Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

January 09, 2020

By JoFred

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. I only gave it one star because if you don't rate it you cannot leave a review. Do not entrust your loved ones in their care. They will be lucky to come out alive. My 85-year-old dad was admitted for rehab. On the 3rd day, I yanked him out. The toilet in his room was not working and they told him there were no other rooms available to transfer him to. His room was filthy from his roommate's unfortunate medical emergency, and they did not clean it up adequately. His dirty clothes disappeared, and the food is awful. On the third day, my father was not given his medicine and his diabetes went sky high. RUN, do not walk, from this place. It's a joke. They seem to only care about milking the insurance for all its worth.

November 17, 2019

By TCat

I am writting this review in the hope that it might help someone who was as confused as I was in selecting a health care facility. Like everyone else I wanted the best care possible for my love one, in this case my wife, while we waited home health care approval. I carefully read reviews from facilities in my area and they were all over the place. Recommendations from friends were equally as confusing, mainly because few people had first hand knowledge. Based on the consensus of recommendations, I chose Spring Hill Health and Rehabilitation in Spring Hill for my wife and hoped for the best. My wife was a patient at Spring Hill Health and Rehab. from mid September to mid Novermber, 2019. I went to visit twice a day, every day, at varuius hours. I found the facility to be clean and well equipped. That is not what impressed me, that should be a given at any facility. Their personnel was tops. From Administration and Social Services to all the nurses and attending staff. Any concerns were addressed and attended to. The nurses and attendants were always helpful and caring. As I watched I learned what a difficult job these people have. When I left for the day, I didn't have to worry about my wife's care while I was gone. If you need a helath care facility, you can feel confident with choosing Spring Hill Health and Rehabilitation.

October 07, 2019

By Pammy67

The rooms are very clean and bright, the staff was wonderful espeically a nurse Amalia, she was friendly and made sure my brother had everything he needed, also would like to say Nurse Bobbie was awesome to. The staff was very accomadating and i would reccoment this facility, thank you Spring Hill Health and Rehab!!! 10 star

August 30, 2019

By Klink

They lose clothing and a new wheelchair we had transported my father in. You cant see or contact a doctor, only a nurse practitioner that is extremely difficult to reach unless she is calling you with bad news. My father mysteriously encountered a black eye and they did not even call in an eye doctor or do any kind of scan as requested- he had recently suffered a slight brain bleed from a fall, would have been nice to check that out. The DNR they insisted on having was not completed correctly by the doctor it was invalid. Very difficult to find legs for the wheelchairs - just drag the feet of hold -em up. You get the run-around if request copies of medical records. Because the physical therapy group is contracted the medical staff does not have to listen to them - my father needed some kind of boot thing while sleeping, therapist agreed and mentioned it to the nursing staff but they wouldn't do it. Patient baths not to clean. Terrible food. Written complaint going to Florida Agency for Health Care, Division of Health Quality Assurance, let's see what happens. This place doesn't even deserve one star, but had to give rating to continue.

