Oakmont of Cardinal Point

Oakmont of Cardinal Point (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Oakmont of Cardinal Point

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakmont of Cardinal Point

May 01, 2015

I used to play bridge at Cardinal Point weekly. I don't know it so well, but the food is excellent. It is a beautiful facility which is like a resort facility. Most of the residents that I talked with were quite satisfied. It is very nice and expensive. Each of my visits there are very pleasant, and the staff is very nice.

April 26, 2011

By LovingSon

Friend or relative of resident

My mother was a resident at the assisted living portion of Cardinal Point on the island of Alameda. Pros: -The staff is terrific. Everyone was willing to go the extra mile for my mother, who was made to feel like part of the family and not just another client. -The facilities are very nice. The building, which is relatively new, faces the estuary just across from Jack London Square and the views of the boats coming and going are very nice. Cardinal Point has its own movie theater, small pool, and computer room. The rooms themselves were also nice though most of the rooms on the assisted living wing did not have particularly good views. -The activities were superior to other facilities we looked at. There were interesting trips for the residents. Cons: -There was a noisy resident in the room next to my mother's and the management was reluctant to do anything about this even though it interfered with my mother's sleep. -The vast majority of residents were in the independent living section of Cardinal Point. Personally I view this as an advantage but assisted living residents, who by definition will not be in as good shape as the independent living residents, are definitely in the minority. Overall Cardinal Point in Alameda is an excellent facility.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Oakmont of Cardinal Point

July 27, 2016

By Gary635583

We liked the location of Cardinal Point because it's in Alameda. The facility looks nice. The sales lady that we talked to was really nice, competent, and answered all of our questions. It was a pretty good experience, and we're on a waiting list right now. We went on a tour. They had a swimming pool, recreation area, dining hall, food service, on-site medical stuff, and trips. They had an activity plan. A shopping center and airport are close, as well as restaurants and dining in Alameda.

May 03, 2015

I was very impressed with Cardinal Point at Mariner Square. The buy-in was OK, but the monthly rent was a little steeper than what I feel I can handle at this time. It looked wonderful and very pleasant. The lady that showed me around was very pleasant and helpful.

August 22, 2013

By Bollweivil

My husband and I were very favorably impressed by this facility. There was an attractive entry, nice patio and gardens, good activities, and the rooms have lovely walk-in closets. The rooms overlook the waterfront, and would be great for watching the fireworks. The facility sits on piers, should be fine in case of an earthquake. There is a library nearby, and some shops, and more are being constructed. We were treated to a very nice lunch with well prepared vegetables.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $4615/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Views Of The Water, W/D In Apt.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class, Water Aerobics

• Financial Guidance Extra: Income Qualified Apts (20)

• Kosher

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State Licenses: 215, 015601222

About Oakmont of Cardinal Point

Cardinal Point, a Continuing Care Retirement Community, is located at Mariner Square in Alameda, California, across the estuary from Jack London Square. This beautiful three-story building offers services, including hospice, and independent living facilities, and amenities to encourage and support an independent lifestyle, as well as providing a higher level of services in the Care Center.

Resort style living at Cardinal Point includes concierge service, massage room, spa and salon, outdoor heated pool, first-class dining and weekly housekeeping. Enjoy the private theater, fitness room, business center, community activities and much more.

Studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom residences range from 350 to 1,220 square feet. Balconies offer views of the Oakland skyline. There is easy access to Alameda's shoreline trail, and Charlie Park is just outside your front door!

Resort style living with a water view. Intimate, established community. Flexible restaurant style dining. Outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi. Pets welcome.

Map of Oakmont of Cardinal Point