Sunrise at Alta Loma

Sunrise at Alta Loma (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise at Alta Loma

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise at Alta Loma

November 25, 2015

I thought Sunrise of Alta Loma was a really nice place, but the cost of it would have taken all of my mother’s checks. It had a very nice atmosphere and did not smell. The apartment that they had available was connected to a courtyard and was super clean. I didn’t have an appointment but the girl took me around; I thought that was really nice. There weren't many activities going on, but I did see a beautiful activity room.

January 17, 2015

I didn't have any issues with Sunrise at Alta Loma. They answered all my questions during our tour, and I've had follow-up calls from them. I like that place when they said that they try to put people together with other people because everybody needs someone to talk to. It was clean and looked nice. Downstairs where they eat was smaller and not as elegant looking as the others. There are some people in electronic wheelchairs, and there was some lady pushing another lady in a wheelchair.

January 12, 2015

By Martin13

Even though the Sunrise at Alta Loma is an older facility, it was nice and clean. The residents looked satisfied. I have a friend who used to live there, and I had visited him. They had activities like bingo and pinochle. Everybody liked it, and they were happy living there.

December 28, 2014

By Donna99458150

Sunrise was very nice. The staff was very helpful and continued to be helpful. The entire facility was very nice, homey, and seemed clean. The staff also showed support to the residents. To be realizing at a very traumatic time, they were caring about how the family could work together with the facility for the person's uncertainty.

August 26, 2014

By Marty7

Sunrise was a very nice place. It was just a little busy and my mom liked the peacefulness of the other place a little better. It was just the time we were visiting -- there was a lot of activity going on. It was a very good experience. I really like the staff there. They were very informative and they gave us a great tour. The room was very nice; it seemed clean. Everything seemed fine.

July 19, 2014

Sunrise of Alta Loma is in a nice location. It's next door to a big park. The hospital is not very far, and they have a shopping center across the street. The room had a bathroom, but I would kind of like it if it was a little bit bigger than that one was. It's a nice place. I really couldn't speak too much on the staff. The ones that I talked to were very nice, but as far as how they treated the patients, I don't know.

February 28, 2014

By Sandra45

Sunrise Alta Loma was very nice and very clean. It's well-organized. They have really nice shower facilities and they were putting in a Jacuzzi spa, so they could put in people that have arthritis. All the people there seemed to be very nice. The lady that runs the place is a nurse was way, way costly.

January 31, 2014

I visited Sunrise and it didn't look clean inside because they had debris on the floor. It was kind of a dark dreary place and I didn't like it much. I also didn't like the access to the building because you had to park at the back. But the staff was fine. I knew they had different activities like movies, games and a lot of stuffs which were also fine. However, I really had a bad impression and I wasn't really interested in having my father-in-law in there.

January 31, 2014

I was able to visit Sunrise at Alta Loma. The facility is very nice and very relaxed. It has a cozy feel to it. The staff were very friendly and very caring. The ones that I was able to observe they seem to be very in tune with the patients and the residents seemed to quite comfortable with them. I was just told that they had activities and that they had a garden area where they could go out and plant flowers or care for their own plants, but I didn’t actually get to see anyone doing any activities while I was there. I was able to see their dining room and it was nice. It was open and they didn’t have any assigned sitting so the residents could sit wherever they like. I like the fact that they had beverages both water and juice out all the time. They seemed to have snacks available for them at any time which was a good thing.

June 29, 2012

By sbear

The facility is in a nice location in Alta Loma. The property is well maintained and landscaped, with a cozy, comforting exterior demeanor. Entering through the 'back' doors makes for a familiar, family feeling when we visit, and allows us to see the residents either eating meals or having recreational time. The lower-level common areas are very home-like in feel--there is a large fireplace in the living room, lots of comfortable seating and a generally warm, cozy atmosphere. The staff is very attendant and knowledgeable. I felt that my great-grandparents were receiving excellent care and were happy there. There was always plenty of visible staff members actively engaged with the residents. The facility also had a lot of activities on-site that my great-grandmother liked to attend. Also, they were provided with rides to just about anywhere in the surrounding area. The shuttle takes residents to the store, the library, the local senior community center, etc.