May 28, 2019

By JustChuck

My mom has been here several times in the past 22 months. I have no problem with the staff, nurses and CNAs are all available to talk and seem to care. My mom liked the therapists, which are apparently an outside contractor that comes in to do therapy. The real problem here is the management and the lack of any real medical care. This past winter, it became apparent to me that there was never any doctor in the facility. The doctor was simply never available to see or consult with or answer questions. I was always told that the doctor was "available by phone". This left a nurse practitioner to be the only on-site medical person for 120 patients. Besides trying to see 120 patients as often as requested by the patients and families, an impossible task really, this NP has to attend meetings too. This facility recently switched managers, and then switched back to the previous manager, whom they had transferred to a different facility for a short time. The interim manager, who was there only a few months, was apparently a caring person and well liked by the staff. Then the previous manager came back. I had heard about him through family friends, who did not care for him as a person, nor did they care for this facility. I was surprised though to hear a staff member speak about the manager in negative terms, as in "Yes, the last manager was nice and cared about people. This guy knows how to make money". Someone who is all about making money for the corporation, cutting corners, etc etc is not running a place where you want a relative to be. The last two times my other was discharged from here, she was sicker than when she went in. Now my mother is a very difficult person, refusing to do therapy, depressed, etc- but that is not an excuse for her medical health deteriorating to the point that on her second to last discharge she was sent home with a raging UTI, and lasted nine hours at home before she had to go back to the ER. On her last discharge, she had been going downhill for a week. It was five days of steady decline before the facility sent for blood and urine analysis, and then they requested a chest x ray only after we insisted. It was then two-three days later for the test results, and then another several hours for them to get the appropriate medicines (all the medicines they use have to be sent from Tampa). Had my sister not arrived for a visit, and insisted my mother be transferred back to the hospital, my mother would probably be dead now from lack of medical care. It turns out my mother had a UTI, and pneumonia, and was in sepsis, probably from the UTI. Besides all that, the entire staff that was working that day argued with my sister about transferring my mother. Nurse, Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing, Doctor when they finally arrived- three hours of arguing to get a person who was so sick she hadn't eaten or drank anything in two days, and could barely talk- transferred back to a hospital. Which reminds me, my mother had reportedly been refusing many of her medications, including heart medications, for seen days due to nausea. Seven days without meds, and I only know this because a nurse mentioned it in passing when I called for an update. Seven days they let a patient refuse meds, and never notified a family member, including my brother, who is the healthcare proxy. Do not let anyone go here except a healthy person who is here for rehab. Do not let anyone with any serious medical conditions go here!

April 25, 2019

By jbolc

On behalf of a patient at this facility I was asked by her to write this review. She is extremely happy that she came to Springhill Health and Rehab, she loves the therapy department and her therapists. She has complimented the dietary department on their meals and choices. She has praised the entire nursing staff on their compassion toward her and her family. She is so thankful that she choose this wonderful facility and would highly recommended it to anyone.

February 03, 2019

By judiih

my wife was admitted after a stroke when i visited her i found rash on her bottom the diaper was wringing wet more than once her waist was raw and bleeding from the wet diaper i have to say the care was substandard all they did was dope her up so she would sleep in 5 weeks she had two showers when i went to see her she was laying in her waste i ended up changing her myself i could not find help since she came home i made more progress than at that s hole i would not tell anyone to go there complain to the office they told me to see the nurses bad place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2018

By true4e

I did not get the care i need when i need it. I did not get my meds as i was to get. They give them when they want to. They did not make my bed like they should of they lift me in the wheel chair. And they lift my roomate in hers and she was in pain. They did not pay att to what foods my roommate can eat and cant cant eat and did not give me as i ask. This is one place i would never go back to . I hade to leave be for my time was up becuse i was not get the help or my meds i need. As well as i told a few people about my care and my roommate and they seam to not care. My roomate hade to wait way to long to go to the bathroomfor she was over 90 yrs old . Use how are ther to rebuild to move could not get some things wich i feel that becuse some of us are there for rehav that cant move on our own too good shoud be offer treat like the ones how stay there. Wich i feel they got all the care they need but not us temp ones like we should have.

February 06, 2018

By lucinda1013

bedsheets were not changed. food was horrible. staff was not very attentive. the patient was never bathed. over-medicated her. The place was not the cleanest. They insisted that we picked her up and she passed away the same day. I wouldn't send my worst enemy here.

August 21, 2017

By Dianna

The service at Spring Hill Health and Rehabilitation Center was very good. The rehab program was excellent. The staff was pretty good. Most of the time, they were attentive. The food was good and served in the room. They had bingo. My room was adequate with two beds and a bathroom. The environment was quiet, and they cleaned the place every day.

