The Retreat at Buford

Reviews of The Retreat at Buford

Assisted Living Reviews for The Retreat at Buford

April 22, 2015

By Sonya5

The staff was friendly and helpful at Ivy Springs Manor. They were OK. The rooms and apartments were nice, big, fancy, and modern-looking. It looked like a relatively new facility. Everything was bright and pretty. I probably would not recommend them because of the price. It seemed expensive to me. It was all nice and new. It was very pretty. It looked like a hotel.

June 25, 2014

The rooms were OK at Ivy Springs Manor; however, I want my aunt to have one a little bit bigger than that. It looked like a hotel room with carpet. It had a bathroom, but there was no kitchen. Overall, I don't like the idea of assisted living being one room. That was my problem with it; it only had one room. Also they were a little more expensive than where I put her. Their dining area was big and nice. They did different activities for them, i.e., arts and crafts. The staff was very nice. They had a lot of people on staff.

March 31, 2014

The one that I liked the most, which was also the most expensive, was Ivy Springs Manor. The facility is only a year and a half old. They are a memory care center. The rooms are much larger. It smelled very nice. There were more people out of their rooms socializing and partaking in things. I thought that was wonderful. They have movie night every night. They make popcorn and have something to drink. They have refrigerators out and about, so you have 24-hour snacks. All the rooms have miniature refrigerators in them. They take you places. The one thing I thought was really interesting is they said that they'll go to Wal-Mart, but they'll also go to the dollar store. The dollar store, although you don't think it's much, when you start getting seniors with dementia, a Wal-Mart may be too big and too much. A dollar store is small, but it gives people an opportunity to get out of the house and wander around, so I thought it was impressive. I have their activities calendar. They have brain games, bingo, exercise, church, a hair salon, a nail salon, ice cream socials, arts and crafts, and guest singers. They'll even do a cocktail hour in the parlor and have non-alcoholic beer. They'll do bowling if you're up to bowling. I don't know if that means going somewhere or if it's a miniature version on the Wii.

May 20, 2013

By Katie Hunter

My Grandmother lives at Ivy Springs Manor. She loves it. The managers and staff treat her like their own. I love the family events and community involvement. I highly recommend this community to anyone's loved one.

November 12, 2012

By Caring 1

Ivy Springs Manor is a beautiful facility. It's brand-new. They have laptops in each room, beautiful furnishings, it was gorgeous. They have activities, too.

Costs for The Retreat at Buford

• Licenses: Personal Care Home
  • State Licenses: PCH005750

About The Retreat at Buford

Welcome to The Retreat at Buford

The Retreat at Buford offers premier personal care and memory care with superior personalized care and compassionate staff. Situated in Buford, GA, our state of the art facility offers luxury style accommodations with a comfortable, small-town feel. Phoenix Senior Living is a company built on love that spans generations, offers ideal senior living options for seniors and specialized services for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and various forms of dementia. Phoenix Senior Living, whose leadership collectively has been serving seniors for more than 30 years, believes that transitioning into your new home at The Retreat at Buford welcomes a new chapter in your life, where seniors can live as independently as they desire — a life where seniors live, love, learn.

The Retreat at Buford specializes in caring for seniors who experience Alzheimer’s and the many forms of dementia. We understand the toll memory loss can take on loved ones. The Retreat at Buford can help manage the highs and lows of living with someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Our Memory Care Neighborhood is designed to mimic a comfortable home-like setting. Pertinent memorabilia and furnishings are carefully designed to simulate a peaceful and familiar environment, coupled with active reminiscing daily. When living with memory loss, cultivating a successful day isn’t always easy. Our caregivers proceed with patience, compassion, and respect in all circumstances. Each day, The Retreat at Buford team enforces the philosophy that every senior can live a purposeful life – no matter his or her current state of mind.

Premier Services and Amenities

All seniors at The Retreat at Buford have full access to the facility’s wide spectrum of services and amenities. This includes permanent residents, Senior Day Program visitors, and short-term residents of our Respite Care Program. Seniors enjoy superior culinary experiences, personal care assistance, professional housekeeping services, and excellent transportation options, to name a few. Every resident has the ability to call for immediate help via our Ecall system located in all bathrooms and bedrooms, as well as by way of personal mobile pendants provided. Our executive staff and trained caretakers are committed to serving your loved one. We encourage you to take advantage of these unique on-site services and amenities:

• Live, Love, Learn signature wellness program
  • Medication management
  • Activity and programming coordinator
  • Continence management
  • Personal care and grooming services
  • Courtyard with relaxing walking trails
  • Oxygen management
  • Full calendar of diverse events

We measure our seniors’ unique abilities and aptitude, while introducing them to new experiences, creating a spirit of achievement and emotional wellbeing. We offer individually tailored activities and purposeful interaction with just the right amount of personalized care.

Map of The Retreat at Buford