Aegis Living Moraga

Reviews of Aegis Living Moraga

Assisted Living Reviews for Aegis Living Moraga

February 28, 2013

By Marty3

Aegis of Moraga is a part of a network, so they have other facilities within the San Francisco bay area. It's in the town that I live. I met one of the coordinators and she went over my mom's background, what her current status both medically and emotionally. We talked about the differences between assisted living and skilled nursing, and then she gave me a tour of the facility. She showed me what's available, what they have and what they didn't have. They also have a program for people with limited income. If my mom met that criteria, then she would qualify for some of their least expensive rates. That was really helpful. She provided the forms for us to fill out. I was very impressed with their system in general.

June 27, 2011

By EastBayGCM

Other

Aegis of Moraga offers both assisted living and dementia care. The assisted living part is good. I have no complaints. The food is excellent, the activities are very good, with a lot going on. But the dementia care, which is what I'm focusing on here, is badly flawed. I give that just one star. I've had residents there and moved every one of them out. This is a stunning, gorgeous facility. It looks and functions like a beautiful country club. Families of the residents love the ambiance. But my dementia patients were left in their rooms for long periods. And the staff, which seemed to have little experience or skill in handling dementia, had little interaction with them. They didn't notice the changes in mental or physical function that turn into crises. My experience has been that the dementia patients end up spending a lot of time in the ER. I'm not the only one with complaints about the dementia care, either. The doctors we work with also complain that they can't get the staff to follow their instructions.

Services and Amenities of Aegis Living Moraga

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Tagalog

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Aegis Living Moraga

Located in one of the East Bay's loveliest locales, Aegis of Moraga is nestled in the heart of Moraga's rolling hills, just a short distance from highways 24 & 680. Shopping, banking and professional services are nearby, including John Muir/Mt. Diablo and Kaiser Medical Centers.

When you visit Aegis of Moraga, the first thing you'll notice are the smiles on the faces of our staff - who gladly assist our residents each day with compassion and care - and especially on the faces of our residents, visiting with family and friends, enjoying meals together, taking in courtyard views, or participating in one of the many fun and interesting activities that make our community a great place to live.

Aegis of Moraga features 63 studio and one-bedroom assisted living apartments. We also offer 13 private studio apartments in Life's Neighborhood, specially designed for seniors living with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia.

Map of Aegis Living Moraga