June 10, 2016

By Cecilia222281

The Plum Landing was my #1 choice if my loved one has to stay somewhere. The people and rooms were very nice for the rate they charge.

May 10, 2016

By Darleen4

Plum Landing Retirement Community was beautifully decorated and more like a place for younger people since everybody was dressed much nicer. There was an odor in the elevator that may have come from their plumbing. The staff was more aloof, just doing their job description and not connecting with the residents.

May 10, 2016

By Pat123566550

Plum Landing was in a nice setting, and we like that everything was contained within the community. The room sizes weren’t small, and the staff seemed friendly. The cleanliness was good.

February 15, 2016

By Bonnie K.

Plum Landing is the perfect fit for my stepdad. He has a studio apartment with a beautiful balcony overlooking the Fox River as well as a picturesque park. He loves all the amenities Plum Landing has to offer: delicious lunches and dinners served to each resident in the dining room by courteous and caring staff; access to a courtesy car and frequent trips to grocery and drug stores; fun and engaging activities planned each month; laundry and housekeeping services; free wi-fi and cable; chapel and church services; well-being checks twice per day; and they even provide a hair stylist for the residents! But the best part of choosing Plum Landing for my stepdad is the security I have knowing that he is happy and well cared for by all the wonderful staff and residents.

February 10, 2016

By Marcie Rogers

Living at Plum Landing in Aurora is like living on a river cruise ship that happens to be docked at the pier. All of the apartments have a gorgeous view of the beautiful Fox River from the inside of the apartment as well as from a patio or balcony. Two delicious and nutritious meals are provided every day but Sunday (one meal) in an inviting dining room by caring and attentive kitchen and wait staff. "Shore" excursions are provided several times a week in either a van or a brand new private courtesy car while a variety of "on-board" activities are conducted almost daily. A general store, beauty shop, library, chapel, and community area are available for residents. Well-being checks occur in the a.m and p.m. Administrative staff, support staff, activities director, housekeeping, and maintenance consistently demonstrate their dedication and concern for all residents. Am totally happy my 91-year-old mother has been living there almost three years!.

February 09, 2016

By James88

My mother has lived at Plum Landing for more than 6 years. We're still happy with them. (This is an unsolicited review.) The building (common areas and apartments) is very nice and has been well maintained and updated. While in the middle of town, Plum's setting could not be better --there is a beautiful park on the north side and the Fox River and a walking/biking trail is immediately behind the building. The staff at Plum Landing is fantastic. Everybody is on a first name basis and is remarkably helpful --from the office to maintenance to the dining room. Couldn't be nicer --they seem genuinely caring. And BTW, Plum Landing's reputation for excellent food is well deserved. I won't list all of the features and activities that are mentioned in Plum's literature or that you can find out about in a tour, but they have pretty much everything available, and have a courtesy car/driver and a shuttle bus to help residents with transportation. As you can see, we're very happy with Plum Landing (and I am in no way affiliated with it). Give it a try. I can't imagine a better all-around experience.

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous Daughter4

I went for a tour at Plum Landing. It's not a very attractive building from the outside, and it's on a busy street, so location wasn’t ideal. The inside of the facility was nice. The size of the apartments probably would have been a good size for my mom, but they didn’t have a one-bedroom available for her. They also were only independent living and would not offer additional care should my mom need it.

Thank you for your review, and we appreciate you taking the time to tour Plum Landing. Our architectural design is very unique because we are built into a hill overlooking the Fox River; therefore, you enter on our 6th floor and all of the apartments view out over the river and the park next door. As a result, you don’t see a lot of our building from the front. We are an independent living community, so while we do not offer any health care services, we do offer a partnership with a reputable health care company that can take care of our resident’s needs while still allowing them to live in our independent facility. This is done by offering a discount that is unique to our building. If you would like more information about the additional care, or our changing availability, please contact me at any time.

June 30, 2014

Plum Landing is a little more expensive, and the rooms are smaller. They’re right along the Fox River. They only give dinners for fifteen days and the rest you have to pay for, and I think that is a ridiculous idea. They also have a waiting list.

