American House Wildwood

Reviews of American House Wildwood

Independent Living Reviews for American House Wildwood

September 15, 2021

By Janice

American House Wildwood was very attractive. They had a lot of things to do. They had a crafts room, and there were some ladies up there doing some stuff. They also had a gym and a swimming pool and a hot tub out in the middle. The restaurant was one whole great big building and then they had a little cafe that's on the opposite side. They're on either side of the courtyard where the pool is, and they're both facing out to the swimming pool. I thought we were going to get lunch, but they didn't offer it. They said all the meals were included and it's open any time you wanted to go get something to eat and that was a very nice feature. Some things maybe wouldn't be great for me, but that doesn't mean it wasn't very nice. I still think it's good for what it is. The staff was very nice. It's a beautiful place. There's not enough closet space though, so I don't know what I would do with my stuff. There's hardly any closet space at all. They only have a little and it's first come first served, so we don't even have a guarantee we would have anything. You really couldn't put two seasons of clothing in there.

Janice, thank you for the 5-star review of our community! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.

August 20, 2021

By Geri

I liked American House Wildwood. It was very nice and I was impressed by the whole place. They had a beautiful pool, a nice restaurant, and the rooms I looked at were very nice. They were playing bingo, somebody was swimming, and it seemed like a very social place. I only met one staff member and she was very nice and explained everything well to me.

July 09, 2021

By Kelly

American House Wildwood was fabulous. Patty was wonderful. She took me to see every part of the community. I saw three floor plans that I believe will fit my father-in-law. It was a lovely community. The grounds were spotless, and it was beautifully decorated. There were plenty of options for people of all interest levels. They take care of transportation. I can't imagine any place that anybody would want to go that they have not covered. Their apartments are lovely and absolutely gorgeous. I thought that the price was very reasonable, and the options for dining were wide and varied. There's also a bar in case somebody wants to have a cocktail, which I think retired people deserve to have. I thought it was easy to get around, and it was just really wonderful. The woman that checked me in was very gracious, brought me a bottle of water, and reminded me that as a guest that I needed to wear a mask. They had hand sanitizer provided for me, and then Patty came and greeted me. She was welcoming and wanted to help me meet the obstacles that my father-in-law will probably put up. She's offered to invite him to be her guest for a week. She's just really making it very possible for him to come without a commitment and get a good taste of what life would be like in that community. She also sent me home with a sample of one of their signature desserts. Whether the residents were waiting for the elevator or as they were coming out of a resident meeting, in the dining room or at the restaurant getting their lunch time, they were greeted by name. They were asked if their day was good or if they had any plans for the afternoon. There was interaction with every single person that we came across.

Kelly, thank you for the 5-star review of our community! We are happy to hear about your experience at American House.

June 26, 2021

By Judith

We're very impressed with American House Wildwood. That was high on the list, very nice, nice people. I couldn't think of anything negative to say about it. The staff is excellent, nice in person, very friendly, respectful, everything good. We tried the food there, and it was excellent. We met the chef and he's very professional and an excellent cook. The facility was very clean, very nice. The attitude was upbeat and respectful and it would have been an excellent place.

Judith, we love to hear about experiences like yours! Thank you for your review.

June 25, 2021

By Monica

American House Wildwood was probably the most reasonable of the three places we toured as far as their prices go. This is our number-two choice. They showed me some one-bedrooms, and they were adequate. I would give the staff a good rating. They were good, very friendly, and helpful. They had a little chapel and a meditation room. We saw the pool, the dining area, and the game room. Everything was clean and they had an outdoor area.

June 23, 2021

By R.B.

American House Wildwood was a little bit too "Western;" they had saddles and cow rugs on the floor. The hallways were very dark, and we were looking at things that were lighter. The marketing person, Patty, was absolutely great. She was so nice and couldn't have been nicer. The amenities were fine, they served food once or twice a day, and utilities are included. They have the basic amenities that most of them have in this area. The staff was very good, and the food was very good.

June 20, 2021

By Reviewer0428lm

The tour at American House Wildwood was great, and the facility was okay, I just didn't like the color of the interior. It's very dark and very depressing; we've already told them that. The staff was friendly.

