Sun Towers Retirement

Reviews of Sun Towers Retirement

Assisted Living Reviews for Sun Towers Retirement

November 11, 2016

By Kathy8290

My mother recently moved into the Memory Care Unit at Sun Towers. Prior to selecting Sun Towers I researched too many to count facilities in Bradenton, Sarasota, Ruskin and Sun City Center. I selected Sun Towers because of the positive attitudes of every employee you meet! My Mom is 94 years old with Alzheimer's disease and my prayer is that she experience joy at least once a day. In the past two weeks she has participated in a lot of activities, been fed good food, and had her personal needs handled with dignity. - all equaling many spurts of joy throughout he day! My siblings and I feel we made the right selection - Mom is safe and we see her happy for the first time in a long time!
We are blessed to have your Mother with us! Every resident is family to our team and we appreciate your words of encouragement. Thank you so much for sharing. Your comments will certainly assist other family members in search of the perfect place for their loved one. Debbie Caneen Director of Admissions

October 11, 2016

By James767453

We have selected Sun Towers Retirement. The residents all seemed happy and smiling, and that wasn’t true at the other place that we went to. The rooms were just high quality. It’s an older building, but it is well maintained. Everything that we saw was very good. They have the same activities there.
Congratulations on your decision to join our family. It will be our pleasure to welcome you to your new home. Debbie Caneen, Director of Admissions

September 30, 2016

By Nancy G350400

Sun Towers Retirement is modern, clean, and easily accessible, and the people are very friendly. They have a small pool and an activity room, and people come in and they do activities for the residents.
Our pool is a great asset in many ways. By utilizing it for aquatic therapy, our licensed outpatient therapy team assists residents in remaining active. We really do have very friendly residents and team members. Glad you noticed! Debbie Caneen, Director of Admissions

September 19, 2016

By Marie B.

I cannot list any one thing -- I am very grateful for everyone I have come in contact with during my stay here. Thanks to all!
We are so pleased you feel that way. Thank you for the kind words!

August 17, 2016

By Michelle184216

Sun Towers Retirement was nice and pretty decent. The staff was very polite and good. The apartments were medium-sized with enough room for one person. They had a lot of activities and transportation available for the residents. Food was served three times a day.

August 16, 2016

By Alma303087

My experience at Sun Towers Retirement was good, and the tour was nice. They showed me the facilities that I would be occupying. The one I was interested in was a two-bedroom unit with a full kitchen, living room, and little balcony. They provided different things like tours and field trips, and they'd take you to the doctor, shopping, or any place you needed to go. They had dining areas on every other floor. There was nothing I could see that was wrong. They have one-bedroom apartments and furnished apartments. They also have kitchenette apartments if you don't want a full kitchen.
We couldn't be more pleased with your review and are excited to have you join us!

January 28, 2016

By Family member11

My in-laws are moving into Sun Towers at the end of the month. The staff who toured us was absolutely wonderful, they’re very professional, and caring. My in-laws are comfortable enough to agree with them to move in. They were offered a one bedroom, 2 baths apartment which was perfect, of good size, and tastefully decorated with window treatments and neutral carpeting. The only thing I had a problem with is the kitchen was rather small and with no counter space, however, all the meals will be served. There’s a sink, stove top, and refrigerator. It was the lowest price of all the places. Their main dining area reminded me of a cruise dining room. There was a piano for entertainment. Breakfast and lunch is a buffet, and you actually have to dress for dinner.

December 21, 2015

By Marcia26

I liked Sun Towers, but it wasn’t what my aunt wanted. Nevertheless, I thought it was terrific. The facility was clean enough and nice. The residents were very friendly, very nice people. They had their own pets there. The dining area was fine, nice and large and looked like a cafeteria.

October 27, 2015

By Caring114201050

The Towers (Sun Towers Retirement Community) was OK. They seemed to give you the best for your dollars, but then again, you might have to live on the eighth floor or something like that. I think they were fairer than the other facility. They have activities. They have a nursing home connected with them, which was made it more enticing.

