Mission Oaks

Reviews of Mission Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for Mission Oaks

April 25, 2014

By Sandy32

My husband was at Mission Oaks for six months. I asked them if they would knock out a hole so that we could have two rooms, and they wouldn’t do it. Otherwise, I would’ve stayed right there. The facility was fabulous. They wouldn’t open up two rooms and put a pocket door in between, so we would have two apartments together adjoining. That’s why I went and put a deposit down at another facility. When he was there, he only had one room, and it’s all he needed. But for the two of us, I would want two rooms, where you can make one into a living room and one into a bedroom. The staff is friendlier than even here at where we are; there’s a difference in nature. The place was very clean. They had a lot of activities that my husband went to. I even went to some of them, too. They had entertainment, and they had movies. They would have a monthly birthday party with a buffet. Whatever they did, it was always terrific, and they had a bus that took you out.

January 31, 2014

By Caring62191750

My parents are in Mission Oaks. They have a small one-bedroom unit. There's a little refrigerator and a microwave. This facility does have activities for their residents. They do have movie nights a couple of nights a week. They have a little theater there. They have like a little soda shop place too. With regards to meals, my parents do get all their meals at the dining room. Their food is good. They have one special in the evening and at lunch time. They have a menu you can choose from. My dad loves it. The staff is very nice, very friendly and very helpful. However, I think they need more staff and nurses in that area. They need someone at their front desk later than 5 p.m. Right now, nobody is at the front desk after 5. They would lock the door at 8 pm, and if you come in after 8 p.m., you have to push a little intercom and hope that somebody is in the room to open the door to let you in. My father got locked out one night.

August 27, 2013

By Cuidar Hijo

I visited Mission Oaks for my parents. The area is very nice. It is clean. The people are very nice and helpful. The apartments that I saw were very nice and I like it. I would recommend this place.

June 12, 2013

I visited Mission Oaks for a friend of mine's mother. This place was small and intimate, but clean and well-kept. The staff also were very friendly and kind. The food there was better than what you get in most restaurants. It was delicious.

January 27, 2013

By Tama1

So far, I want to say Mission Oaks is okay. The only thing is we're having a little dispute regarding the bill. We chose this facility because the fee they told us was all-inclusive for a dementia care. But when we got our bill, they added $500 to it every month and they said because dementia care costs more. We were never told that's what's going to happen. We even had to pay a $2,000 initiation fee even before we went in. So we are meeting with the administrators next week. Right now, I don't know if I'm too happy with them with the things that are happening. But I like the care that they provide my father. The facility itself is excellent and beautiful. They've got ice cream parlor and a movie theater. The doctors and the physical therapists are right there in the building. They have a shuttle service that handles handicap, which he is, and they can take them to their appointments. My dad says the food is so good. He said they have the best dinner rolls he's ever had. The services they provide were awesome, but we were told one thing and then something else happened with the billing cycle. Hopefully, we'll get that straightened out. My dad's been there since October.

Memory Care Reviews for Mission Oaks

About Mission Oaks

Mission Oaks is a senior living provider in Oxford, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Mission Oaks for more details on services and rates.

Map of Mission Oaks