17 Assisted Living Facilities near Greenville, RI
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greenville area, with 2 in Greenville and 15 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 84 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greenville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greenville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Smithfield with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greenville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Greenville, RI
15 Assisted Living Facilities near Greenville, RI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greenville
Review of Cortland Place
The facility is spotless, staff are welcoming, and they are receptive to feedback. Short-term rehab. Read more
Review of Cortland Place
I was very impressed with Cortland Place; it was very nice, clean, and didn’t smell like an old folks' home. The staff was friendly. My mom is in a private room; it’s very pretty, spacious, and jus... Read more
Review of Cortland Place
Cortland Place was nice and the staff was very nice. I went unannounced; I just walked in and told them that I was shopping for assisted living for my wife who has Alzheimer's, and they were just f... Read more
Assisted Living near Providence County, RI
More Options Near Greenville, RI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greenville
Greenville, Rhode Island has an unusual history. Located in Providence County within the city of Smithfield, this former colonial village was founded in 1730. Seniors who retire in Greenville can explore its rich history in local museums.
Providence County offers seven Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs), and 47 additional ALFs can be found in the surrounding area. In Rhode Island, ALFs are also called Assisted Living Residences, and exist to house and care for seniors. These facilities are regulated by the Rhode Island Department of Health and may assist seniors with daily activities such as bathing, dressing and managing medication.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greenville
- Greenville’s climate is varied, with an average July high temperature of 82 degrees, and an average January low temperature of 18 degrees. Due to the chilly winters, when Greenville gets an average of 39 inches of snow, seniors with limited mobility may have difficulty staying active year-round.
- Seniors can feel safe in Greenville, due to its low crime rate. Violent crime is rated at 30.2 out of 100 (1 being the safest), just below the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 29.3, which is lower than the national average of 38.1.
- Greenville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Rhode Island Hospital, located in Providence.
- Seniors seeking transportation to doctor’s appointments, shopping and local attractions can use the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA). RIPTA's buses are wheelchair-accessible, so individuals with limited mobility can ride them with ease.
- Providence County’s air quality may prove difficult for seniors with respiratory illnesses, due to Greenville's ozone score, which the American Lung Association has rated a "D". However, Greenville's particle pollution 24-hour rating is better, scoring a "B", which may give relief to seniors with mild respiratory issues.
- History buffs will enjoy Greenville's Smith-Appleby House, a historical home built in 1696. Seniors can also visit the Rhode Island Historical Society's Museum of Work and Culture, which features exhibits about the lives of Rhode Island textile workers during the 19th and 20th centuries.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greenville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Rhode Island
Assisted Living costs in Greenville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greenville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenville
Low-income seniors in Rhode Island may be able to receive help for assisted living costs through the Rhode Island Global Consumer Choice Compact Waiver, which combines Medicaid with Rhode Island’s three previous waiver programs. In addition, the state offers an Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Assisted Living Program for seniors who are SSI-eligible.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenville
Greenville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greenville, please visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenville
Greenville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Rhode Island are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Rhode Island page for more information about these laws.