We're happy to offer the same price for our apartments regardless of the location within our community. With screened in lanais on each unit and wonderful views, all locations are great choices. Having our skilled facility "Sun Terrace" is indeed an added plus in providing a community where our residents have the ability to "age in place".

October 09, 2015

By Judy P.

I moved into Sun Towers 2 years ago. I lived in Dover, DE for 53 years. Although I miss Dover, Sun Towers makes me feel at home. The staff is always courteous and helpful. I have made many new friends.

September 29, 2015

My in-laws are now settled in Sun Towers. They have more options, and they have lots of different floor plans. We are impressed by the staff and by the facilities. My in-laws say the food is very good. They have a one-bedroom, but they are on the waiting list for a two-bedroom unit. They had a full range of activities. It is by far the best of the facilities that we have toured.

I am so pleased to hear that they have already settled in! We are happy to have them and look forward to getting them settled once more into the two bedroom home of their dreams.

July 14, 2015

By Deejay3

Studio apt. is very nice with screened in area overlooking a lake and swimming pool. Staff are wonderful, always providing great service and loving care.

June 14, 2015

By Patricia108268550

Sun Towers is a little older, but big, and lots of activities. It's almost an activity point for anyone in town. I go there every week -- once a month for Parkinson's support group -- and yesterday for an Alzheimer's group. They offer things to the community even though it's an assisted living. I know some people who live there, and they think the staff is very friendly, but the food could be better. The people are helpful. It has assisted and independent units, and it does have one floor for memory care. They have a pretty large outside area with a pool, a pond, and a duck. It has 250 clients, so I didn't think that was the place for my husband. The size of it would not be good for somebody who needs the care. A lot of them had kitchenettes, and I didn't want my husband anywhere near a stove or a microwave. They offer different floor plans, and their pricing is less than other places.

February 26, 2015

By MaryLou_Resident

I am now in my second year at Sun Towers. I am frequently ask if I am happy with my move to the Towers. My answer is always yes, I made a good choice! The staff and residents are caring and friendly and it is nice knowing I am never alone and can get help if ever I need it. There are many activities and sometimes special programs to enjoy. I can be as busy as I wish, or just be by myself and relax in my apartment. Is life at the Towers perfect? No life just is not perfect where ever you are, but as a famous quote says, "Perfect is not normal, nor is it interesting."We have many positives here for all the above reasons. I am happy to call Sun Towers my home!

February 25, 2015

By GrampasHome

My husbands Grandfather is a resident of Sun Towers. We moved both him and his parents here from Arizona so we could be closer to them as they are getting older. We had him in an assisted living facility in Arizona that was very upscale and expensive. We only wanted the best care for him in the world and new he was a bit fussy and difficult. He was NOT eager to move out of it at all and very reluctant to move to Florida for that matter. He was a bit tricky to work with so it was very important that we had a facility that could handle his mood swings and temperament. Even though his apartment in Arizona was very nice, he seemed to not be happy much of the time which made us determined to find a suitable place that would be able to work with him. After looking at a number of available apartments, we decided on Sun Towers. The price was very reasonable for the level of service and care and the staff seemed to be very eager to help. Well, all I can say is we made the best decision ever! He couldn't be happier with his arrangement at Sun Towers. He absolutely loves it and his attitude about Florida and his housing have been nothing short of a miracle. He RAVES about how the staff spoils him all the time. I visit him every Friday and he is always telling me how well they care for him and how they come up to his room just to chat. I almost can't believe that these words are coming out of his mouth. He is so happy here. I can't thank the staff enough for how kind and supportive they are and how pleased we are with the attention he gets and how welcome and friendly they are toward him. From the food to his apartment, everything is professional in an "at-home" sort of way. Whenever I go in there, I feel this way too. Thanks Sun Towers for making a difference in all of our lives!

