Deerfield Beach Health & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Deerfield Beach Health & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Deerfield Beach Health & Rehabilitation Center

May 27, 2016

By tiatati

Bad Bad Bad The place is not for humans or animals its that bad, came to visit my relative the bed was with cocoraches , food a scoop of salad with crackers, no equipment to be fond to measure blood pleasure, doctor asked for twisers to removed stiches didnt have one, call the ambulance to take him to the hospital nobody at the front door which is look and have to have a code to open and they couldnt open it, i have the code from the night before and open the door for the ambulance to take the patience to the hospital, I am very angry.

November 16, 2015

By Mrs Alana

My husband was here to receive physical therapy after knee replacement surgery. When he arrived, the room had not been cleaned; personal hygiene items of the previous client were left in the room, the floor had not been washed, the bathroom was filthy with feces left in the toilet bowl and the sink filled with scum. The bed had a sheet and pillow no blanket. When we asked for a blanket we were told there were none and he was given another sheet. There were no towels available either. The food tray was brought in with only the main plate covered. The metal utensils were uncovered as was the beverage. His pain medication and blood thinner medication were not there upon arrival. We were told they would be there by 11:00 that night and he would be given them at that time. That never happened. This next morning he called for a nurse at 8:00 ; no one came until 9:20. At that time he was given a Tylenol, still no blood thinner. I picked him up from that place at 10:30 that morning. Still no medications, no towel to wash with, no bathroom cleaned, no help to dress. He left with me at 11:00. I would never leave anyone here. It is an awful place!

October 28, 2015

Deerfield Beach Health and Rehabilitation Center was nicer looking. It was less dreary and less old. However, when I went to see my aunt, she was lying in the fetal position. I understand she is very stubborn. She does have dementia, so she is not always cooperative. All I told these people: If you're a little firm with her, you can get her to work with you. I never saw any of it. The place was nicer kept; it was more up-to-date. It was clean, and the people were very nice. Those were important, but that's not what my aunt was there for.

October 18, 2015

By Is this normal?

My mother was there and while the rooms were spacious the attentiveness to providing meds and treatments such as asthma were subpar including cleaning patient or helping restore ROM they just let your loved ones lay in bed you have to beg to get help in getting your loved one up where's the physical therapy? if they cannot on their own. Some nurses care and offer attention but not all possibly due to ratio of patient to staff not safe allow anyone in no ID required saw man sleeping in lobby with his bike outside I was so scared that he could harm those vulnerable older patients not just my mother praying for all there

June 09, 2015

By NancyGS

My father and mother both were here at different times, both horrible experiences. You will eat 3 times a day but don't get your hopes up for much more than that.Cell phones vanished. Physical therapy gets rushed and shortened or skipped. Patients can only lay in bed or sit in a wheelchair, no other seats available, no medically approved recliners. The nurse didn't recognize my dad's confusion as a seizure coming on and didn't get sent to hospital until hours later, he never recovered and passed away soon after. They are content to leave patients in diapers rather than help them to the toilet or offer a bedpan. They don't use absorbent pads for the diapers so patients wet themselves and the bed. They do not give referrals when you are discharged to any one other than their own connections for physical therapy even if you are in a facility with a physical therapy department!

August 10, 2014

I found Deerfield Beach Health and Rehab to be a clean facility. The rooms were adequate. The people were very attentive to my mother, but I think they need to improve on the ratio of their employee to patients. Their food was not good and they need to improve on that as well.

December 24, 2013

When I visited North Broward, they hardly explained anything. They just showed me the dining room and they didn't show me their rooms. They just took me where they want to take me. Also there was nobody in their dining room. It felt very cold. Some places were very friendly, but this one seemed like a cold place for me. They rushed us through the facility. The visit was like 10 minutes and that was it. The facility wasn't clean and it seemed like the people that even took me around weren't knowledgeable as well.

Services and Amenities of Deerfield Beach Health & Rehabilitation Center

About Deerfield Beach Health & Rehabilitation Center

Deerfield Beach Health & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Deerfield Beach, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Deerfield Beach Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Deerfield Beach Health & Rehabilitation Center