St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Adult Day Care

6448 MAIN STREET, Trumbull, CT 06611
St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center

January 22, 2017

By Jazrahel1

I'm grateful for the care and professional attention my love one gets.....

July 23, 2012

By shoshimom

Although the care is pretty good, I have observed some issues that were a concern to me. On a hot day, I removed my mother's shoes and socks to give her some air. I then noticed her toenails were so overgrown, they were digging into the next toe. I brought it to someone's attention and they said the podiatrist only comes once every 3 months. But they said they'd alert someone to her problem. A week later, I checked again...they were still as bad. I raise the concern again and was told they'd call the podiatrist immediately. Week later...still no response and I had to return to NC. I also noticed one nurse in particular is very hard on patients. Once when I was on the phone with her from NC, this particular nurse came in the room, accused my mom of talking to noone and took the phone from her and hung up! There is also one aide in particular who is almost abusive to residents in the dining room. This has been observed on more than one occassion. I have no say in my mom's care as my sister is in charge. But I am really upset with the attitude of some of these caregivers. I thank God for those who are genuinely loving and caring toward my mom and the pother residents.

February 28, 2012

By rachel4

The rooms were always clean, and all of the staff members that we saw interacting with the residents were friendly and engaging. When we joined residents in the cafeteria at meal time, the staff seemed to be on top of the various dietary needs of the different residents. Activities were always available, and residents would win small prizes at bingo. On the lower level, there is a hair salon, where the staff was friendly and seemed to be very well acquainted with the different residents. We had less positive experiences with the administrative staff. When we would call, wishing to talk with our family member, we would be transferred to the desk on the floor and left on hold indefinitely. Several times, we attempted to update patient information with the contact information for another daughter, and the resident provided consent for her to be informed about her care. Nonetheless, that information was never included in her file, which led to very distressing results when a medical emergency occurred.

January 20, 2012

By dp2008

Last year my grandfather began living here. There is a nice dining room that serves decent food. Its relatively inexpensive if a family member wants to pay to eat dinner there. The staff has always been extremely polite and caring. They take all of the necessary health and safety precautions. I believe they are required to wash their hands between patients room. This greatly reduces the chances of spreading germs from one patient to another.There are grab bars everywhere in his room. The shower has a bench so that my grandfather can still shower independently. There are also lots of activities offered at St. Joseph's manor. My Grandfather regularly plays cards, and bingo. I know some of the ladies have a knitting/sewing club. There are occasional opportunities for bus trips and shopping trips. The facility does a wonderful job allowing the residents to remain as independent as possible, while keeping them safe and feeling valued.

Services and Amenities of St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center

St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Trumbull, Connecticut that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Adult Day Care. Contact St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of St Joseph's Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center