February 17, 2015

By Roy B. Winn

In September 2014, while going to breakfast, I had a heart attack. I took a nitroglycerin tablet. Returning to my apartment, I had another heart attack and I took another pill. Reaching my apartment I phoned my V.A. Case Load Home Base Manager, Mrs. Russell and informed her of the attack. Feeling better, I went to lunch with my son. Arriving back at my apartment, I had another heart attack, I took another pill and laid down. I don't remember answering the phone. Mrs. Russell, unable to make any sense in our conversation hung up and called the nursing station here at Sun Towers. Katrina answered the phone and came to see me. She put me in a wheelchair and took me to the lobby and put me in an ambulance and sent me to the hospital. She saved my life. In the hospital for the next five to six weeks, I had a heart overhaul. Cleaning it up, cleaning the stents that were there and adding more as necessary. The electro-physiologist doctor replaced my pacemaker with a new type of defibrillator which can reprogram my heart. The staff here at the Sun Towers are really great, from the everyday worker to the top CEO, Mr. Nelson. If it were not for all of these wonderful people I would not be here now.

February 17, 2015

By Barbara Oliver

I recently returned from a month's vacation to Connecticut for the Christmas holidays. I was amazed at the welcome I received from my dinner friend and others who noticed I was missing for some time. I especially was thrilled that Michael, in the dining room was so happy to see me back and was worried about me. A fine gentleman.

January 12, 2015

By Martha39

We chose Sun Towers as first of all they had availability, and that was the biggest thing. It goes from independent to assisted living care. The rooms were nice and big. They had social activities for the residents which was important for my husband. Everything is nice and clean. Maintenance is kept up to date. There is a happy hour, and my husband plays cards, so there is card playing, and they go out for meals once a week.

January 31, 2014

By Barbara35687050

Sun Towers is very nice. It's just that it's a rental. If we move in there it would be about the same price a month with our current place. However, when we ran out of money they would take us out and we can't afford that. The place itself is attractive. They give you 3 meals a day if you need them. The people there are friendly. They have therapy, a fitness room, library and other amenities. I only saw their smallest room which was quite adorable and most of them have a little porch.

January 29, 2014

By JCooper

I am ecstatic that my father has found a permanent home at Sun Towers! He requires a high level of hands on care around the clock, and they are able to provide that for him. He moved in from Sun Terrace where he received excellent rehabilitative services. When he went into Sun Terrace he was wheelchair bound and could not support his weight. When his rehab was completed he was able to walk small distances with only assistance to stand. We were very limited in our choices of facilities that could provide the level of care that my father needs because he is insulin dependent. Sun Towers is able to check his sugar and give him his shots at any time because they have licensed nurses on staff 24 hours a day! The nursing staff is very kind and gentle with him. He loves it there, and tells everyone that he feels like he lives in a fancy hotel.

November 18, 2013

By Norbeck family

The care they provided my mother in her 2 years there until her death in Junes was exceptional. All my questions and concerns were dealt with promptly. Tosha and TJ in the Towers and Christine and the physical therapists at the Terrace were so helpful. It eased my mind greatly as I was 12 hours away but knew my mother was in excellent hands and dealt with her eccentric ways. cheerfully.

July 24, 2013

By Michelle25

The rooms were really nice and very spacious in Sun Tower. They were friendly; they answered all the questions and they followed up and called back. They had a beautiful dining area. There seemed to be a lot of activities going on. But they just have a long waiting list.

April 30, 2013

We like everything about the Sun Towers. It's clean and the staff is really good. There's a lot going on every time you walk in. It's just kind of upbeat with all kinds of activities every day. The food is good and they have a nice, big dining room.

