Coquina Center

Reviews of Coquina Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Coquina Center

May 18, 2015

By Dwayne1234

I would rate the facility a 4.8 but that's not an option my wife was in the rehab area of the facility for 10 days following hip joint replacement surgery. We visited several facilities prior to her surgery to find a facility we thought was clean, well administered, and a quality staff. Coquina was one of the best we visited, many we visited shouldn't be allowed to be in business in our opinion. There was never an odor in the halls or common areas nor in her shared room. Someone is constantly cleaning, redecorating, etc. The only place I could suggest an improvement is the frequency of cleaning the bathroom area in the rooms and bathing of the patients. The food won't win a James Beard award but it was certainly as good as most hospitals and always warm. You were given a choice for your meals and if you didn't like the selection you could order soup, grilled cheese, etc. We will return, with no reservations, when she rehabs for future knee replacement surgery. The physical therapy facility and their staff were very conscientious and caring. You're welcome to visit their facility at any time and without advance notice...

January 20, 2015

By Ellen41

I visited several facilities in the area, Coquina Center has an excellent reputation, and I liked it the best. There are many activities for the residents of various kinds. There are several activity rooms and activity directors, and they are very active. They come around to the patients and try to see what they would like to do. The staff is excellent, very friendly, and kind. I think it's probably one of the best facilities in the whole state. The food is not magnificent, but it's very good, there's plenty of it, and you have choices for each meal. They have a buffet at breakfast on the weekends. My husband has a private room and has a private bath. It has a TV, but we bought the TV. They provided the wheelchair and the walker. It's extremely clean, and they are cleaning all the time. The facility is in a very beautiful area. There are a lot of trees around and walkways to walk around. It is very close to major shopping areas and very easy to get to. It's off the main road so that you have a nice sense of privacy.

November 30, 2014

By Caring11222014_02

My husband was at Coquina Center for almost two years. He had certainly far better care there than I could ever give him at home. I can’t make myself go back there but I still hear from some of the staff and from his roommate’s wife. We got to be friends. It has a very good rating here in this area. I feel it was the best place that he could have ended up if he ended up that way. It was a very congenial place. We were there long enough that it was kind of a family. I was there every day. I really felt confident with the people that were working with him. There were many different ones -- some were better than others -- but they were all adequate, and some went beyond their duty by being really very helpful. The food was pretty monotonous and not particularly the kind of thing sick people would want; that is something they could improve. Food was served to him in his room, it was adequate. I would rate it a 3. And it probably was as good as they could do under these circumstances. I think there were few things they could change like fresh vegetables instead of canned, serving chicken for instance in different ways other than pretty much the same, and making the plate look appetizing. Also, they could certainly use more CNAs. Those girls work terribly hard and are asked to do more than they can and do it with a smile which most of them did. I would pat them on the back; it’s just the idea that the corporate part of the facility is not providing enough help to do the kind of things that they are requiring to be done.

About Coquina Center

Coquina Center is a senior living provider in Ormond Beach, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Coquina Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Coquina Center