March 07, 2021

By Dina

I toured American House Wildwood. It was my second choice because of the location. The staff was very nice, and the building was very nice, but it was farther away, and I don't like driving. It was beautiful, it looked clean, it was like an upgraded hotel. I met several people who lived there, and they were very happy.

January 16, 2021

By ReviewerFC121220D

I did an in-person visit of American House Wildwood. It was quite informative, and we had a good exchange of correspondence with the person who gave us the tour. It's just we're not quite ready for that yet. I didn't really get into any exchanges with any of the staff except for the person who gave us the tour. The rooms were plentiful. They had a swimming pool, card games, billiard tables, shuffleboard, a nice bar facility, nice restaurant, and little diner. It was pretty satisfying. I discussed some issues with the person who gave us the tour.

November 07, 2020

By James

I checked a few places and American House Wildwood was a convenient place from where I used to live. It looked very nice. The rooms were good sized and nice. They had everything, like a pool and a gym. The staff was very good. The food was good.

April 30, 2019

By David

We have moved into American House Wildwood. It is most satisfactory. They have activities all the time. We also have three meals a day. The staff members are very friendly. They have a big saltwater pool, a card room, a game room, a theater, a meditation room, a library, and a woodwork shop. Outside, they have shuffleboard and putting green.

July 09, 2018

By Greta

I love American House Wildwood. I love the people and the services. We have washers and dryers right in our unit. They have a lot of different activities. The biggest thing is the friendliness of the people; everybody was welcoming. We get three meals a day and we have a family group of about eight people, one couple and six individuals, and it's been very nice so far. They have movies every night, entertainers who come in three times a week, bingo, pokeno, poker, and different clubs like a beading club, crafts, and woodshop. The facilities have been excellent. There's a woman who comes in once a week who does sweeping, vacuuming, cleans the bathroom, and changes your sheets. It's been very nice. Compared to many of the others that are far more expensive, I think I get more bang for my buck here so far.

December 06, 2017

By Sally

American House Wildwood was my favorite place of the three I had been to. I like the area it's in and the grounds; it is more urban. The other places I've seen are right in the middle of a busy traffic area and the American House isn't. It sits back from the road in a grassy, quiet area. They provide three meals a day, have a 24-hour manager on-site, planned activities, weekly housekeeping, and paid utilities. The lady who took me on the tour was very nice.

April 12, 2017

By RDT

Providence Independence was wonderful. They had a swimming pool, salon, and a 12-hour cafeteria service, so you can go in at 3 p.m. and eat, which is a big deal. Not only that, they had what they called a saloon for people who want to have a drink. You can also go in there and get a sandwich any time of the day. When your friends come over, you get yours free, but your friend can spend $4 for a hamburger. In the dining room, they had a great big area where residents can dance. I love that because a lot of us really want to dance, so that's really nice. They also had a beautiful entryway and a wagon with hay. It was really neat and cool.

March 23, 2017

By Edith532210

Providence was newer, they have a pool, and it was a necessity for me. The rooms were very adequate. Everything was very nice and acceptable. However, the kitchens and cupboards were dark, and I didn't like that. I ate there, and the food was good. The price was high.

December 28, 2016

By Barbara761076

Providence Independence at Wildwood has very nice facilities and amenities. The apartments are a little tight but nice and had full kitchens. The facility itself and the people were wonderful. Everybody was nice, the place was immaculate, and they had a lot going on. They had craft rooms, movie viewing rooms, card rooms, and a pool.

November 21, 2016

By Juanita572066

Providence Independence was really gorgeous. It was well appointed as far as activities. The restaurant that they had there or the place where the people ate at on a daily basis was excellent. It was a very nice comfortable feeling community.

November 07, 2016

By Maria H.078272

Providence Independence at Wildwood is a couple of stories high, and I like that. I like its décor, and the representative was very nice. He took us around and took our advice on different suggestions we gave. We had dinner at their dining area. The food was good. The people were very helpful and answered our questions, so that was good.

