Atherton Baptist Home

Reviews of Atherton Baptist Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Atherton Baptist Home

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Atherton Baptist Home

March 27, 2014

My parents are residents of Atherton. They had moved there back in 1992. It's a complete retirement community. They also have regular residential living. They're in a quadruplex and they just did everything themselves. They were in independent, but now they're in assisted. My dad is a retired minister, so because of being a Baptist minister, he had a lifetime contract with them so that if he ran out of money, he still got everything and it was discounted to begin with. I think personally that they take better care of my parents and my parents think they do. I thought it was excellent and the only thing that mom was a little bothered about was that the people we ate with by the small dining room fell sleep. She wanted to be with people that she could converse with, not ones that fall asleep. My mom has physical issues. Almost all my life, she has had allergies so she does have to have care 24 hours. She had fallen while my dad was out shopping between their two beds in their regular apartment they had. She couldn't get up and she didn't have her emergency thing on because she had just awoken and gotten out of bed. She laid there for an hour and a half. My dad has been trying to hide some of her issues because he knows that they were to put her into skilled nursing. We went over and talked to the proper people about this, and they said they were aware of the fact she had laid there for an hour and a half. We were very concerned about that. I'm still going to give them a 4 because the other things are super excellent because it's very clean. It's older, but they keep it nice and warm and homey. The staff is very friendly.

June 15, 2013

By John P.

I moved my dad to the Atherton about 2 months ago. I liked it because he has his own space. He has more than just a bedroom; he has a whole apartment. The place is very clean and nice.

April 09, 2013

By popnmim

Having lived at the Atherton for 21months I don't know about everything that is available. But I can tellyou from my experience it is a wonderful place with a christian atmosphere. The food is delicious with caring servers. There are a number of studies you can be a part of.We have a inside pool kept at 80 degrees, a spa, pool room,exercise equipment, etc. We have plots for gardening, this is what I really like. there are art classes, a large library,and a a variety of games. As you can tell my wife and I are very happy here.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Atherton Baptist Home

• Housing Extra: Duplex And Triplex, Three Bedroom Apartments

• State Licenses: RCFE # 197802543, DHS # 950000105

About Atherton Baptist Home

Atherton is a continuing care retirement community that is committed to helping seniors live joyful, productive and inspirational lives. We achieve our mission by providing a continuum of lifestyle and care options in a Christian environment, from independent and assisted living to memory care and 5-star skilled nursing. Atherton is open to people of all faiths.

Map of Atherton Baptist Home