February 05, 2017

By Maggy Ann

I have never in my life seen such a horrible place the nurses talk to the patients very badly they treat the patients like they're garbage I am not kidding I ask a CNA if I can get a washcloth and towel to help my sister clean up as she hadn't had a shower in 3 days and she told me they didn't have any. I stated there you are no towels at all for any of these patients as she told me no but offered me a pillowcase to wash my sister up with. If a newspaper person would go up there and write an article of the patients are there now as of today Sunday February 5th they will get all sorts of reports of Health filthy everything is.how the food is horrible. Heard two nurses in the hallway speak about how they cut across the courtyard so they don't have to pass the patient's rooms to listen to him. If you think I'm joking I am not you can ask anybody staying there the woman in the room with my sister had to lay in wet clothes because of an accident for over 45 minutes before anybody would help her. If you choose to be in the medical field you have to have compassion don't just go to work and think you're going to get a paycheck I have heard some of these nurses be so rude but then again there are also some nurses that are very nice I think they need to monitor the nurses and the workers there and get rid of all the ones that don't want to do their jobs or who thinks the patients are just a nuisance to them. Cannot believe this place is not investigated by the state, everyone desires to have courteous and professional care.

February 01, 2017

By hollyhill352

The management are all horrible. Nurses and cnas were wonderful. They over work these poor girls and expect them to be able to do their jobs properly with not enough staff. Management is very unprofessional and I witnessed them talking porley about the nurses and aids but was not helping them either when they were in need. I will never send my father here again ever!

September 16, 2016

By Acorn1945

I had a friend who went to Spring Hill and stated they had a bad experience so I decided not to send my mom there.. When case management sent her to Spring Hill anyway I was livid.. Regretfully, I took some of that frustration out on the staff at Spring Hill who were all but pleasant and supportive. They worked with me, kept in touch with me and we worked through all of my nightmares.. I am so thankful I was able to experience them first hand.. I would recommend this place to everyone..

July 13, 2016

By Disgusted and sad relative

My husband suffered a stroke and was a patient at Spring Hill Health & Rehab for approximately 5 weeks. He was transferred from a hospital late in the evening . Although he is insulin dependent Diabetic he received no insulin until about 7 : 30 the following evening when i brought to their attention that he is diabetic. I was told by the nurse there was nothing on his patient discharge summary from the hospital stating that. When the nurse checked his blood sugar it was almost 400 . For the next several days I asked to see the Discharge Summary they received from the hospital only to be denied . They stated they need permission from the hospital even though i have Power of Power of Attorney. After 7 days of being denied I produced for them the patient Discharge Summary I obtained from the hospital and it clearly stated my husband was a Diabetic and on Insulin. Suddenly they were able to check their computer and admit it does say that. Clearly the nurse lied and probably didn't look . We had no complaints with the Pt Dept. and some of the CNA 's work very hard and are caring.. Housekeeping leaves much to be desired. we would run out of trash bags and trash would just be tossed on the floor , trash sometimes will sit under the bed for days. No hand soap in the patients bathroom and was told housekeeping wasn't on that weekend but there was no soap during the week. Forget the food especially if you require a sugar free or low sugar diet. You will receive orange juice ,cake with icing cookies and canned fruit . If you question the diet you will be told not to worry they monitor the Diabetic with Insulin.. My husband has Chronic Atrial Fibrillation and is required to have de caffeinated drinks. We were told he is the only one in the place that requires decaf coffee. Their answer to that problem was to give him dried ,hard old packets of decaf coffee.. I started bringing him in Decaf coffee from home. Many times my husband would still receive regular coffee until it was taken off his menu because they were unable to remember. At times if they ran out of a certain food stated on your menu you will either get nothing in its place or a no named substitute. If you don't like the food you are not told or offered something else.Smoking is another problem. Although there are designated smoking areas residents and visitors sill smoke in a non smoking area and cigarette butts on the ground. 3 x I turned in cigarette lighters to the desk. This can be very dangerous given the problems some of the residents have. No one seemed to concerned . Clearly they don't enforce their own rules. When you take a tour of the facility it may look and sound nice but residing there is another story. I have worked many years ago in a nursing facility and never seen conditions like this. It does no good to bring the problems to anyone's attention . They just humor you and the problems continue. that place needs to be reported to the right authorities.

July 02, 2016

By A friend from Spring Hill283341

A friend of mine is at Spring Hill Health and Rehab Center. She is in a shared room and the place is pretty OK. I saw their therapy room and I saw some residents doing therapy.