March 13, 2012

By jpetre

My grandmother stays here since she has Alzheimers and cannot take care of herself. The place is very nice and welcoming and feels more like a house than a facility. All of the staff is understanding and kind and truly do their best to make the residents feel at home. In addtion, there are alot of activities for her to do including bingo, car trips, and parties/gatherings. This makes sure she never gets bored and helped to keep her mind active. Most of the time they were attentive to her needs,although a few times she had been neglected; but i believe it was just an honest mistake. One negative aspect about this place was the price was very high at around 5,000 dollars a month. It is well worth it for her in my opinion but it was still tough to come up with that kind of money. All in all it is a great place and I would reccomend it to any senior citizen who has trouble living on their own.

January 03, 2012

By AmiR4663

This is a cozy homey Victorian style facility that offers care ranging from independent living to hospice care. The grounds are manicured with porches and rocking chairs. The dining room has a wall of windows that look out into a beautiful courtyard. The posted menu for the day had fresh offerings and choices made from scratch for restaurant style dining. The rooms are a little odd shaped, but they were clean with memory boxes at the door. They offer a variety of typical amenities like the beauty/barber shop, transportation for doctor visits and shopping. The only negative I found were the extra charges for things like waiting at doctor visits ($25/hr) or individualized needs.

November 19, 2011

Sunrise at Alta Loma has the hospitality and personalized services of an upscale Social Club. The services they offer include assisted living services, Alzheimer's care, respite care and short-term care. They offer delicious meals and have a Bistro like dining area there is an inviting presence to this place. The residents were abuzz with activity and some were awaiting a trip to the Mall then to a movie. The common lobby and sitting areas as well as the courtyards were beautiful and well designed. The grounds are well groomed and maintained. The staff is professional and compassionate. They were able to answer all of my questions and promptly took me on a tour as soon as I asked. The activity calendar was filled each one of the day of the month. They offer Sunday services and other faith leaders are welcome if requested. Saturday (Sabbath) services are also offered to the Seventh Day Adventist and Jewish believers. They have an extensive menu for both Meat eaters as well as Vegetarians. The staff said if there is a request of a resident they did not have they would do their best to accommodate their request if possible. This is a very nice place and I would place my loved one here if need be.

September 29, 2011

By DestinyMissions

This facility is gorgeous. My uncle lives here and I can say he is in an excellent environment. The care is outstanding and the place is nice and comfortable for people to stay. The rooms are nice and the residents look like they enjoy staying there. The cost of the place is affordable and I recommend families should allow their loved ones to stay here. The staff is very friendly and there are activities that keep all the residents happy. There is so much that is offered here that people should not be bored at during their stay here. This is located in a great city and there is a lot to do around here. There are several shopping centers within a close proximity and there are malls and great spots for recreation. There are very nice parks around and the air is pretty good quality. Los Angeles is about an hour away and mountains are not far away. This is an excellent choice.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise at Alta Loma

Photos of Sunrise at Alta Loma

Services and Amenities of Sunrise at Alta Loma

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi

• Licenses: 366403906

About Sunrise at Alta Loma

For more than 35 years, Sunrise Senior Living has been committed to providing seniors the best possible support, rooted in the latest research, and theories of aging. We take a holistic approach to senior care, where everything we do has our residents' specific wants and needs at its core. From support and peace of mind to personalized programming, we focus on your individual wellness and well-being so you can live life exactly how you please.

At Sunrise at Alta Loma, championing quality of life for all seniors is our mission and is the responsibility of every Sunrise team member. Based on residents surveys, consumer insights, and industry metrics, national programs have recognized Sunrise's efforts and our commitment to quality care. Sunrise communities have earned more than 280 National Quality Awards - more than any other assisted living provider.

Map of Sunrise at Alta Loma