Avocado Post Acute

Reviews of Avocado Post Acute

Nursing Home Reviews for Avocado Post Acute

July 10, 2015

By BCL

I am a relative of a patient at El Dorado care center. My husband was transfered from scripps mercy trauma center with a broken back to Eldorado care facility. The nurses had no idea what his treatment plan consisted of but we knew that he was not supposed to move at all without his back brace on. Well he tried to get up to use the potty, made it w/ a walker to the toilet, sat down and instantaniously cried out in pain as his smashed vertibrae began to pinch his spinal nerve. He called to me and we got him back onto his bed immediately! We agreed that he would hurt himself if he tried that again w/ out the back brace. ALso, they put him into a double room w/ a poor soul suffering a slow death! This old man had a traiciotomy and would cough up these loud animal dying a horrible death sounds so loud that when he coughed it literally startled the two of us out of our nap. ALong with these sounds you could smell his innards fuming out of the hole in his throat which was absolutely nausiating and barely tolerable for me. Just remembering the smell to tell you this story leaves me with a feeling to puke. Now, I know that old man deserves his dignity in place, right? SO put him in a single gosh darn room so other patients dont have to lay in a room permeated with the smell of decay and the sounds that death makes as its last final throws of agony squeeze

August 14, 2013

By mslove

My brother was in this nursing home for a bit & it's totally understaffed. My brother would ring for a nurse or his room mate would ring for a nurse & they would never come unless I would go find one. There were a few nurses that my brother didn't like. I was my brothers power of attorney. They are suppose to contact me of everything they did not. They sent my brother to the hospital with out his paperwork. They told the hospital they couldn't get a hold of me. They lied. I was constantly in their offices to make sure they had my number. My brother got sent to the hospital because of a fever they told me. Come to find out my brother was in the hospital 4 days was awake on arrival but by the time I got there he was on life support & 3 days later he passed away because he was septic. Now it takes a while before a body becomes septic & they should of known. I visited him & he seemed out of it. He was calling my uncle Daddy & they look nothing a like. I knew something then & questioned them about what was wrong they just said he was probably tired. Negative he was showing early signs of being ill. So all I can say is watch your family close if they have to be in there, Stay on top of things. My brother had several room mates & they all passed away. So please people just know our nursing homes are not right to our family. If at all possible keep them out of a nursing home!!

July 31, 2013

By March392

The place is bright and the staff seemed to be very friendly. Eldorado is very close to where I live. I would say that they got plenty of activities. The staff has always been cordial to me and to my sister-in-law. Whenever anything comes up like the change in her care or her medications, they would call right away and let me know. Her room is pretty much a standard shared room and I'm saying standard as far as skilled nursing facilities go. Currently, she is in a two bedroom. She is always clean. They have helped her to gained weight which she needed to do. She likes the food and everything seems to be going well. I have no concerns or complaints about them.

Services and Amenities of Avocado Post Acute

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 08/01/2019

About Avocado Post Acute

Avocado Post Acute is a senior living provider in El Cajon, California that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Avocado Post Acute for more details on services and rates.

Map of Avocado Post Acute