May 10, 2016

By Diane121563550

My dad was at Spring Hill Rehab. My experience with them was very bad. He kept falling out of his wheelchair, but they wouldn’t put a wheelchair buddy on him. They put him in the hallway, and he fell out and broke his nose. Then they put him back in the wheelchair, brought him into the TV room covered with blood and just left him there, and that’s how I found him. I ended up having to bring him to the ER because they weren’t going to do it. They’re very bad there. They did very little rehab at all and tried to help him walk, but it was very limited, and they didn’t do it for very long. We had about three nurses that we actually liked because they cared, and that’s the only thing good I can say about the staff. We complained to the director of nursing, and she didn’t do anything. I tried to talk to the person that was in charge of the whole place, and every time I called him, he wouldn’t return my phone calls. I left messages with the desk. I think they need to be shut down, so nobody can go there again because they just don’t care.

March 10, 2016

By disgustedinSH

My mother was a resident there for approximately six months until about January this year. I primarily visited on weekends due to distance and always found her room unclean, Several times there were problems with ants. There was always food on her face mask and her tray from hours or days before and many times there was urine unflushed in the toilet. We won't even mention the floors. Additionally, on at least two occasions she was "changed" and left in the clothing she had urinated on as well as the sheets. The staff always promised to do better but it never seemed to happen. The final straw was my brother and I having to insist they send mom out in an ambulance after she had not eaten or had anything really to drink for a week. Her breathing was short and her heart was literally pounding out of her chest. However, they did not see that as reason enough to send her to the hospital without our intervention and insistence. This, even though she suffered from frequent UTIs and CHF. We later learned that among other things she was septic. My family and I are convinced that this inattention was part of the reason for her subsequent demise. I pray the staff that works there never have to go there for care themselves. I wouldn't wish them on anyone. Now we are fighting with them to get her check refunded. Will they prove to be thieves as well? Stay tuned!

March 07, 2016

By J. Mag

Everyone has bad days. The staff was wonderful and always dealt with any of my concerns/questions. They took their time to make sure both me and my husband were comfortable. It was a little rocky at the beginning but I didn't know what to expect and I found out I was expecting the world. The staff did everything they could to help us from the top to the talkative housekeeper. It is a difficult job and I couldn't have done better anywhere else.

October 07, 2015

By SpringHillLady

In the beginning they are great about explaining how wonderful the facility is and what they offer. My father was transferred there with IV Antibiotics from a MSRA infection he caught as Oak Hill Hospital ER (read up on this and you'll see alot of MSRA over there). He has to have ten more days of antibiotics. He's been really sick and has dementia and after almost dying in the hospital he came here. Every day day somone comes and ask us "What is the plan". I am paying caregivers to stay with him 12 hours a day to help feed him, change him, reposition him etc. I realize most people are not able to do this and we're not either but it's a priority right now. The plan is to get him back at least to the point he was at. What the heck are they so concerned with a PLAN for release. They don't tell us the reason why (i.e. if we want to place him it may take time, if we're having him home he may require more care, etc) they want this plan but to bother people every day when he's still really sick is ridiculous. There were alot of medical errors on their part. The IV pump wasn't working and they don't have a spare room. They give the people who go to the bathroom in the bed baths two days a week. There are some nice CNAs and nurses that work there but Management is full of crap and will tell you anything to get you in there and then if you question anything they do they want you out. I've made friends with some of the residents and they tell me the garbage that goes on. The sad thing is that people are limited to their choice of facilities to recover in this area but they put 1,000 times more stress on your than you already have.

January 04, 2015

By Anglla

the staff had been very caring to my uncle.

July 10, 2013

By Barb9

My husband was sent to Springhill for his second rehab. I took him out there and even called the Florida Dept. of Senior abuse. He was in a room with another man who had broken his hip. That man fell out of his wheelchair in the floor of his room and his family found him not the staff. The staff was not able to take care of my husband given his mental problem.

Services and Amenities of Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center

Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Brooksville, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, and Memory Care. Contact Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Spring Hill Health And Rehabilitation Center