Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Marietta

Reviews of Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Marietta

Nursing Home Reviews for Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Marietta

October 22, 2017

By C4M

We researched rehab facilities in depth and choose Manor care because of its 5 star rating. Don't be fooled like we were by that high star rating. We arrived and my mom was treated horrible. They brought a wheel chair out to bring her in to the facility in and did not even have feet or leg rests and they yelled at her to just lift her feet up all the way in which she was not able to do. For her first meal there which they knew was her first meal in weeks... they brought spicy sloppy joes. For an elderly person spicy food is hard but for a first meal that's way too much. The CNA's were very very rude to her and yelled at her and scared her. The nurse was not friendly at all. We spoke with the nurse about how the CNA's had treated my mom and the nurse just said it's just their culture and where they are from that makes them sound hateful. That was not acceptable. She didn't want to address what they did to my mom but wanted to make excuses for how they acted. There were many more bad things that happened but to make this short my mom was so frightened and upset by the staff hat she ask to leave and we did within hours of arrival.

October 12, 2017

By buffingtonj

My mother who is 91 just left ManorCare after 4 weeks of rehab. She was released from a hospital after a week's stay and she was in terrible physical condition (not that way prior to the hospital stay.) When we knew she would need rehab, we asked for recommendations from 3 different sources. All 3 said that ManorCare was the place we wanted for my mother. My mother was treated with care and respect. The therapists were wonderful and she is back at her assisted living apartment in better shape than before all of this began. Thank you to ManorCare.

October 03, 2017

By aham

I just left Manor Care after 12 days of rehab following a femur fracture surgery. I was very pleased with my care. The therapy was wonderful. One hour of PT and one hour of OT every day and the therapists were great. I was able to come home and do everything needed to live alone. While I had sister support, I was surprised at how able I was after their care. The nurses and aides were so good - they were constantly drawn to someone on the hall so they never caught a break. There were times that I had to wait a while for the light to get answered, but usually they came right away, found out what I needed and if they didn't take care of it then, returned later. The nurses helped me with my medications and the doctors that I saw were top notch. The food left a lot to be desired, but it is institutional food. It was nutritious and balanced even if it wasn't particularly appealing. All the staff were so nice and helpful. I fully recommend that anyone go here if they have a choice. I would request going back if needed in the future.

August 21, 2017

By Jennifer

My mom has been to different rehab centers throughout the last four years, and ManorCare is one of the best. It doesn't feel like a nursing home; it feels more like a hotel. She went in not being able to write her name and very depressed with no purpose in life. Now, she's in the gardening club and on a sports team even when she's in a wheelchair. They also have crocheting. She's very happy and doesn't want to come home. It's a fabulous place. They call us all the time when she's not feeling well. I have never had any problems with any of the staff. The dining room is pretty. My mother seems to like the food, and she feels better so obviously a healthy diet helped.

June 12, 2017

By 1bullshit

My mother was there several years ago and developed a bed sore that then became a whole and then a bone infection and had to be treated with 6 weeks of antibiotics and hospital stay. I was out of town during my moms April 2017 hospital stay and Now after leaving hospital and being set up by care coordinator with approval for her insurance it has become a nightmare there again. She was hit in face with a tv, has missed being given her antibiotics wish are given 3 times a day, and cannot get anyone to file with her insurance and getting ridiculous bills for services and her stay.. Very incompetent and unfriendly staff. Also the facility is dirty

May 22, 2017

By dave-takis

There are not enough words in the English language to describe how much I love this place. As A 24-7 care-giver For my dad I'm very particular about his care. The therapy apartments are absolutely incredible . Every single staff member is so incredibly nice and helpful no matter who they are or what position they hold. My dad has been a patient there twice now . I can't recommend them highly enough and I can't find one thing about this place that I don't like

April 20, 2017

By dave takis

My dad is in the middle of his 2nd stay at this facility, AND WE COULDNT BE HAPPIER WITH THE QUALITY!! We were there in September 2016 for the entire month as my dad has a chronic indwelling catheter and got a really bad UTI which zapped his strength. After 4 days in St Josephs hospital we were transferred to another facility which was a death trap. Fortunately, a friend had a dad who was in MANOR CARE for a fused back and had recovered BEAUTIFULLY. We transferred to Manor Care the next day and it was a seamless transition from the quality of care we were getting at St Josephs. After a month dad was stronger than ever. We are here again for the exact same thing and the facility and staff are just beyond wonderful! I'm a 24/7 caregiver for dad and when I leave at night, I know dad i s in the best quality hands in the business! I cant thank them enough for the quality of care we receive at this facility and I will always be eternally grateful. Quality rehab, quality activities and quality people!!

August 27, 2016

By Aliceharle

I chose this facility for my rehab after my knee replacement surgery. It was a comfort to me to be able to pre- register my stay do that I had my whole surgery and recovery planned out. Everything went so smoothly for me. The staff was so motivating and caring. They made sure I met my rehab goals and set me up to be successful when I went home. The facility is clean and nicely appointed. There was always something on the menus that i enjoyed. The caregivers - nursing, therapist and all the other staff seemed to enjoy what they do. They are very well trained and the facility as a whole seems to operate do well. It was a great experience send I tell all my friends "go to Manorcare!"

July 07, 2014

By Suzi2

My husband was there for physical rehab due to TIA and a broken pelvis for thirty days. Most of the caregivers were unconcerned about my husband's needs and would turn off his alarm button and say someone would be in soon to change his diaper,help with dressing,etc He was a patient there five years ago and the change in attitude of the staff was astounding. Before there was no urine smell in the hallways and the staff was more than helpful. Today diapers have been left open on the floor in patient rooms, patients smell badly, no shaving was done and staff would gather in small groups to talk, gossip, etc. in addition, they are now using catered food which is somewhat better than his previous experience. Needless to say, this facility was rated very highly on the Government website so we felt safe in his going there - wrong! He will never set his body in any kind of rehab/ nursing facility again!

Services and Amenities of Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Marietta

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Other
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Marietta

Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Marietta is a senior living provider in Marietta, Georgia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Marietta for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manor Care Rehabilitation Center - Marietta