Thank you for your review, and we appreciate you taking the time to tour Plum Landing. We offer four different size apartments, with five distinct layouts that we believe are competitively priced. Included in each resident’s monthly rent is a dining allowance that they can spend any way they choose; this includes putting their allowance towards guest meals. The monthly allowance is representative of 15 lunches and 30 dinners. Our residents are very independent and a lot of them are on-the-go, so they do not attend every meal offered, nor do they wish to pay for meals that they haven’t eaten. In the interest of being more economic with our resident’s budgets, we have chosen to offer a very flexible allowance on a monthly basis. In addition to the allowance, each apartment has a full kitchen with a gas stove/oven, microwave and refrigerator included. Please contact us for a more in-depth list of the services and amenities included in the rent here.

September 23, 2013

By Cheryl M

It holds sixty people and it suits my mother's need. They provided thirty meals a month, which was what she wanted and the food was very good. The room had a small kitchen so she could cook. She could go out with my brother to dinner. She could walk along the Fox River, which was picturesque. It was beautiful. It was less expensive than the others. It also had it's own van that took the residents around.

Questions about Plum Landing

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Plum Landing. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are 55 and better and we are always on the go! Outside of living a carefree lifestyle, you can find us exercising, taking strolls along the Fox River, cards, bridge, watching movies, visiting the library, going out to lunch/dinner, going to the Casino and various other outings.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Plum Landing residents and visitors enjoy the best of both worlds with a park-like setting and a convenient location. Located 2 miles south of I-88, residents enjoy nearby shopping, parks and services. Less than 5 minutes away you will find The Paramount Theatre (highly acclaimed for it's Broadway series plays), RiverEdge Park, Hollywood Casino, and the Aurora Transportation Center. Aurora is also home to Chicago Premium Outlets. Healthcare facilities nearby include two hospitals and several medical offices.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Plum Landing has organized?

Plum Landing offers activities which promote the active lifestyle preferred by our residents. Meet your friends at Coffee Hour or Happy Hour. We enjoy trips to local attractions, service projects, senior groups, and shopping.

What transportation services does Plum Landing offer to independent living residents?

Leave the driving to us! Plum Landing's Courtesy Car offers personal transportation around the area for a very reasonable rate, while our bus provides complimentary transportation to shopping and other activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Plum Landing exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Plum Landing is known throughout the valley for its great food and courteous hostesses and wait staff. At lunch and dinner, our chef prepares a specially selected entree. Several alternate entree selections are also available. Each meal begins with soup, juice and salad selections. The entree is then served followed by the dessert of the day. These desserts are always tempting, however fresh fruit and ice cream are always available. We know that tasting is believing, so we invite you to join us for a meal when you visit us.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Each of our six floors have an area for residents to congregate, relax and host guests outside of their apartments.

What safety features or security measures does Plum Landing offer to independent living residents?

Plum Landing has 24-hour camera surveillance and two employees living on-site. Twice a day wellness check calls are made to each resident.

If Plum Landing accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, dogs are allowed under 15 pounds and cats are also welcome.

Does Plum Landing work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Plum Landing can provide a list of care givers if that is needed however, we do not have on-site nursing care.

Photos of Plum Landing

• Home Sale Assistance

About Plum Landing

Fox Valley’s Premiere Retirement Community

Where Neighbors Become Friends & Friends Become Family

Plum Landing is the place to live for independent seniors! All the freedom you want and services to make life easier and more enjoyable. Delight in top notch service from our dedicated and friendly staff, newly renovated apartments, and the best activity program and food around.

Plum Landing offers independent rental apartments for seniors 55 and better, with no entrance fees or buy-in’s. Located just two miles south of the I-88 toll-way in Aurora on Lake St. (Rt. 31); just north of downtown; Residents can enjoy easy access to local venues such as the new RiverEdge Park, Metra station, Hollywood Casino, Paramount Theater and many local restaurants.

Plum Landing offers independent senior rental apartments that come in a variety of different sizes. Every apartment is completely private and features a full kitchen and bath with a balcony or patio. Monthly leases are available; however, anyone who signs up for an annual lease will be guaranteed that the rate they pay when they move in will never change as long as they live at Plum Landing! Please see the descriptions below for further information, pictures and floor plans.

Map of Plum Landing