September 30, 2016

By visitor633024

Providence Independence is a beautiful place, and they had beautiful activities. They had upscale dining, it?s gorgeous, and they were serving 3 meals and some snacks. They have trips, crafts, exercise, and a pool. The staff was informative, and the residents we met also seemed to be informative.

August 22, 2016

By Virginia L.881142

We liked Providence Independence. It was very nice and reasonable. We realized that the rooms were so small. Providence Independence was one of the more reasonable ones that we could afford. They had full kitchens. It was a nice place. Everybody seemed friendly. The people that we met were very friendly. The staff was very friendly. It was just a nice place. Out of all the other places we looked, they had the larger apartments, and for the money, it was really one of the places we would consider. They had exercise rooms, a swimming pool, tiki bar, a game room, a card room, and a movie room. They had just about everything.

May 10, 2016

By Janet123749850

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. It has a multitude of room sizes: two-bedrooms, maybe three sizes of one-bedroom, and a studio. They have a pool and a hot tub. The people that I talked to were totally happy, and I did talk to a lot of people. I know they had a craft room, an activities room, and all kinds of things there. They take a lot of day trips, and I was there today again to luau that they happen to have. I went back to see this one-bedroom studio apartment or whatever it’s called. Everything was excellent. They had wide hallways and were very clean. The rooms, I thought, were all arranged quite nicely. It appears to be a wonderful place and a lot of caring people there. It’s clean, and there’s a lot of activities.

January 12, 2016

By DDawson

The reason I cannot give the community five stars is only because of the pricing. No covered parking and limited amenities for the location with a large price tag, a price tag that would be ok if the building sat on Village property. The sales staff is phenomenal and goes out of the way to the visit a memorable experience. The women who works at the front desk greeted us with a smile, offered coffee and even chatted a while as we waited. You can tell that the staff in the community genuinely cares about the residents and the condition of the building. We loved the space and full kitchen plus private laundry; however feel that some consideration should be given when it comes to meal plans, transportation and activities. The activities calendar seemed a bit dull and more focused on additional outings the utilizing any of the spaces inside the community. The price tag for most would dictate more inside and less outside activity as expendable income would be limited. The grounds are landscaped nicely with a heated pool; the restaurant food (We were treated to lunch) was well prepared and presented however the service and wait time left some to be desired. It appeared in the restaurant that some training may be in order as well as some additional staffing. Overall we loved the community and know that mom would be happy if we could afford the move, however after visiting deciding on something a little smaller scale with a smaller price tag.

January 05, 2016

By BBrowd1942

I visited the community and fell in love with the apartment sizes and landscaping. They have really put allot of attention into detail. The young man that showed us around the community was wonderful, he made me and my husband feel right at home and eased the fear that we had going into this process. I loved how large the kitchen was and how much living space the apartments had to offer, our salesman treated us to a delicious lunch and dessert. This was the first community that we visited and set the standard high for the remainder of the visits that we had. If we had been able to make the move before the price changes it would have been our choice however the pricing for the new year puts it out of our reach.

December 28, 2015

By Jean106461050

I visited the Providence Independence and liked the living arrangement. They had a patio where you could keep your pet and a nice balcony. The food there was fine. They also had some activities. I liked the Providence best because the rooms were beautiful.

August 13, 2015

Providence had everything that I wanted. If something happens to you, they do not have assisted living there, so you would have to go elsewhere. Everything was very good, it was very well done, the staff was very good, and the food was excellent because they treated us to lunch. It was all first-class.

July 22, 2015

By boohooomee

I have a Family member that lives here, it's nice and new, but recently have increased the rent, and will be moving out, they are unable to fill the location because of the high cost. It's only been open less than two years and the management has been changed/sold/fired. There are more facilities in the area that offer competitive rates. It's a shame that they put the cost burden on the current residents because they can't fill rooms. On the plus side they have great facilities, Movies, Pool, Swimming Pool, good food, having a Bar is a questionable choice with elderly who are prone to fall, or may be depressed(especially after paying $8 for a cocktail)

July 20, 2015

I liked everything about Providence Independence. The rooms had a little kitchenette. They also had a washer and dryer, which was wonderful. I was very impressed.