August 29, 2012

By Fond Family Member

I am the family member of a resident of Sun Towers. I cannot put into words how happy I am that I placed my mom in their facility. Not only does their staff go above and beyond the normal call of duty, but as my mom bounced back and forth between independent and assisted living (WITHOUT HAVING TO SWITCH APTS!!!) they were on top of things and she got the immediate care and therapy she need post haste! The support groups have also been a blessing. In dealing with the loss of my dad, I was able to attend their grief support group with her and was thrilled to learn of all the other resources that Sun Towers offers! I will always recommend Sun Towers as I know they will take the absolute best care of my mom until her final days. I take security in knowing that.

June 29, 2012

By mikenick

I felt like this company was ran the wrong way at times. The staff were sometimes rude and not caring to the residents. I have noticed some of the staff seem to not fully do their job as their job title stated. Althought the physical therapists were great, they always care for the residents they were assisting and they always wore a smile on their face. I feel like if I were to look for a location for a family member of mine I would choose somewhere else to take them. I know that somethings have changed here a little like the new lockdown unit but I still think they have a ways to go.

Independent Living Reviews for Sun Towers Retirement

September 23, 2017

By Schmeling/Morrell

Sun Towers is in a friendly retirement community. Everything is very centrally located. Sun Towers ' team provides a secure, trusting, compassionate facility. It's very clean, friendly and treats the residents like extended family. It provides all your needs in independent to assisted living including transportation, 24 hour nurses stations, rehabilitation services, and unlimited activities. Three meals a day are included, it is a wonderful place to live ‼️
Thank you for the review. It is our pleasure to see to it that you are comfortable and enjoy your days with us as part of our family.

September 22, 2017

By cktread

TRIPLE WOW-ie!!! We here at The Towers and The Terrace were blessed three times. First we were blessed when Mother Nature (Our Father in Heaven) down-sized Cat 2 Hurricane Irma from a Cat 2 to a Cat 1 just prior to approaching Sun City Center, Fl. We were blessed again by all of the pre Irma preparation; the organized and efficient roll call as we were all ushered from our apartments down to the preparation rooms on the first floor; and the post Irma work of cleaning up in and around our building after the fact. All of these things were directed by our very capable management team and carried out by them and by their very efficient in-house employees. All staff members and the in-house workers were with us every step of the way from our apartment departure of around 4pm on Sunday until we were escorted back to our apartments nine hours later at approximately 1am Monday. I am so grateful to all involved here in Sun Towers and Sun Terrace; by having all of their employees downstairs with us, serving food and drinks and helping us in any way that was necessary. Our high anxiety level was indeed lower a lot with their presence and that was our third blessing! YOU ARE THE BEST ---- Out of 5 stars I give you a 5-plus. Thanks. Char. I have lived here in The Towers for 2 years and 11 months.
Thank you for the kind words Char. We're so happy that you felt well cared for and we are blessed to have you as part of our family!

September 11, 2017

By Stan

I am a current resident of Sun Towers, my wife and I moved in on 4/18/2017. It was a week or two before we got our "sea legs" even though the staff bent over backwards to welcome us and show us the ropes. We quickly made some friends and soon were a member the community. I'm writing on Mon. 9/11/17 (that is an ominous date in our country) However in this case, the date is very positive, this is day after Erma hit Florida. Almost all employees were brought in on Sat. and were told to be prepared to spend both Sat. and Sun nights at the facility, staff members who had family at home were encouraged to bring families to Sun Towers. All upper floor residents were evacuated to the first floor, all first floor windows and doors were protected with plywood. The kitchen and wait staff were outstanding as were the management and their staff. Care givers were on duty helping out where ever they were needed, at some point it almost seemed that there were more help then residents on site. Every employee whether management, care givers or service staff acted as if we were doing them a favor by asking for some kind of help. They treated us with courtesy and respect even though dealing with some abusive behavior by some of our residents. We came through the ordeal in tack no major damage, no loss of electricity or air conditioning. Not that I would want to deal with another storm but I feel confident that we would make it through it.
We are so pleased that you had a great experience despite some challenging circumstances with the storm. We are a close community and are grateful to have you as part of the family. Thank you for your kind comments!

