Brooksville Healthcare Center Brooksville, FL

Reviews of Brooksville Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Brooksville Healthcare Center

July 07, 2016

By Tomith

I had my wife at Brooksville Healthcare Center for three years. They were extremely good and they treated her very well. The staff is extremely competent and good. The food was good and they made changes when it was necessary for her diet.

November 20, 2014

My mother is very happy at Brooksville Healthcare Center. She likes the personal service, and they seemed to know them very well. She is happy -- that was the biggest thing -- and gaining weight. They are very personal there, answered all my questions, and they were very upfront what they could and couldn’t do. They are on renovation, so they are updating everything. The workers section they actively working to renovate is and gated. The food is not boring; everything was a la carte. They asked the residents what they would like, and they walk into the dining room. If they don’t like to go down, they can eat in their rooms, and they also have an alternative dining room. In terms of communication they call within an hour because she fall and then they would usually call me with an update of how things throughout the day. They know her by name, and it’s really nice.

Photos of Brooksville Healthcare Center

Services and Amenities of Brooksville Healthcare Center

• Housing Extra: We Offer Both Private And Semi Private Rooms

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have Nurses On Staff 24 Hours Per Day.

• Occupational Therapy

About Brooksville Healthcare Center

brooksvillehealthcarecenter.com

Brooksville Healthcare Center, located in Hernando County, Florida is a nonprofit skilled nursing and specialized therapy facility nestled in a serene, oak-shaded, community. We specialize in physical, occupational, and speech therapy to promote independence and improve the quality of life for our residents.

At Brooksville Healthcare Center, we strive to ensure a patient's comfort and are eager to make one feel welcomed and at ease. We are a Joint Commission Accredited facility, have received the Governors Gold Seal Award, and have been rated 5 stars by both CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services) and ACHA (American College of Healthcare Architects). Our professional, yet the wholehearted staff is caring, compassionate, and available for you and your loved one.

Skilled Nursing:

Our professional team of nurses is responsible for implementing the practice of nursing through the use of the nursing process along with other health care professionals. Our nurses work as patient advocates for the care, recovery and maintenance of your health.

Key to the nursing process is critical thinking and clinical judgment, which requires assessment and evaluation skills, technical competence, interpersonal skill and the ability to synthesize data, cluster it into similar patterns in order to develop a nursing diagnosis, and then the ability to work together with the patient, family, and community to establish appropriate outcomes and interventions.

Our Nurses provide physical and emotional support to patients and the families of patients with illnesses or disabilities that affect their ability to function normally and that may alter their lifestyle.

Our specialized therapy nurses care for individuals who are experiencing temporary, progressive, or permanent illnesses or disabilities that are extensive enough to alter their normal functioning and interrupt their lifestyle.

Speech Therapy:

Speech therapy, similar to other therapies, focuses on restoring an individual to a prior/highest level of function. Difficulties that may arise from a stroke, head injury, or illness can be relearned or compensated for through the teaching of a speech-language pathologist. Areas of speech therapy include communication, cognition, voice, stuttering, and swallowing. Our speech/language programs include Vital Stim, a specialized concept in treating swallowing difficulties.

Physical Therapy:

Our physical therapy programs are designed to help patients regain their strength, improve mobility, manage pain, or adapt to a disability. Brooksville Healthcare Center offers unique and exciting programs. The goal of our physical therapy department is to achieve the highest level of independence through intensive rehabilitation and therapies.

Occupational Therapy:

Occupational therapy assists patients in performing activities of all types, like caring for daily needs such as dressing, cooking, and eating. Services typically include: customized treatment programs to improve one's ability to perform daily activities; adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training; and guidance to family members and caregivers.

Brooksville Healthcare Center provides quality nursing care to residents for support in their daily activities. Through our care, which can range from short term to long term care, these patients are able to achieve and maintain the highest possible level of function.

Map of Brooksville Healthcare Center