July 20, 2015

Providence was one of the communities recommended to us. It’s about the nicest place I’ve been in, and it really has a lot of factors to them. The staff was quite helpful and very nice. I have no problem with them, they answered all my questions, and there was no subterfuge about anything. The apartments were beautiful; we were looking for something small so we didn’t look at the larger ones, but they were quite spacious. I liked the balconies with the screens, and if I had to go, that would be the one I’d choose. The food was good, the dining area was beautiful, and it was more like a restaurant than an institution. They have a beautiful, landscaped garden area and a heated pool, and everything was set up very nice.

June 11, 2015

By Caring108120650

Providence was very helpful in answering questions. They gave us a tour and a meal. They were very helpful in just letting us see what they are all about. The rooms are beautiful, and they are the best I have seen. We also visited two other places, but the rooms are the best at Providence. They have an exercise pool and exercise therapy. They have some kind of a butterfly garden. The food and dining room setup was very good. But I would say the price is a little high though. It was a little more expensive than some of the others. However, you do get for your money there because the quality is a little bit higher.

June 11, 2015

By Margaret108089950

Providence Independence is only a couple of miles from where we live. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give them about a 10. They are spectacular. If ever we come to the point when we feel we need to make a move to independent living, that is the place we would go. We already know that. It is a brand new facility and it is still not completely filled. They are spectacularly beautiful, and the apartments are lovely. They have a list of activities there that will keep you busy from morning to night every day if you chose to do that. Their dining room is setup so that it is open from seven in the morning until seven at night. You get three meals a day at your choic, so you don't go at a specific time that suits the chef. You go whenever you want to. We could not have been greeted more graciously. We have friends that already lived there. They love it and have not one single criticism of the place. To me, it is the best I have seen. They have small tables clustered around a moderately large dining room. It has a stage on one side and a small dance floor. They have entertainment regularly there like music on Friday evenings. They play music that they can dance to. They serve off a menu, and the food is absolutely excellent. They have a water aerobics class. They have their own barber shop and beauty shop. Although it is independent living, they have doctors and nurses on call. They have mahjong and billiards. It is a schedule that is filled, and you could be busy all the time. They even have a cocktail hour every afternoon in their lovely lounge. It is a very well thought-out facility, and it was beautifully planned.

April 20, 2015

We’ve been in Providence Independence a year and a half. It’s brand new and beautiful inside. It’s a quiet and nice place. We’re in a 400 plus sq.ft. apartment. It’s a small one just for two people with one bedroom and one bathroom. The bigger ones are nice. Everything is pretty, attractive, and very clean. They have everything: cards, bingo, and singing. Everybody tries to do their job, but management drives us crazy. In the beginning, it was a very pleasant, nice place, but they have changed several rules. They’ve raised the rent and made it hard for everybody. We need good managing.

February 18, 2015

By Caring106319150

I love Providence Independence. They provide three meals of your choice a day, and they have a huge variety of food. They clean the apartment once a week. Included in my rent is TV, the telephone, and the computer. Everything is included.

November 15, 2014

By Morton1

My mother-in-law is staying in Providence Independence. We chose it because the staff seems very caring. The facilities are quite nice. It is in the price that she can afford, and we feel that she will be very happy there. They have a pool. They have exercise and various classes. They have a wonderful restaurant, and they provide two meals a day. They have parking facilities for people who have their cars and for their guests. They also have a bus that takes the people living there wherever they need to go. It is right in the middle of an area that has a lot of places to visit like restaurants, stores, and kitchenettes. They take them shopping. They have happy hour at night if you want to listen to some music and have a little drink. They have many different kinds of activities both educational and physical. They have bingo and games. They are talking about putting together some computer classes for the residents. They have wifi if the people want to have their own computer set up. If the residents need some help, the staff is available 24 hours a day.