August 21, 2017

By Anonymous

Sun Towers was great. They're very informative and inviting. According to my sister, they couldn't be more gracious and helpful. The room has all fresh paint and new carpeting, and everything is cleaned once a week. The dining room is huge. There are movies, bus excursions, a beautiful pool, and everybody has a screened in porch to get outside a little bit.
We strive for every resident to feel like family and are happy to know you are having a good experience. Thank you for the kind words.

December 03, 2016

By Blue861542

Sun Towers Retirement Community was quite good. It was an attractive place. The rooms were sunny. All necessities were provided, and the staff that showed us there was very pleasant. They had bus trips, and I saw people playing games. The price was just a thousand dollars too much for us.

July 29, 2016

By Susan786762

We went to visit Sun Towers, and it was absolutely wonderful. The place was very clean. The people were super friendly and working with me nonstop. We ate there as well and the food was very good. I would highly recommend the place. They have an activity center where they do their activities, and they have a big screen and the residents would watch movies. They also have bingo and arts and crafts. I saw that the residents were just happy. I didn’t hear bad things from the residents.

July 10, 2016

By Jones680708

I toured Sun Towers, and it was very good. The dining area looked good. They had amenities like most other places, like a library. The scenery was average. They lady was very nice. I would recommend it.

June 23, 2016

By John845600

Sun Towers Retirement was a nice place. Overall, I think it would fit our needs. The staff seemed nice and qualified. The rooms were spacious, and they have updated quite a few of them, so that seemed very nice. We saw their dining room, which seemed nice, but they did not invite us to eat there.

June 10, 2016

By Danny853451

We chose Sun Towers Retirement. We can bring our golf cart and many of the stores right there are accessible. It had everything that we were looking for. They offer independent, assisted, and nursing as well as memory care services. They have very good-sized rooms, but their prices are reasonable and within our price range. They have happy hours, trips, and offer transportation.

Our team members at Sun Towers Retirement Community are excited to have you join our family! Welcome!

October 02, 2014

By Richard94750550

Overall, Sun Towers was the best all-around offer for retirement living in that environment of living. The accommodations were nicer and larger than most. The availability of facilities and in-house things, e.g., restaurants, exercise, and so forth was above the other standards. Sun City Center offers one thing that no other can offer and that is the fact that you don't have to have a car. You can drive a golf cart to everything.

August 27, 2013

By Margaret C.

Sun Towers is a big high-rise facility. I saw an apartment there that has one bedroom. It didn't have a den like the one I have in my own apartment. Their amenities are comparable to the ones where I am at now. They also have their bus that takes their residents to places. They provide meals and everything. They also have assisted living.

Costs for Sun Towers Retirement

• Staff Patient Ratio: Depends On Care Level
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: AL4991

About Sun Towers Retirement

Dedicated to quality and service, Stratford Court at Boca Pointe in Florida offers a full range of services and accommodations for seniors. Surrounded by world class beaches, shopping and cultural entertainment, Stratford Court is an ideal choice to enjoy life the way you want. Our rental full-service community offers residents personalized service and attention to detail that will affirm that you have chosen senior living wisely. Welcome to Stratford Court at Boca Pointe

Services & Amenities at Stratford Court of Boca Pointe

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

Sunrise Independent Living is for seniors who want to maintain their rich and rewarding life without the responsibilities of running a household. Here, you're given independence and options. We offer a choice of apartment floor plans, restaurant-style dining, housekeeping services, exercise and wellness programs, and much more. It's ideal if you're an active senior who wants to focus on the things you enjoy most in life, but yet have assistance available should you need it.

Sunrise takes pride in offering the kind of service and environment that merits the praise and confidence of our residents and their families. Constant communication with our residents and families in forums like our resident council, family meetings and customer satisfaction surveys help us to always improve.

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

You’ve grown accustomed to an independent lifestyle. That won’t change at Sun Towers. Maintain Your Independence with access to our continuum of long term care services.

Map of Sun Towers Retirement