October 19, 2014

By Dolores11

Providence is absolutely beautiful, and I was very impressed with everything. We had a meal in the big dining room; we saw everything. They have a pool, and near the area there are umbrellas, they have a library and a beauty shop. I’m in favor of that one, but I have some things to consider. The rooms had 9 foot ceilings which make them seem very large, and they had a studio that normally they put nothing between living in bedroom area. It is spacious enough for me. I could use the studio. The one bedroom is larger, and the price is very reasonable, much less than any other place. It’s so beautiful that I can’t understand why they don’t charge more.

September 12, 2014

We didn't care for Providence Independence. The colors were dark and dreary. It just seemed old. My wife didn't like it because it seemed gloomy. We had a meal there, and the food was good. They also offer something where you buy just one meal a day, which is appealing. They will fix that one meal any time of the day you want. However, the whole facility we just didn't have a great feeling. The facility was adequate but not cheerful. The staff was OK. We took a tour of the apartments led by the manager. The manager was OK. Their apartments and accommodations were adequate. It's kind of isolated there. The place was brand new, but it was not near anything. In terms of activities, they were just getting started, and what they offer is a bus to take you wherever you want. Overall, I would not say it's bad, but it didn't appeal to us.

June 26, 2014

By Barbara85660850

The first reason why I chose Providence Independence is because it's close to my family. The facility is relatively new, not even a year old. It's got all kinds of activities going on. It's not quite full yet, and I find that interesting. The food is restaurant style, so you do not have to eat at a certain time. The food is excellent. It's not like institutional food. The people there are lovely people. I stayed over there several times just to familiarize myself with the kinds of people. It has a mixture of religions and races there. The staff, although they are lovely people, are not very competent. They don’t return telephone calls necessarily, and questions go unanswered. They're really not business people.

November 28, 2013

By Pat38

I had a tour at Providence Independence and the facility is lovely. This is the facility I am hoping my father-in-law would choose. The facility is clean and very attractive. The person who showed me around was very helpful at showing me around a studio apartment and the room was lovely. It was like 504 square feet. They've got a library, a movie room, a little lounge, and a lovely pool. They just a lot of amenities and the price is very reasonable. This is the best of all the places I've seen and I didn’t feel pressured at all. They have different kinds of activities like they would take the residents to shopping. They have a recreation room and a game room where they have poker tables and cards tables. They have a pool that is in a lovely courtyard. They also have a movie room that has very comfortable seats. They have somebody monitor the residents 24 hours a day. Every resident has a call button that they wear. If they need something they push that and the person that is monitoring is right there and find out and give help immediately. They also have a doctor and a podiatrist that comes in to the facility.

November 22, 2013

The manager at Providence Independence was very helpful, warm, and informative. She was glad when we came. She talked to us and even encouraged us to come back. However, the person who showed us around initially was cold. There was no warmth in the presentation. She was informative but she didn't seem to care whether we purchase or not. It was like, "Here's the information, now do what you want with it." The place itself was really nice. On the whole, we're really interested in going there for that matter. They did have activities for their residents. Their dining room was very nice. Their food was good too. It was like eating in a restaurant. Regarding accommodations, we could manage with their rooms there. They have a washer/dryer, a stove, a microwave, and a dishwasher. If you want to, you can cook there. They did have better floor plans than the other facilities I visited.

August 27, 2013

By Paul1740

Providence Independence is a brand new facility. Their buildings are more upscale and they have a very nice surrounding. Their apartments are great. The staff is very good and very nice. Food is really good. There are more activities to do here.

August 10, 2013

By Dolores6

Providence Independence at Wildwood have particularly the things we liked and they do not have a humongous entrance fee. The place is brand new. They have small apartments with one bedroom and one bath. The staff are very helpful. It's not a very large place with three floors. We liked it a lot. They have a pool. They have activity center for exercise and activities.

Photos of American House Wildwood

Services and Amenities of American House Wildwood

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About American House Wildwood

Enjoy a fulfilling and maintenance free lifestyle. American House Wildwood offers peaceful surroundings, gorgeous grounds and provides a serene senior living environment. Whether you choose to join your neighbors for dinner, or entertain in your private apartment, American House Wildwood allows you to live the fullest life possible.

Located less than a mile fron the Villages new town center, in charming Wildwood, FL.

Map of American House Wildwood